[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] Report: Crean to Indiana  (Read 2091 times)

ToddRosiakSays

[Rosiak's Blog] Report: Crean to Indiana
« on: April 01, 2008, 05:45:23 PM »
Report: Crean to Indiana

Written by: Todd Rosiak

Marquette Golden Eagles coach Tom Crean is leaving Marquette University for Indiana University.

The Indiana Daily Student, Indiana's student newspaper, received confirmation from Phillip Eskew, a member of Indiana's Board of Trustees, confirming Crean's hiring.

Athletic director Steve Cottingham was on a flight with the women's basketball team to Colorado and unavailable for comment. A MU athletic department spokesperson said it was the university's policy to not comment on other schools' job searches.

Crean, meanwhile, was not answering calls to his cell phone, and a call to his home phone failed to go through.

One MU player, reached by cell phone late Tuesday afternoon, said he'd just learned of the news. Another had no knowledge that Crean was apparently preparing to leave for Indiana.

"Not right away I don't," said the player when asked if he had a comment. "It's real shocking."

It's believed Crean was scheduled to meet with his Golden Eagles players later Tuesday to explain his decision.

Crean and Indiana are apparently seeking to finalize the agreement this evening.

Crean, 41, recently completed his ninth season as coach at MU, leading the Golden Eagles to a 25-10 record and the second round of the NCAA tournament, where they lost to Stanford.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/muhoops/archive/2008/04/01/report-crean-to-indiana.aspx

PuertoRicanNightmare

Re: [Rosiak's Blog] Report: Crean to Indiana
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 05:51:44 PM »
Classic! Our ad is on a plane...Crean is a class act!

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 05:55:54 PM »
PRN is right--Crean could have given Cottingham a heads up before he got on the plane for the WNIT for cripes sake.
Ludum habemus.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 06:08:52 PM »
Wow Chicos, that was low.  PRN made a pretty good point.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 06:11:58 PM »
I wonder if he told his confidants on the other board or did the hear it on tv like our ad and some of our players!!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 06:15:37 PM »

It was a terrible point. Way to go Chicos.

I mean why wouldn't our AD be on the plane with our women's team as they continue their season. That would be classless, he should be able to read Crean's mind at all times.

deerchaser

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 06:18:17 PM »

It was a terrible point. Way to go Chicos.

I mean why wouldn't our AD be on the plane with our women's team as they continue their season. That would be classless, he should be able to read Crean's mind at all times.

That wasn't PRN's point.  He was calling Crean a class act because this all came out while the AD was unavailable for comment.  Comprehension.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 06:31:10 PM »
Classic! Our ad is on a plane...Crean is a class act!

Won't matter, right PRN....our AD could be dead and it wouldn't matter.  The number of overqualified John Wooden juniors that will be pouring in through our doors, shouldn't matter a bit.   ::)  I just hope you, 4ever and Damonkey are going to towel each other off tonight after the circle party....no one likes that smell.

Chicos, my lord...I thought we were civil?

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

feedback