'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 5/28 finally official - Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU  (Read 108007 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Unofficial - Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU
« Reply #275 on: May 28, 2019, 04:03:32 PM »
If academics really matter ... Amaker at Harvard would fall over himself to get Sam and/or Joey.  Why waste your time with a public school?  Go to Harvard.

I would take UVA for free over Harvard any day of the week.  Also, Harvard is not the defending national champion.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #276 on: May 28, 2019, 04:03:49 PM »
on the East Coast, there are strong alumni networks, especially on Wall Street.  The strongest are those who went to the prestigious prep schools then to an Ivy. Athletes from schools with these networks also vault ahead of other alumni. That said, I don't think Sam is choosing UVA for their vast alumni network, he's choosing UVA because he believes Tony Bennett will get him a professional contract and championship rings.

Sure if he wants to work on Wall Street those connections may help. But that really doesn’t have much to do with the quality of the education received.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #277 on: May 28, 2019, 04:06:21 PM »
I have no idea where anyone who works for me went to college unless they bring it up. And I’ve hired all of them.

Completely overrated nonsense.

To you, maybe. And that is actually great. However, you’re not necessarily typical.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #278 on: May 28, 2019, 04:07:04 PM »
Reported on ESPN.

Well, bummed they aren't coming to play at MU as Badgers.  I wish them both well.  Still odd to me.  Somelike like Sam will play for one year for a team.  Sure, some at Uva will remember one year players like we do here from time to time, but never quite the legacy that multi year players are remembered. 

Movin' on.  Good luck Sam and Joey.  Glad Brad isn't there to punch Joey daily in practice. 

As far as schools go, networking means a lot.  Whether some of these schools that are rated highly because of graduate research $$$, and TA's teaching undergrads are better than a school dedicated mostly to undergraduates....who knows.  Thankfully at my age it doesn't matter a damn.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 04:08:36 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #279 on: May 28, 2019, 04:29:45 PM »
I will lambast someone for leaving, if he doesnt leave then no need to lambaste.  Simple logic guru

Except you lambasted Luke Fischer constantly, while he was a current player. So that goes against your "simple logic".
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #280 on: May 28, 2019, 04:30:43 PM »
Agree but then what would the morons like guru and keefe have to say??
What would they say? Haha this is gold coming from you lmao
No Finish Line

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #281 on: May 28, 2019, 04:31:47 PM »
Except you lambasted Luke Fischer constantly, while he was a current player. So that goes against your "simple logic".

Didn't he also frequently lambast Sacar Anim? Guy's a serial lambaster.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 04:43:17 PM by Lennys Tap »

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #282 on: May 28, 2019, 04:35:44 PM »
Relatively annoying that both of them use cookie cutter responses rather than actually writing something for themselves. I am picturing Sam writing something out and joey just looking over his shoulder to write the same thing
Annoying? The fact they both stiffed UW is the best thing that’s happened this offseason!!
No Finish Line

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #283 on: May 28, 2019, 04:38:35 PM »
Relatively annoying that both of them use cookie cutter responses rather than actually writing something for themselves. I am picturing Sam writing something out and joey just looking over his shoulder to write the same thing

Or maybe their parents wrote it...
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: 5/28 finally official - Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU
« Reply #284 on: May 28, 2019, 04:46:12 PM »
Serious question here.  Were there ever any rumblings of the parents being an issue?  I knew we heard second hand the boys didn’t want to play with Tyler Herro but did we legit hear anything about mom and dad sticking their noses into team business?

I ask because mom is being blamed for them not going to Wisconsin-Madison.  It seems laughable to me but who knows.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #285 on: May 28, 2019, 04:50:05 PM »
Clearly there was an issue with touches, but I also wonder whether Sam was not able to reconcile his roles as captain and Joey’s brother.  In the end, he burned too many bridges to come back to MU. Apparently fans also burned bridges on his Twitter feed. Now he is probably getting all that and worse from badger fans.

In the end it may have been school preferences that split the boys, but it could also be that Sam couldn’t see himself being a leader AND looking out for his brother. A total shame, but glad it’s over.  On to recruiting and preparing for next season!
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #286 on: May 28, 2019, 05:02:21 PM »
Serious question here.  Were there ever any rumblings of the parents being an issue?  I knew we heard second hand the boys didn’t want to play with Tyler Herro but did we legit hear anything about mom and dad sticking their noses into team business?

I ask because mom is being blamed for them not going to Wisconsin-Madison.  It seems laughable to me but who knows.
No
No Finish Line

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #287 on: May 28, 2019, 05:13:33 PM »
Why is no one talking about what really happened with Sam?
He was all set to return to Marquette until a Bucky booster stepped in and paid him not to come back. It’s obvious.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #288 on: May 28, 2019, 05:16:53 PM »

It sort of is mom’s fault they didn’t go to Madison. She taught her kids to be decent human beings.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #289 on: May 28, 2019, 05:22:50 PM »
I think mom is getting too much blame here. I think the question was how much they wanted to be together, which meant UW, or how much they wanted to be at their respective dream schools.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #290 on: May 28, 2019, 06:07:53 PM »
Didn't he also frequently lambast Sacar Anim? Guy's a serial lambaster.

Went after Morrow not long ago, too. Consider the source.

Why is no one talking about what really happened with Sam?
He was all set to return to Marquette until a Bucky booster stepped in and paid him not to come back. It’s obvious.

Made me chuckle.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #291 on: May 28, 2019, 06:14:15 PM »

Made me chuckle.

Went after Morrow?
82 u are so full of crap.  The number of words in ur logerrhea filled posts dont make them any more valid. 
Ur a blowhard and wrong more often then right. 
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #292 on: May 28, 2019, 06:29:14 PM »
I would take UVA for free over Harvard any day of the week.  Also, Harvard is not the defending national champion.

You just invalidated yourself from commenting on academics.

And unless UVa wins again next year, Sam will not play for the defending Champs.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #293 on: May 28, 2019, 06:32:13 PM »
Went after Morrow?
82 u are so full of crap.  The number of words in ur logerrhea filled posts dont make them any more valid. 
Ur a blowhard and wrong more often then right.

It's not the obsessive tirades against Luke but still could be considered going after him 

Team is short on talent
Why we force the ball to morrow and theo who absolutely suck and dont post Sam is beyond me
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #294 on: May 28, 2019, 06:34:27 PM »
It's not the obsessive tirades against Luke but still could be considered going after him

Thanks, Galway. I forgot about his attack on Theo, too.

Obviously, MSK is a liar as well as a boor.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #295 on: May 28, 2019, 06:57:17 PM »

Made me chuckle.
my source finally told me about the silent verbal. While Sam was visiting Madison late at night, he was heard screaming "I'm COMING!" through the walls of his girlfriends apartment. Apparently it's not what the Badgerfans thought.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #296 on: May 28, 2019, 07:04:28 PM »
You just invalidated yourself from commenting on academics.

And unless UVa wins again next year, Sam will not play for the defending Champs.

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion. I would absolutely take UVA for free over Harvard for $70k per year. That’s an easy decision. If both were free, I’d take Harvard. Another easy decision.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #297 on: May 28, 2019, 07:09:21 PM »
In the JS article from Potrykus today, he doubles down on the two sources (Trevor Anderson and his dad?) who said the Hausers were coming to UW and practically paints Sam and Joey as heels for not doing so.  What a dope.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #298 on: May 28, 2019, 07:14:17 PM »
In the JS article from Potrykus today, he doubles down on the two sources (Trevor Anderson and his dad?) who said the Hausers were coming to UW and practically paints Sam and Joey as heels for not doing so.  What a dope.

Let’s see what Jeff says on the message boards
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #299 on: May 28, 2019, 07:16:06 PM »
Savor the Potrykus tears.

Do the official decisions of the Hausers hurt Marquette or Wisconsin more?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.