collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vincent to Grafton??  (Read 5372 times)

State

• Starter
Vincent to Grafton??
« on: May 14, 2008, 10:05:07 AM »
Diener goes from Vincent to Grafton??? 

Smell fishy to anyone else or do people actually change jobs to spend time with their families??

You couldn't pick two more extremes when talking about WI high school basketball.  I don't think Grafton won a game last year.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
Re: Vincent to Grafton??
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 10:26:54 AM »
Diener goes from Vincent to Grafton??? 

Smell fishy to anyone else or do people actually change jobs to spend time with their families??

You couldn't pick two more extremes when talking about WI high school basketball.  I don't think Grafton won a game last year.

I also dont think Grafton is a national program like Vincent is. Not nearly as much pressure nor does it have the same travel commitments that Vincent has.
But I like to throw handfuls...

bma725

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 10:36:09 AM »
I also dont think Grafton is a national program like Vincent is. Not nearly as much pressure nor does it have the same travel commitments that Vincent has.

True, but Vincent wasn't like that until Diener got there.  He brings the big expectations with him because of who he is and what he's done.   They'll never be like Vincent because the talent pool just isn't there, but people will expect a fairly quick turnaround, and a trip to state in a few years just because he's a Tom Diener.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 10:40:33 AM »
It's Grafton! It's Grafton!

:D
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 06:31:21 PM »
isn't his wife a teacher at Grafton?

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 06:40:57 PM »
Yes his wife teaches there. Better there then on the MU bench. Great coach, but glad MU did not bite.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 08:00:24 PM »
isn't his wife a teacher at Grafton?

Nope.  She teaches at Cedarburg High School:  http://www.cedarburg.k12.wi.us/display/router.asp?docid=7118
Ludum habemus.

jce

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 07:16:48 PM »
True, but Vincent wasn't like that until Diener got there.  He brings the big expectations with him because of who he is and what he's done.   They'll never be like Vincent because the talent pool just isn't there, but people will expect a fairly quick turnaround, and a trip to state in a few years just because he's a Tom Diener.

I doubt it.  They go 10-10 in a couple of years and 15-5 after that, they'll be fine.

Didn't he have to live in Milwaukee as an MPS employee?  Maybe he just got tired of that with his kids about to attend school.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 11:17:51 AM »

Didn't he have to live in Milwaukee as an MPS employee?  Maybe he just got tired of that with his kids about to attend school.

From http://www.wra.org/pdf/government/GAD_reports/GtrMilwGADrpt0208.pdf
All MPS teachers’ contracts stipulate they must be residents of the City of Milwaukee.

It's a pretty big issue.  MPS schools are crap, yet they have silly requirements like this that only restricts their candidate pool when looking for good teachers and administrators.

It makes sense that he'd want to leave the City of Milwaukee in order to live somewhere for his kids to get a good education.

feedback