'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] Remaking the Marquette roster  (Read 4539 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] Remaking the Marquette roster
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 11:56:53 PM »
being 6-1.5 and 165 is going to be an issue. miller was 6-6 or 6-7.
He's 6'3" and 180, but yes that 180 is definitely a problem as of right now.  He has two years to work on that in college.  Hopefully he can put on about 20 pounds of muscle and then he'll be decent size.  I think he has the ability to be a solid point guard in the NBA...as of right now he'd get pushed around quite a bit and an 82 game season against NBA competition would definitely wear him down quickly, but if he can put on that muscle at 6'3" and 200 that's a decent size.  He's also a surprisingly good rebounder for his size.  He averaged 5 rebounds per game this season.  One thing that seems to be a problem would be that his assist to turnover ratio on the year was 1 to 1.  Watching him in the tournament it looked like he had great vision and even better decision making, so I don't know why it was like that.  I guess being the focal point of a defense can do that, but that still is not a good ratio at all.  He'll be moving to point guard next season for Davidson with Richards being gone.  I was also impressed with how he let the game come to him rather than forcing things like a lot of "sharp shooters" do who have the defense of the opposing team focusing on them and did more than just run around picks, catch, and shoot the three (examples: Neitzel, Lofton, etc.).  He has a very complete game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 12:02:47 AM »
being 6-1.5 and 165 is going to be an issue. miller was 6-6 or 6-7.
He's 6'3" and 180, but yes that 180 is definitely a problem as of right now.  He has two years to work on that in college.  Hopefully he can put on about 20 pounds of muscle and then he'll be decent size.  I think he has the ability to be a solid point guard in the NBA...as of right now he'd get pushed around quite a bit and an 82 game season against NBA competition would definitely wear him down quickly, but if he can put on that muscle at 6'3" and 200 that's a decent size.  He's also a surprisingly good rebounder for his size.  He averaged 5 rebounds per game this season.  One thing that seems to be a problem would be that his assist to turnover ratio on the year was 1 to 1.  Watching him in the tournament it looked like he had great vision and even better decision making, so I don't know why it was like that.  I guess being the focal point of a defense can do that, but that still is not a good ratio at all.  He'll be moving to point guard next season for Davidson with Richards being gone.  I was also impressed with how he let the game come to him rather than forcing things like a lot of "sharp shooters" do who have the defense of the opposing team focusing on them and did more than just run around picks, catch, and shoot the three (examples: Neitzel, Lofton, etc.).  He has a very complete game.

i dont think there is much chance curry moves to pg next year, that would definitely limit his scoring effectiveness, i think curry will be a lot like his dad was in the association....a marksman from beyond the arc and average about 12 a game

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2008, 12:44:06 AM »
i dont think there is much chance curry moves to pg next year, that would definitely limit his scoring effectiveness, i think curry will be a lot like his dad was in the association....a marksman from beyond the arc and average about 12 a game
I don't know, when Curry announced that he would be returning for his junior year he said that he would be most likely moving to point guard next season because this year's team's was a senior.  They'll find ways to get him his scoring.  DJ Augustine had no problem scoring from the point guard position.  I guess we'll see what happens.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback