[Today at 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: what happened to Murf?  (Read 3622 times)

mviale

• All American
what happened to Murf?
« on: March 31, 2008, 02:42:24 PM »
is the guy banned?
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

muhoosier260

• All American
Re: what happened to Murf?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 03:01:25 PM »
i was wondering the same about harrison, his name isn't on the members list anymore though. i thought there was a lack of smart aleck-ness recently

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 03:07:07 PM »
Murff is busy annoying people on the other board.

Consider yourselves lucky he has gone away at least for a little while.......

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 03:10:40 PM »
Don't say his name 3 times or he will be back.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 03:12:40 PM »
murff...murff...mur....ah screw it!

Fox Valley Warrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 03:41:21 PM »
Check under your local rock!

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »
Why is it that a significant number of posters seem to believe that being a Marquette fan means being a lemming? Murff is a former player and coach and some of the goofballs in this thread think their opinions hold more weight? What a joke.

But congratulations to you upstanding, knowledgeable basketball fans on personally insulting one of our former players! Your opinions are obviously more valid than his.

What a joke.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 04:04:39 PM »
Why is it that a significant number of posters seem to believe that being a Marquette fan means being a lemming? Murff is a former player and coach and some of the goofballs in this thread think their opinions hold more weight? What a joke.

But congratulations to you upstanding, knowledgeable basketball fans on personally insulting one of our former players! Your opinions are obviously more valid than his.

What a joke.

I enjoy reading his stuff, I just find him incredibly inconsistent from one argument to the next...especially as it relates to MU and UW-Madison.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 04:12:57 PM »
I would expect you to like him, PRN, he holds TC in nearly as much comtempt as you do.  (!)
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 04:15:54 PM »
Who was that player that was supposed to be next huge impact player at UW according to our friend Murf?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 04:20:26 PM by mviale »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 04:16:04 PM »

What a joke.

And how many people here insulted SkyHook, another former MU player who happens to be pro Crean...works both ways I believe.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 04:20:54 PM »
Chicos -- nobody did more insulting of people than Skyhook himself!

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 04:34:02 PM »
Chicos -- nobody did more insulting of people than Skyhook himself!

That still doesn't mean skyhook wasn't insulted by people.

My guess is people don't see their opinion as higher or better then Murff. Rather, they just become worn down by his incessant verbal beating of inane topics that drown out whatever basketball knowledge he tries to post.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 04:53:23 PM »

What a joke.

The irony and hypocrisy. 

I believe in a thread last week you posted:

"Evidence? Are you serious? Is there some burden of proof I need to meet?  Laughable. If I felt like humoring you, I'd dig up "evidence," but for now just be assured that you are wrong and I am right."

Now you try to blast posters on this board because WE think our opinions carry more weight?

If ANYBODY can be accused of that, it's you. Read your post again.

(Also, you still have yet to answer any of my questions directed right to you in 2 other threads.)

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 05:17:15 PM »

What a joke.

At night, before i go to sleep, I pray you aren't passing your vile irrational hatred of random things and people on to our next generation.  All posts before yours were good natured, friendly, ribbing.  You're right it was a joke, only it made you mad, i'm guessing because of an excess of copper in your blood stream.

I heard murf was hired to be the shooting coach of the romaian olympic team.  Look out for them in Beijing

HarveysWallbangers

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 05:41:29 PM »
Is claiming somebody is living under a rock now considered good natured?

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 06:19:20 PM »
It is about 1 millionth as insulting as things i say about close friends on a regular basis.  Do people have to put winks next to everything they write around here?  this message board is turning into a bunch of oversensitive school girls.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 06:40:08 PM »

What a joke.

I hear what PR is saying and I agree to some extent.  The guy just tells it like it is.  My issue with him is the incessant hijacking of threads.  Someone posts a thread and he posts and completely takes the conversation in the direction he wants.  It's rude.  Doesn't mean I don't read his posts or don't want him to post.

hoops12

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 07:10:59 PM »
Who has Skyhook insulted on this board? He is a class person, former great player, and one of the biggest fans (if not the biggest fan) that MU has. Just because you don't like to support the program and Skyhook chooses to doesn't mean you have to make junk up on this board. I guess that's why he is a "supporter" of the program. He really cares about the program, the players, coaches, and the university as a whole!

You are typically a negative poster. You are definitely anti-Crean (and you make stuff up to support your hatred also), and you pick apart the program in every aspect. Our recruiting, scheduling, coaching, and anything else you can think of. I remember you crying like a baby a few years ago when we lost Bobby Frasor. You bascially said we will be terrible, Crean can't recruit coming off a Final Four appearance, ect.... Well, three NCAA Tournament appearances and three upper tier finishes later you are still barking out negatives. Even if we were winning championships, unfortunately you would find the negative.

Then, the funniest part of all this is, you hide behind your hatred by masking it with statements like, "just because I don't drink blue and gold kool-aid", or "just because I point out negatives in the program doesn't mean I am not a fan". Whatever!?!

Plain and simple...........you are not a fan of this current program. That is just the plain and simple truth. I would like to tell you what you are, but I'm sure the average FAN can already tell. Why don't you go to a board where you can actually support the program, instead of acting like you are a MU supporter, when you are clearly not.

GO MU..........GO AWAY NIGHTMARE!

Fox Valley Warrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 07:40:05 PM »
Ever since he called Travis a "dime a dozen" point guard I have no good opinion of his.He can't stand Marquette.Everybody plays along with him though.If he had some good things to say every once in a while to go along with all the negative things he would be more credible.He 's  a lot more easy to find after a bad game compared to a win.I don't find that a coincidence.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 08:14:27 PM »
To those former players/coaches and current and past posters...welcome to the world of messageboards!!!  ;)
SS Marquette

mviale

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 10:55:12 PM »
Thankfully ~ The program is strong enough to handle criticism from the likes of above.  As alumni, we should all be proud.  Crean has built Marquette into a BIG EAST power, despite the fact that the program was left to die in the 1980s. PRN, Forever and Murf cannot deny that.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 07:14:54 AM »
You are typically a negative poster. You are definitely anti-Crean (and you make stuff up to support your hatred also), and you pick apart the program in every aspect. Our recruiting, scheduling, coaching, and anything else you can think of. I remember you crying like a baby a few years ago when we lost Bobby Frasor.

GO MU..........GO AWAY NIGHTMARE!

Hey Hoops12 -- Considering I never saw Bobby Frasor play and, at the time, didn't even know we were recruiting him I suggest to you that if somebody is "making stuff up to support their hatred" it's the person staring back at you when you look in the mirror today.

Thanks.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 08:26:12 AM »
While skyhook may very well be a supporter, his body of work on this forum gives him a 100% negative rating.

Take a look:

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=profile;u=197;sa=showPosts

Not one single constructive thing.  Just one and two-liners about how other people are bad fans. -- All which may be true. -- But sorry, you can't just post that kind of crap without being productive somewhere, adding to the conversation in some way.

And Chicos .. I was curious about your comment, "how many people here insulted skyhook" .. that answer is zero.  Search for the term "skyhook", you get zero results of people being critical.   One if you count a tame response from one person he called negative.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 09:20:08 AM »
Odd that we haven't heard him lately. But, then again Skyhook is probably busy cleaning up his own house rather than worrying about the rest of us.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback