[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nunn Visiting  (Read 66063 times)

LloydMooresLegs

Re: Nunn Visiting
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2012, 11:12:16 PM »
Very good class and maybe one of the most important ever at MU given the circumstances. Seems like we get a conference player of the year in every recruiting year ending in 0.

90-McIlvain
00-Wade
10-Crowder

Hopefully we don't have to wait until 2020 to get another!
Hopefully

if independents had a POY:

80-Doc
70-Meminger (before my time)?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2012, 11:19:36 PM »
Of course MU brings a lot to the table, but I'm also realistic. In the NCAA, there's an adult table and a kiddie table. At the adult table, you find schools like UNC, Duke, Kentucky, UCLA, and Indiana (sorry guys). At the kiddie table, you find schools like MU.

Really? There are only 2 tables? There's nothing in-between? If you're not one of the top 10 historic programs, you are relegated to the kiddie table with New Jersey Institute of Technology?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2012, 11:29:47 PM »
Yes, there are two tables. About 10 elite programs sit at the adult table. About 15-20 programs (including MU) sit at the kiddie table. The others aren't sitting at either table."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2012, 06:08:21 AM »
Has anyone told Nunn yet that despite playing the Big East, despite playing for a great coach like Buzz, despite playing in a NBA arena, despite travelling by charter to all games, he might have to live in a dorm like other Freshmen?  Someone please conceal from him as long as possible so we still have a chance before we become SLUesque.

There is nothing more annoying on this board than people who populate threads with subjects that are actively being discussed in other threads.  If you want to keep talking about living arrangements, talk about them in that thread.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2012, 08:26:56 AM »
You're like a kindergartner complaining that "they started it!!!"

I see you are caring again to care.

Your statement about who started it and acting juvenile may be one of the most ironic things ever posted on this board in its history, especially coming from you.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2012, 08:32:37 AM »
You're moved well past the tiresome point and on to just sort of sad, taking any small negative comment and turning it into your personal wardrum to beat just to wind people up. Do you really get such joy out of trying to belabor the same couple arguments for days, weeks, and sometimes even months on end? Your backyard must look like a horse graveyard, because I think you've beaten just about every one in existence to death.

It is a small negative comment in this one instance, but a cascade of them constantly from this same group.  The constant bashing of MU, the constant doom and gloom, the constant we are going to end up in the gutter of programs.  Have some damn faith.  Excuse me for exploiting their negativity, but these guys do nothing but live for excuses on what might happen, what could happen.  Do they run around with hard hats on during the day for fear a meteorite is going to hit them?  Have some damn faith in one of the best programs in the country with one of the best coaches leading it.  The collective negativity sucks and needs to be called out.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2012, 09:18:50 AM »
Yes, there are two tables. About 10 elite programs sit at the adult table. About 15-20 programs (including MU) sit at the kiddie table. The others aren't sitting at either table."

Which programs wash the dishes?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2012, 09:32:19 AM »
It is a small negative comment in this one instance, but a cascade of them constantly from this same group.  The constant bashing of MU, the constant doom and gloom, the constant we are going to end up in the gutter of programs.  Have some damn faith.  Excuse me for exploiting their negativity, but these guys do nothing but live for excuses on what might happen, what could happen.  Do they run around with hard hats on during the day for fear a meteorite is going to hit them?  Have some damn faith in one of the best programs in the country with one of the best coaches leading it.  The collective negativity sucks and needs to be called out.

Don't feed the trolls.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2012, 10:04:40 AM »
Did we get Nunn yet?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2012, 10:13:06 AM »
Did we get Nunn yet?

Nunn-ya business.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2012, 10:18:22 AM »
Nunn-ya business.

Do you think he's a Nunn-and-done type player?

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2012, 10:30:05 AM »
We are still waiting to hear about Nunn's decision.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2012, 10:55:13 AM »
Do you think he's a Nunn-and-done type player?

It depends on how good his Nunn on Nunn game is at the next level.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2012, 11:54:33 AM »
And you're just the guy to do it, aren't you? 

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2012, 12:14:13 PM »
Would love to land this guy. Heard he is great on and off the floor. In fact, he did a great job in his high school's production of Nunnsense.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2012, 12:21:25 PM »
Would love to land this guy. Heard he is great on and off the floor. In fact, he did a great job in his high school's production of Nunnsense.

I heard he was taking some time off from AAU ball this summer to do a mini-tour with his 90's soft pop cover band Sixpence Nunn the Richer.   Any truth to this?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2012, 12:26:13 PM »
I heard he was taking some time off from AAU ball this summer to do a mini-tour with his 90's soft pop cover band Sixpence Nunn the Richer.   Any truth to this?

Nunn, of course.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »
North Carolina might have start worrying about their recruiting taking a hit because of their ongoing academic scandal(s). this mostly involves the football progrgam but some Bball players are alleged to have taken part.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2012, 12:40:02 PM »
North Carolina might have start worrying about their recruiting taking a hit because of their ongoing academic scandal(s). this mostly involves the football progrgam but some Bball players are alleged to have taken part.

This guy is really Nunn the wiser as to what's going on here.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2012, 01:05:55 PM »
The collective negativity sucks and needs to be called out.

Uhh...right. There's more comments of things being "SLUesque", "Hiroshima", or "Notre Dame" coming from posters like you who feel this overwhelming need to call others out than there are comments of negativity in the first place. By trying to make this website into a parody of the people you are targeting, you have inadvertently made your own views into the parody. Most threads here are going off-topic and becoming unreadable not because of the negativity, but because of the proactive attacks on said negativity before it even appears in the thread.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2012, 01:52:35 PM »
Uhh...right. There's more comments of things being "SLUesque", "Hiroshima", or "Notre Dame" coming from posters like you who feel this overwhelming need to call others out than there are comments of negativity in the first place. By trying to make this website into a parody of the people you are targeting, you have inadvertnunnly made your own views into the parody. Most threads here are going off-topic and becoming unreadable not because of the negativity, but because of the proactive attacks on said negativity before it even appears in the thread.

Fixed, so as to remain consistent with the new theme of the thread.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2012, 01:56:09 PM »
Fixed, so as to remain consistent with the new theme of the thread.

I was trying to have Nunn of that ;)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

RideMyBuycks

• All American
« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2012, 02:11:38 PM »
What kind of meat do priests eat on Fridays?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2012, 02:17:45 PM »
What kind of meat do priests eat on Fridays?

Do you actually know Aramaic, or just a shocking coincidence?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2012, 02:35:04 PM »
You dudes are all a bunch of Nunn nuts.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"