[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 5/28 finally official - Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU  (Read 108015 times)

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
Re: Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2019, 09:34:32 AM »
Not taking sides one way or the other in the argument, but.....

I simply will point out that someone as slow and unathletic (relatively speaking) as Sam could never have as high of a usage rate as Markus.

Yes, you are absolutely right and thank you. This concept that anyone could just suddenly get 33%[of the shots is crazy. Even in Markus worst shooting night if the year vs Seton Hall, watching him get to the line for 24 free throws was something else. Just running down the court and finding bodies to foul him, and so frustrating opponents into technicals while doing so. Yes, he should have passed off on the last shot, but they never made that run if Sam we're trying to find a way to get to the line that many times in the closing minutes.

Keep in mind this isn't a knock on Sam - I rank him almost as valuable as Markus for the year (Markus dropped from 6th to outside the top 20 from the time he went down on his wrist end of February.

The only way Sam could have created as many shots as Markus would have been to have a quarter if his shots rejected.

The shame for me is they were the perfect complement to each other - like Dominic James driving and creating the one year he had Novak to kick it out too.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2019, 10:24:38 AM »
Some observations:

1. Does any other university get as many "silent verbals" as Wisconsin?  Which then inevitably fall through?  Such bad luck...

2. Greg Gard = Wisconsin's Hank Raymonds continues to ring true

3. The delusion of rodent fans is absurd.  The Hausers' committed to Wisconsin, but 1) Stephanie Hauser is a bitch who made the decision that they had to go elsewhere, 2) Their credits wouldn't transfer because Marquette is such a bad school, and 3) Big MU donors paid the Hauser family to go anywhere but Madison.  Did I miss any?  They only one I didn't see them trot out was that the Hausers were worried about some 324th ranked prospect taking their playing time, so I guess that's progress.

4. Wee willie really, really, REALLY needs to get laid.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #152 on: May 27, 2019, 10:57:21 AM »

Yes, you missed:

4)  Marquette fans are such lunatics that the Hausers could not pick Wisconsin for fear of the vile attacks they would get from Marquette fans...

Nice list otherwise :)

and yet, they don't see Marquette as a rival...

Some observations:

1. Does any other university get as many "silent verbals" as Wisconsin?  Which then inevitably fall through?  Such bad luck...

3. The delusion of rodent fans is absurd.  The Hausers' committed to Wisconsin, but 1) Stephanie Hauser is a bitch who made the decision that they had to go elsewhere, 2) Their credits wouldn't transfer because Marquette is such a bad school, and 3) Big MU donors paid the Hauser family to go anywhere but Madison.  Did I miss any?  They only one I didn't see them trot out was that the Hausers were worried about some 324th ranked prospect taking their playing time, so I guess that's progress.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2019, 11:58:47 AM »
Some observations:

Also missed their history of so many players they don’t get just happen to have terrible parents....so a strange coincidence.  Wes Matthews mom was annihilated over there, despite being an alum, as was Vander’s relatives, Gaines, etc.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Marquetteauburn

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #154 on: May 27, 2019, 12:14:49 PM »
As embarrassing as it was to realized I'd checked out this weekend and hear this news from some friends with Wisconsin Badgers magnets on their car at Daily Mass this morning here in AUBURN ALABAMA, I took some satisfaction when the response to my joking "get that Badgers stuff out of a church parking lot," to hear the response, "I can't believe we didn't get the Hauser brothers. One thing I do notice a lot though is those of us who went to Marquette from far away often actually root for the Badgers against other teams and in football just because we really love the state from our time there. Note to self, if the main reason your wife marries you is because she is trying to escape the Wisconsin cold then you are probably never going to convince her - even after more than 30 years of marriage, that it would be fun to live there.

I will take your 50s and 60s this week over our 90s and humidity anytime if anyone wants to trade homes!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #155 on: May 27, 2019, 12:58:56 PM »
As embarrassing as it was to realized I'd checked out this weekend and hear this news from some friends with Wisconsin Badgers magnets on their car at Daily Mass this morning here in AUBURN ALABAMA, I took some satisfaction when the response to my joking "get that Badgers stuff out of a church parking lot," to hear the response, "I can't believe we didn't get the Hauser brothers. One thing I do notice a lot though is those of us who went to Marquette from far away often actually root for the Badgers against other teams and in football just because we really love the state from our time there. Note to self, if the main reason your wife marries you is because she is trying to escape the Wisconsin cold then you are probably never going to convince her - even after more than 30 years of marriage, that it would be fun to live there.

I will take your 50s and 60s this week over our 90s and humidity anytime if anyone wants to trade homes!

That was quite the literary journey.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2019, 01:48:41 PM »
Information since their announcement has been spotty, at best.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2019, 01:58:06 PM »
Some observations:

The delusion level of the highlighted theory is off the charts.

If we had donors who were willing to give the Hausers enough $$$$$ to go anywhere but Madison, they would have had enough to convince them to stay at Marquette. Hell, we would never have an outbound transfer, except for guys we wanted to offload.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2019, 02:11:43 PM »
My source was a D1 coach in a P6 conference outside of the Midwest, who said it was Virginia. I figured that was the general consensus within CBB of where they were going.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #159 on: May 27, 2019, 02:22:10 PM »

“One thing I do notice a lot though is those of us who went to Marquette from far away often actually root for the Badgers against other teams and in football”

Umm no!, indont even follow collge football and still wish 0-12 upon Wisconsin in football and 0-fer in every other sport. 
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #160 on: May 27, 2019, 02:59:11 PM »
“One thing I do notice a lot though is those of us who went to Marquette from far away often actually root for the Badgers against other teams and in football”

Umm no!, indont even follow collge football and still wish 0-12 upon Wisconsin in football and 0-fer in every other sport.
Samesies.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #161 on: May 27, 2019, 04:18:59 PM »
The title to a journal sentinel article:

"Sources: Hauser brothers no longer plan to transfer to Wisconsin"

When did they ever plan to?

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #162 on: May 27, 2019, 04:56:48 PM »
Well good luck to the Hausers.  Be interesting to see the conclusion of Sam's college career and how Joey's college career  plays out.  I believe the motivation was that they felt these moves were the best path to the NBA.  Let's see if their plan works!  In any case, GO MU!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 05:02:19 PM by NCMUFan »

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #163 on: May 27, 2019, 05:27:57 PM »
I do not think it was ever about the number of touches.
I am assuming two things come into play here.
1. Hating to lose.
2. Blood is thicker than water.

1. The Hausers and Howard hate to lose, which is a good thing. The problem arose because each side wanted to blame the other side for losing.
2. Sam was going to take Joey's side in any situation and once Markus criticized Joey there was no going back.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #164 on: May 27, 2019, 06:00:08 PM »
"2. Sam was going to take Joey's side in any situation and once Markus criticized Joey there was no going back."

my understanding of markus "criticism" of his baby brother was more of a team thing and motivation.  stuff that happens on teams all the time, especially from captains to freshman.  IF, this couldn't be talked through and joey thought his game was all good, then it's time to go home.  i think wojo was afraid to "man(coach) up" and tell joey to stfu, sit down and learn, i'm the captain of this ship, not your mommy and/or daddy
don't...don't don't don't don't

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2019, 06:04:52 PM »
Sam doesn't want the ball.  He just wants the ball to move.  Watch SPASH, it's beautiful.

Huge miss for MU.

So he blew up his situation moving away from his parents, his girlfriend, his brother to take a 20 month game sabbatical all so he could play 30 games with a team that will remind of his high school halcyon days?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #166 on: May 27, 2019, 06:07:05 PM »
So he blew up his situation moving away from his parents, his girlfriend, his brother to take a 20 month game sabbatical all so he could play 30 games with a team that will remind of his high school halcyon days?

No he did all that because the MU boosters that paid him not to go to UW. Come on keep up guy
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2019, 07:09:57 PM »

Well done all the way around, Smitty.

Bo is a poor man's version of Al  on numerous accounts. Same with Gard vs Hank.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2019, 07:25:58 PM »
Greg Gard = Wisconsin's Hank Raymonds continues to ring true
Well done all the way around, Smitty.

Bo is a poor man's version of Al  on numerous accounts. Same with Gard vs Hank.

I agree with this analysis.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2019, 07:37:29 PM »
No he did all that because the MU boosters that paid him not to go to UW. Come on keep up guy
This is funny, because it would make the Hausers ineligible. UW fans should turn the Hausers in, if they really believe this nonsense

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2019, 08:12:38 PM »

People move away from their parents, girlfriends and brothers all the time - it's called college. Sam is a little late to the game, but the benefits (in his mind) might include a better program, a more prestigious university and a better coach who plays a style he prefers. Don't get me wrong, Lanche, I wish Sam thought ballin' for MU and Wojo  was his dream come true. But it's not, and it's not like he left us for Florida Gulf State or Rutgers.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2019, 08:19:32 PM »
People move away from their parents, girlfriends and brothers all the time - it's called college. Sam is a little late to the game, but the benefits (in his mind) might include a better program, a more prestigious university and a better coach who plays a style he prefers. Don't get me wrong, Lanche, I wish Sam thought ballin' for MU and Wojo  was his dream come true. But it's not, and it's not like he left us for Florida Gulf State or Rutgers.
Most likely they will get a better recruit at the 4 for '20
Goal is National Championship

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2019, 08:30:18 PM »
Most likely they will get a better recruit at the 4 for '20

Well, if Sam rides the pines and has a miserable experience at UVA you (or any of us) saying "I told you so" will be the least of his problems. Anyway, it's his decision.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2019, 08:32:04 PM »
I would take Marquette any day over Virginia.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2019, 08:33:07 PM »
Well, if Sam rides the pines and has a miserable experience at UVA you (or any of us) saying "I told you so" will be the least of his problems. Anyway, it's his decision.
I really do not want that for him. But most likely it will happen, just the nature of the beast. Never stop recruiting, hey?
Goal is National Championship