Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU women score 19 points in the first half  (Read 3752 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
MU women score 19 points in the first half
« on: March 19, 2007, 06:58:21 PM »
 :'(

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: MU women score 19 points in the first half
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 07:00:32 PM »
awful last 5 mins of the 1H for the Lady Warriors.   Blew a chance with the big sista' on the bench

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 07:29:15 PM »
Marquette Women are pulling.....A Marquette Men.    :(
SS Marquette

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 07:30:20 PM »
You know, I'm not disappointed at all. Sure, it's a beatdown on national television and all, but these things happen from time to time.

Now, if Terri Mitchell earned a larger salary, then I'd be outraged.
 ;)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 07:36:56 PM »
 ;D

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 07:43:28 PM »
Mitchell's had 11 yrs to get MU past this point, 11 years!  how much more of this can we take  ;D

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
It's time to ask
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 08:05:42 PM »
if we are getting our money's worth.

Desert_Eagle

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 08:39:14 PM »
Congrats to the women on a great season.

Btw - since when did we change our mascot to the Golden Bears?! This according to the ESPN recap:

"By the time Oklahoma led by 25 midway through the second half, the Golden Bears were just 7 of 40 shooting from the field."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=274000010
"Marquette is bigger than any one person. Marquette is Marquette."

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
Re: It's time to ask
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 09:18:59 PM »
if we are getting our money's worth.

But who is going to ask that question?

MUCrisco

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 09:22:24 PM »
Oklahoma was a tough matchup.  They are definitely the toughest 3 seed.  I know we played UConn tough and they are a 1 seed, but we played them on our home court.  The women still have the same problem as the men.  We need more shooters. 

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 09:29:17 PM »
Oklahoma was a tough matchup.  They are definitely the toughest 3 seed.  I know we played UConn tough and they are a 1 seed, but we played them on our home court.  The women still have the same problem as the men.  We need more shooters. 

Regardless of how good Oklahoma is that performance was embarassing and not the way you want to finish the year.  I like Terri a lot as a person and want her to do well but whose fault is it we don't have more shooters?  She's the one doing the recruiting.  This was their year to do something in the NCAA's - they lose a lot to graduation...

UCONN wasn't playing very well in a stretch of games that included the one at Marquette.  Heck they were tied up at Cincy with about 5 min to go right before they came to Milwaukee and that was a team MU handled easily at Cincy.  UCONN started playing much better after that game - I don't think it's that close if that game is played even one week later.  Even saying that, if they had any kind of offense that night they would have easily pulled the upset.  If they want to get over the hump, they need to beat the Rutgers and UCONN's and make it past the 2nd round of the NCAA's.

MUCrisco

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 10:09:53 PM »
Well, it's Terri's fault, just like it's Coach Crean's fault.  I thought Monfre would have had more of a successful season, but she has two years left.  There was also that recruit that never showed up.  I forget her name, but what happened to her?  Lauren Thomas or something like that. 

Have you watched those youtube videos that I posted on scout yet?  I haven't had the time to check it out, but I am excited about Angel Robinson.  We are also getting that shooter from Illinois, Courtney Wiebel, so that should help. 

I'm not as concerned that we are losing so many seniors.  Terri is a defensive coach, and a darn good one.  When your teams play defendse, you will always be competitive.  I think our recruiting has taken a step up, also, since we've gotten into the Big East.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 10:23:05 PM »
Looking at the score and matchup, I guess this is as close as we're going to get to imaging what the dream "rematch of 77" (that never happened) in the men's tourney between MU and UNC would have been like.  ;)
SS Marquette

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 10:30:18 PM »
Well, it's Terri's fault, just like it's Coach Crean's fault.  I thought Monfre would have had more of a successful season, but she has two years left.  There was also that recruit that never showed up.  I forget her name, but what happened to her?  Lauren Thomas or something like that. 

Have you watched those youtube videos that I posted on scout yet?  I haven't had the time to check it out, but I am excited about Angel Robinson.  We are also getting that shooter from Illinois, Courtney Wiebel, so that should help. 

I'm not as concerned that we are losing so many seniors.  Terri is a defensive coach, and a darn good one.  When your teams play defendse, you will always be competitive.  I think our recruiting has taken a step up, also, since we've gotten into the Big East.

Thomas-Johnson ended up at a juco in Iowa - no idea why and no idea if she'll end up at a Div 1 school or not.

If Weibel can shoot anywhere near what she did in high school that will be good.  Robinson and McMorris (from New York - we're also supposedly looking at another player from her high school also) look promising.  But I think they may be hurting on the inside next season and it looks to be a rebuilding year.

No argument on defense under Terri but it will only take you so far and a horrid offensive performance like tonight highlights that. 

I so want to see this program get over the hump and everytime I think they might do it they do things like they did this season - lose 2ce to a Rutgers team they could have beaten, they blow a golden opportunity to upset UCONN at home and they can only score 47 points in an NCAA Tourney loss...

MUCrisco

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 10:46:08 PM »
I agree that defense will only get you so far, but it also won't be as tough of a rebuilding job because of that.  I think we need to be patient.  Terri just got Big East coach of the year.  That's saying something.  With more talent, she can take the program higher.  Sure we were embarassed tonight, but it was only one game.  Rutgers, UConn, and Oklahoma are all established programs.  It takes time to get there and the Big East along with the AL will help that. 

We may be softer inside, but this is a team full of post players, except for Ellis and Monfre.  I'm excited to see what Mellen can do.  Even if we are soft inside, I know Terri can adjust.  The strength of the tourney team that almost beat Duke was the perimeter game. 

I also can't wait to watch those videos of Angel Robinson.  I think she's a big time recruit.  Imagine having Ellis and Robinson out there.  It will be like having James and McNeal.  Hopefully Courtney can provide some space for those two to operate along with the bigs.  I really hope she produces and I believe she will.  Airbud3 who is a high school coach really raves about her.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 01:12:49 AM »
Paris dominated the MU women tonight.  They won't reach the next level until Mitchell learns to recruit big women.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 03:08:23 AM »
Where have we heard THAT before: Replace Mitchell with CREAN and women with MEN.
SS Marquette

MUCrisco

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 09:24:43 AM »
Where have we heard THAT before: Replace Mitchell with CREAN and women with MEN.

I'm guessing that he was being sarcastic and was going along with the joke.  Terri is an old school coach and believes in getting the ball inside first.  Paris is an All American and we definitely haven't had one of those at Marquette.  However, we have had plenty of all conference players, such as Abby Willenborg, who got drafted, Lisa Oldenburg, who tried out for the WNBA, Rachel Klug, and now Christina Quaye.  The women have definitely had success with their post players.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 01:28:52 AM »
I'm guessing that he was being sarcastic and was going along with the joke.

Yep.  ;D