[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[May 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[May 06, 2024, 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[May 06, 2024, 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Poll: Who would you like to be the starting PG the rest of the year

Derrick
71 (64%)
Duane
40 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Voting closed: January 25, 2015, 09:10:34 PM

Author Topic: Starting PG  (Read 18938 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Starting PG
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 09:18:08 AM »
What happens when this poll ends with Derrick winning?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2015, 09:20:12 AM »

Don't worry.  The results won't matter if the mods will shut it down early.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2015, 09:52:57 AM »
Do overs until he gets the result he wants
Goal is National Championship

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2015, 09:55:56 AM »

Will simply validate the idiocy of 60% of this board.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2015, 10:07:59 AM »
You are too much.

I guess the last two staffs at MU were idiots too?

Your high school basketball pedigree clearly makes you an expert and better able to see these things. 

You should really get into coaching (or better yet a player/coach)...you could be winning NBA titles next season...all you'd have to do is draft Newbill and you'd be on your way to building a dynasty.

You really ought to think about it.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2015, 10:20:27 AM »
Yes I am intentionally trying to threadjack since.....this power should be used for good not evil.

Glad you posted this, Rise Against has some great music....don't always agree with their message but they have to be the smartest "mainstream" band in recognizing that they can deliver good music that is trying to say something intelligent. 

And I can't get enough metas#$t, lets keep going down the rabbit hole

Absolutely a kick a*s band.  And this is coming from an old fart who was buying LPs before many of you pups were born.  Great music is great music, anytime and any era.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2015, 10:21:49 AM »
I thought it would be closer than this, kind of surprising to me.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2015, 10:24:53 AM »

But how many people are voting for Derrick simply to spite Ners?  ;)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2015, 10:46:01 AM »
You do not see the forest in front of you.....
Goal is National Championship

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2015, 11:16:39 AM »
Absolutely a kick a*s band.  And this is coming from an old fart who was buying LPs before many of you pups were born.  Great music is great music, anytime and any era.

Let's complete this threadjack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP4clbHc4Xg

This is the music video mentioned earlier in the thread. Still gives me goosebumps when I watch. I openly admit that I cried the first time I watched it. It's an issue that has unfortunately impacted my life.

From a pure music perspective, I am partial to "Savior." Music video is a little odd but the song itself is just fantastic

Glow, muENG, Sultan? Any favorites?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2015, 11:29:18 AM »
Let's complete this threadjack.

This is the music video mentioned earlier in the thread. Still gives me goosebumps when I watch. I openly admit that I cried the first time I watched it. It's an issue that has unfortunately impacted my life.

From a pure music perspective, I am partial to "Savior." Music video is a little odd but the song itself is just fantastic

Glow, muENG, Sultan? Any favorites?

Savior is ALWAYS in a race mix for me regardless of distance.  As is I Don't Want to Be Here Anymore.  Collapse and Audience of One are very solid as well.  Digging Tragedy + Time right now.

I want to like Hero of War but I just can't get behind it from a message standpoint(at least the way I interpret it)
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2015, 12:11:39 PM »

proud to be the 60%. #8strong #the60% #DWPGClub

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2015, 12:27:01 PM »

And the 2 men who are paid (literally) millions of dollars to make these decisions, and who put those millions of dollars on the line every time they trot out a starting lineup for their team.  You'd know better, though.  Those idiots.

Same sh!t different day, as they say.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2015, 12:34:20 PM »

Two highly trained coaching staffs thought Derrick should start.   Idiots.   One of those coaching staffs has more high-major PG experience than any other coaching staff I have ever heard tell of.   Morons who fell for such things as hard work and leadership over flashy crossovers.      The small sub-set of hardcore MU fans who frequent this board should start.   Idiots.   Or clowns.   Or adversaries.   I feels sorry for those close to you.  

« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 12:36:55 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2015, 12:44:14 PM »
And yes, the drummer is wearing red leather pants, and an A's jersey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5cd8nT-tDM

So dope.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2015, 02:49:24 PM »

whoops.

#Iamthe70%

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2015, 02:54:04 PM »

You forgot one. #isupportmediocrity

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2015, 03:20:21 PM »
But how many people are voting for Derrick simply to spite Ners?  ;)

*raises hand*
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2015, 03:43:34 PM »
And the 2 men who are paid (literally) millions of dollars to make these decisions, and who put those millions of dollars on the line every time they trot out a starting lineup for their team.  You'd know better, though.  Those idiots.

Same sh!t different day, as they say.

Can you and your other buddies please get a different argument.  Do head coaches ever get it wrong on player evaluations?  How many cases do you see where a veteran goes down via injury, and the younger player steps in and becomes a star and a better option?  Brett Farve?  Tom Brady?  Countless other examples.

At the end of the day last year's team GREATLY underperformed expectations, and every single change was attempted other than one.  And we missed the NIT with 3 NBA D-league caliber players.  LOL

This year we have the same faction pleading how Wojo has such a tough situation inherited, no talent, yet has a roster of 7, Top 100 guys - and people want to suggest we shouldn't be any good.  Ridiculous.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2015, 03:50:57 PM »
Can you and your other buddies please get a different argument.  

BWHHAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2015, 03:51:39 PM »
Can you and your other buddies please get a different argument.  Do head coaches ever get it wrong on player evaluations?  How many cases do you see where a veteran goes down via injury, and the younger player steps in and becomes a star and a better option?  Brett Farve?  Tom Brady?  Countless other examples.

At the end of the day last year's team GREATLY underperformed expectations, and every single change was attempted other than one.  And we missed the NIT with 3 NBA D-league caliber players.  LOL

This year we have the same faction pleading how Wojo has such a tough situation inherited, no talent, yet has a roster of 7, Top 100 guys - and people want to suggest we shouldn't be any good.  Ridiculous.

why do you constantly post about Derrick?

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2015, 03:53:40 PM »
why do you constantly post about Derrick?

For the same reasons you do, except from a different perspective. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2015, 03:59:39 PM »
At the end of the day last year's team GREATLY underperformed expectations, and every single change was attempted other than one.

Are you *still* thinking that the point guard that recently transferred to Liberty-f*ckin'-University was the answer last year?  Unreal.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2015, 04:01:08 PM »

In addition to Buzz and staff feeling that Derrick is the best option at point, we now have Wojo and his staff full of PGs evaluating the talent and coming up with the same conclusion.  It's not just two head coaches.  At the end of the day, yes...the head coach makes the final decisions.  But figuring out who to play, especially as a first year head coach?  You don't think Wojo gets input from the rest of his staff on who should be playing?  I'd venture a guess that most, if not all of the current staff, feel like DeWil is the best option we've got.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2015, 04:03:43 PM »
Are you *still* thinking that the point guard that recently transferred to Liberty-f*ckin'-University was the answer last year?  Unreal.

The team's record speaks for itself.  As do the players stats.  Agree to disagree.  We missed the NIT last year.  It wasn't going to get worse..for the 1,000th time.  LOL. 

feedback