[Today at 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[Today at 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 5/28 finally official - Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU  (Read 108046 times)

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
Re: Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2019, 04:11:33 PM »
Ummm, he is now playing for a National Championship coach and the reigning National Championship team. Maybe he just likes his chances at glory better there?

Right. Give up a year of playing. Move far away from family and friends. Terminate a great legacy at Marquette.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2019, 04:12:49 PM »
That's not what you wrote.

You wrote (sarcastically) that Sam would have left if he was getting as much usage as Markus.

I wrote that if he was, we could leave 2 people in the backcourt to only play defense because 75% 0f our usage would be accounted for. You wrote that Purdue must play that way also, which implies they had 2 players who accounted for 75% usage. I think that is incorrect but if you have numbers that back it up I'm willing to listen.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2019, 04:17:58 PM »
Let's be careful to assume because a couple of writers say they are going to MSU and VA, means it's true. Let's wait until there is OFFICIAL announcement from the boys themselves, or from the schools they transfer to, to assume that MSU and VA are done. Lots here thought the same thing about them going to UW as well...how did that end up??

Guru is correct. The reality is, not one person here has had good information on this whole situation. Everyone has a father's, brother's, nephew's, cousin's, former roommate who swears that they have good information. Hell, there was a poster who PMed me and I believe several other people and said the Hausers had committed to Wisconsin over a month ago. A lot of people are falling into the trap of the telephone game and believing everything a trusted "source" tells them. The only sources that matter are Joey and Sam themselves and I'm pretty sure very few (if any of us) have any direct connects to them. And even those that do, I don't think they are going to be sharing that info in a public forum like this.

And maybe I'm overreacting because of who is involved, but personally I think Portykus trying to preempt the Hauser's announcement by saying they were going to MSU and UVA seems like a very dickish thing to do. I guess as a journalist your job is to report what you hear....but it strikes me as him trying to get back at the Hausers for not picking UW.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 04:20:11 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2019, 04:22:06 PM »
Chico is lying....period.

Nope, which is why I am not alone in saying what I did.  You know what, I am probably those guys, too...ehh....with 100% certainty...eh?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2019, 04:24:10 PM »
IMHO the places they ended up (UVA and MSU) are evidence. Evidence of the fact this is about playing for coaches whose team's a) have won a lot more frequently than Wojo and b) have done it a team > individual concept. How anyone could believe they're going to Izzo or Bennett to get more "touches" blows me away. You go to those guys only if you're committed fully to the team over individual concept.
Exactly.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2019, 04:26:10 PM »
I still don't care that they transferred or where they ended up. They aren't (and probably never were) Warriors.
Neither is Wojo. Who is getting paid a ton.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2019, 04:26:48 PM »
Wojo said at his presser that he had talked to Tony Bennett on the phone.  I would love to have heard that conversation.

And any conversations between Bennett and Joey.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2019, 04:30:16 PM »
You wrote (sarcastically) that Sam would have left if he was getting as much usage as Markus.

I wrote that if he was, we could leave 2 people in the backcourt to only play defense because 75% 0f our usage would be accounted for. You wrote that Purdue must play that way also, which implies they had 2 players who accounted for 75% usage. I think that is incorrect but if you have numbers that back it up I'm willing to listen.

Well, perhaps we're just talking past one another. I wasn't suggesting that Sam AND Markus would have the same usage TOGETHER, but rather if roles were reversed (and Sam had Markus' usage), he wouldn't be transferring.
It appears you believe otherwise, because he's all about the team and winning.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2019, 04:36:45 PM »
Makes sense.  If scoop does that and we get Wojo fired, we should be able to hire the next coach then, too.  I hate kool-aid
But you love the Wojo kool aid. And since you are so all knowing about solutions, what would you have done. And please spare us the wojo platitudes
Nothing  will excuse the disaster of the past 3 months. Bit take a deep dive into the Wojo express.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2019, 04:37:16 PM »
Well, perhaps we're just talking past one another. I wasn't suggesting that Sam AND Markus would have the same usage TOGETHER, but rather if roles were reversed (and Sam had Markus' usage), he wouldn't be transferring.
It appears you believe otherwise, because he's all about the team and winning.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. However, I honestly don't think Sam would be comfortable with a 37%+ usage under any circumstances - doesn't seem like that type of a player, at least from what I've seen. Seems to prefer a system over freelance.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2019, 05:04:29 PM »
Morning dew?

Europe 72 England version? Doesn’t get much better
Bring back FFP!!!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2019, 05:14:19 PM »
Sorry for the misunderstanding. However, I honestly don't think Sam would be comfortable with a 37%+ usage under any circumstances - doesn't seem like that type of a player, at least from what I've seen. Seems to prefer a system over freelance.

The guy who wrote a petition and went behind his “best friend’s” back seems like way too good of a guy to want extra touches. He’s all about everyone else being happy, that’s why, after a string of 20 wins in 22 games, he wanted to make sure everyone except for Markus was happy and if they weren’t he asked they please sign the dotted line.

;D
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2019, 05:16:14 PM »
But you love the Wojo kool aid. And since you are so all knowing about solutions, what would you have done. And please spare us the wojo platitudes
Nothing  will excuse the disaster of the past 3 months. Bit take a deep dive into the Wojo express.

I’d have cut Howard and let Mr. Hauser coach the team after firing Wojo
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2019, 05:18:28 PM »
The quotes in the MSU article are hilarious. Gard did great recruiting the Hausers, the Hausers just weren’t allowed to make their own decisions, according to an insider.

Is there any doubt Gard brought Anderson onto the roster, Anderson started getting in the Hausers ear about how great the Wisconsin system is, how great Gard is, how hard it must be to play for Wojo when he lets Markus run wild, and now Gard has Mr. Anderson, the Hausers’ high school coach, being his personal spokesperson on the Hauser recruitment? After the announcement of their transfer he goes on record speaking for the Hausers. Now there’s an anonymous source dropping all this knowledge about a silent verbal and now how that decision was taken out of their hands. Hard to figure out who this anonymous source is...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2019, 05:20:03 PM »
Guru is correct. The reality is, not one person here has had good information on this whole situation. Everyone has a father's, brother's, nephew's, cousin's, former roommate who swears that they have good information. Hell, there was a poster who PMed me and I believe several other people and said the Hausers had committed to Wisconsin over a month ago. A lot of people are falling into the trap of the telephone game and believing everything a trusted "source" tells them. The only sources that matter are Joey and Sam themselves and I'm pretty sure very few (if any of us) have any direct connects to them. And even those that do, I don't think they are going to be sharing that info in a public forum like this.

And maybe I'm overreacting because of who is involved, but personally I think Portykus trying to preempt the Hauser's announcement by saying they were going to MSU and UVA seems like a very dickish thing to do. I guess as a journalist your job is to report what you hear....but it strikes me as him trying to get back at the Hausers for not picking UW.
Exactly. There were upwards of 10 scoopers who claimed to have inside info/knew the Hausers/knew someone inside Mubb....
Then to claim “my insider had bad intel”...
Frickin hilarious. No one knew a god damn thing.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2019, 05:22:04 PM »
82 u suffer from logerrhea and anyone that has spent more than 5 minutes on this board knows it.  Ur incoherrent rambling and consistent misrepresentations are par for your course. No need to apologize we expect it, ur are a true journalist in a profession that is at its lowest ebb. Carry on, we know that u will, our expectations will remain very low.

Are you trying to win the award for most ironic post of all time?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2019, 05:24:23 PM »

I’ll say this:  Potrykus is a clown and it’s a joke that a complete Badger homer like him is allowed to be the beat writer for a reputable paper like the Journal Sentinel.  He even posts on Buckyville, and I think he’s thrown shade at Marquette on there in the past, and also possibly on Twitter as well.

I feel the same way about Tom Haudricourt.  Guy wouldn’t say a bad word about the Brewers to save his soul.  But hey, that’s the Wisconsin sports media for you.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2019, 05:24:51 PM »
How about demanding that Wojo be held accountable for his classic f ups, instead of criticizing kids around him and offering up their lame excuses for Wojo failures. How about taking the blinders off. How about quit chugging the Kool aid, and demanding performance instead of wasted years. Something even you should try. But it always more convenient to accept the same old same old. All the evidence is there for people, just do not want to admit that the guy is still over his head after 15 years at Duke, and 5 here.

So what have you done to hold Wojo accountable besides bitch on a message board? You’re not an alum. You don’t go to games. You don’t donate money.

Seems like a pretty empty gesture.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2019, 05:34:43 PM »
I’ll say this:  Potrykus is a clown and it’s a joke that a complete Badger homer like him is allowed to be the beat writer for a reputable paper like the Journal Sentinel.  He even posts on Buckyville, and I think he’s thrown shade at Marquette on there in the past, and also possibly on Twitter as well.

I feel the same way about Tom Haudricourt.  Guy wouldn’t say a bad word about the Brewers to save his soul.  But hey, that’s the Wisconsin sports media for you.
Nailed it.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2019, 05:40:28 PM »
So what have you done to hold Wojo accountable besides bitch on a message board? You’re not an alum. You don’t go to games. You don’t donate money.

Seems like a pretty empty gesture.

You may be fluffy and blue, but let me assure you that you are not a monster!

or +1
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2019, 05:59:41 PM »

But hey - Gard at least gets to keep Trevor Anderson... :P

The quotes in the MSU article are hilarious. Gard did great recruiting the Hausers, the Hausers just weren’t allowed to make their own decisions, according to an insider.

Is there any doubt Gard brought Anderson onto the roster, Anderson started getting in the Hausers ear about how great the Wisconsin system is, how great Gard is, how hard it must be to play for Wojo when he lets Markus run wild, and now Gard has Mr. Anderson, the Hausers’ high school coach, being his personal spokesperson on the Hauser recruitment? After the announcement of their transfer he goes on record speaking for the Hausers. Now there’s an anonymous source dropping all this knowledge about a silent verbal and now how that decision was taken out of their hands. Hard to figure out who this anonymous source is...

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2019, 06:17:43 PM »
Exactly. There were upwards of 10 scoopers who claimed to have inside info/knew the Hausers/knew someone inside Mubb....
Then to claim “my insider had bad intel”...
Frickin hilarious. No one knew a god damn thing.
I said UW early on...essentially heard it from the parents...at that time MSU and UVA were not possibilities.  I would guess that is why they ended up at two different schools.  If they were my kids...I'd be thinking Joey made a great choice.  I'd be looking at Sam and saying it's a bit of a risk...but likely his best shot at the NBA.  I love that they didn't go to UW. 

I hope like hell MU can play lockdown deffense this year and Markus can be consistent with his game. 

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2019, 06:20:15 PM »

Willie
It's time for you to take a break.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2019, 06:32:22 PM »
I said UW early on...essentially heard it from the parents...at that time MSU and UVA were not possibilities.  I would guess that is why they ended up at two different schools.  If they were my kids...I'd be thinking Joey made a great choice.  I'd be looking at Sam and saying it's a bit of a risk...but likely his best shot at the NBA.  I love that they didn't go to UW. 

I hope like hell MU can play lockdown deffense this year and Markus can be consistent with his game.
You heard it from the Hausers they were going to UW. You proclaimed it several times. That is some serious fricking inside info....yet you were wrong.
I thank baby Jesus you (and others) were wrong. I guess I don’t understand why many claim to have connections and inside info.....and yet, you didn’t have anything.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2019, 06:47:37 PM »
MSU was working through scholarship issues and UVA had guys exploring the draft process. No wonder people thought UW. The only thing that was never accurate was that they gave an early silent verbal.

These are college kids who change their mind all the time. Recruiting info has a shelf life, and what someone is told can change in an instant. No need to go after people who post what they hear.