Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wisconsin's watered down Big Ten is about to get an upgrade  (Read 2007 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Wisconsin's watered down Big Ten is about to get an upgrade
« on: March 22, 2007, 03:15:42 PM »
First, I believe Ryan is a very good coach.  However, I also believe Wisconsin has been able to wiggle themselves into a time period in the Big Ten where complete suckiness has pervaded the conference for the last 5 years by and large.  I say this as a Big Ten graduate.

But with Sampson now at IU.  With Matta in full gear at OSU.  With Alford leaving Iowa.  With Tubby Smith now at Minnesota.  Painter turning Purdue around.

Let's just say the cakewalk that has been the Big Ten the last 5 years is no more.  This will be fun to watch.

Of course it also has a bearing on Marquette.  MU has done well recruiting in Minnesota the last few years and Tubby will shut that down would be my guess.  I know he's not regarded as a great recruiter, but the first few years players will flock to him in state. Just the way it's going to be.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: Wisconsin's watered down Big Ten is about to get an upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 03:43:58 PM »
With Alford leaving Iowa. 

Definitely addition by subtraction, and a move Iowa should have made a couple years ago. You left out Michigan firing Amaker. Also long overdue.

herboturbo

• Team Captain
Re: Wisconsin's watered down Big Ten is about to get an upgrade
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 04:38:47 PM »
Depending on who Iowa and Michigan bring in the Big 10 can become a very good coaching conference very fast.  Minny, Iowa, and Michigan were arguably the three weakest links coaching wise in the conference.  They already severely upgraded at Minnesota, and anyone would be an upgrade over Aamaker (sp?)
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.

feedback