[Today at 11:23:04 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 08:37:46 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Lunardi says we are gonna dance!  (Read 49743 times)

swoopem

• All American
Re: Lunardi says we are gonna dance!
« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2022, 12:17:48 PM »
Purdue and Gonzaga are the only teams that scare me
Bring back FFP!!!

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #201 on: February 01, 2022, 12:37:03 PM »
Good luck rebounding against that 7-foot-four giant though.

Trevion Williams is the one I worry about more on the glass.

But pressing the hell outta purdue and making their guards handle the ball a lot really frustrates them in games. We could be a tough match up
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2022, 12:45:50 PM »
Trevion Williams is the one I worry about more on the glass.

But pressing the hell outta purdue and making their guards handle the ball a lot really frustrates them in games. We could be a tough match up

Yeah their PG is a weak spot for them
Maigh Eo for Sam

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2022, 12:53:03 PM »
I would prefer a 6 seed to a 5.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2022, 01:13:58 PM »
Purdue's two headed post monster would dominate down low.   Like Joplin guarding 7' dominate.    Don't like that match up at all.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2022, 01:19:32 PM »
With our mad rebounding skills, we'd crush Purdue on the boards!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2022, 01:22:25 PM »
Purdue's two headed post monster would dominate down low.   Like Joplin guarding 7' dominate.    Don't like that match up at all.

Maybe, but they are beatable. Wisconsin just threw fouls at them, Indiana beat them mostly with small ball (TJD only played 11 minutes), and while they dominated Rutgers, the rest of the team didn't do enough to get the win. Purdue doesn't really play fast, so I think we harass their guards (turnovers is their offensive weakness), make them use the entire shot clock, and have confidence in our offense. We'd definitely be an underdog, but if we got a big night from Morsell or Justin and dirtied up the game, we'd have a shot.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2022, 01:34:30 PM »
Maybe, but they are beatable. Wisconsin just threw fouls at them, Indiana beat them mostly with small ball (TJD only played 11 minutes), and while they dominated Rutgers, the rest of the team didn't do enough to get the win. Purdue doesn't really play fast, so I think we harass their guards (turnovers is their offensive weakness), make them use the entire shot clock, and have confidence in our offense. We'd definitely be an underdog, but if we got a big night from Morsell or Justin and dirtied up the game, we'd have a shot.
IU beat them at home getting home cooking.   UW has the bodies to throw at them.   MU doesn't.   I mean, maybe MU can pressure the guards enough to break up the offense, a la the first half against Providence.   But Watson is smaller than both of the Purdue posts.    Just sayin'.   

But, getting that far means MU will have finished strong and eventually you have to play the top seeds.  So, why not Purdue?    Lace 'em up and have at 'em.   Sounds like fun.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #208 on: February 01, 2022, 02:20:30 PM »
IU beat them at home getting home cooking.   UW has the bodies to throw at them.   MU doesn't.   I mean, maybe MU can pressure the guards enough to break up the offense, a la the first half against Providence.   But Watson is smaller than both of the Purdue posts.    Just sayin'.   

But, getting that far means MU will have finished strong and eventually you have to play the top seeds.  So, why not Purdue?    Lace 'em up and have at 'em.   Sounds like fun.

Having grown up in the Chicago area, I sometimes say "Go for it! The worst that can happen is that you lose. Unless you're dealing with the Mafia of course."
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

panda

• All American
« Reply #209 on: February 01, 2022, 02:57:06 PM »

Purdue has an all world offense and can beat you several different ways. Their bigs have been mentioned, but jaden ivey is a legit pro player and opens up so much for them.

Defense is another issue. As good as their offense is, their defense allows anyone to stay in games with them. They’re just a poor defensive unit.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 03:04:41 PM by panda »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2022, 03:03:19 PM »

Exactly. It's hard enough on Feb. 1 to predict what seed we'll end up with; it's just a wild guess projecting our NCAAT opponents. Might as well put on a blindfold and throw a dart at a board.

I expect our first-round opponent will make things difficult for us -- just as Holy Cross did in 2003 and Davidson did in 2013 to Marquette teams that were better than this one -- and then I would expect every opponent after that to get progressively better.

I file all that in the "good problems to have" category.

But sure, the whole purpose of Lunardi now updating his bracket every nanosecond, and all the other bracketmeisters constantly doing there thing, is to keep us checking and conversating. Mission accomplished!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2022, 05:29:04 PM »

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #212 on: February 02, 2022, 11:52:45 PM »
To put our run into perspective

Im listening to After Dark with Fanta, RC and Prohm

They are doing blind resumes. Holy hell these bubble teams have god awful resumes.

They all got like 1-2 Q1 wins. Like 1-5 type records.

Weve played 12 and won 7. Crazy.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #213 on: February 02, 2022, 11:54:59 PM »
Protected seed, here we come!

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2022, 12:33:18 PM »
Marquette is the last number 4 seed with Lunardi today.

Some others that do daily rNkings have Marquette as the 2nd best 4 seed as of today.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #215 on: February 03, 2022, 12:52:53 PM »
To put our run into perspective

Im listening to After Dark with Fanta, RC and Prohm

They are doing blind resumes. Holy hell these bubble teams have god awful resumes.

They all got like 1-2 Q1 wins. Like 1-5 type records.

Weve played 12 and won 7. Crazy.

I was disappointed with that segment, as you can't really do blind resumes without at least some numerical context (NET, kenpom, Strength of Record, etc). Even if he just gave the NET, it would help. I mean, while UNC doesn't have any Q1 wins, they are also top-44 in EVERY metric the Selection Committee looks at. There's a reason they are in 85% of brackets and it's not just because of the name on the front of the jersey.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #216 on: February 03, 2022, 01:35:51 PM »
I was disappointed with that segment, as you can't really do blind resumes without at least some numerical context (NET, kenpom, Strength of Record, etc). Even if he just gave the NET, it would help. I mean, while UNC doesn't have any Q1 wins, they are also top-44 in EVERY metric the Selection Committee looks at. There's a reason they are in 85% of brackets and it's not just because of the name on the front of the jersey.

Oh yeah the segement as a whole was flawed leaving out the computer numbers.

But UNC is still a big bubble team I think Lunardi has them near the last 4 in. And it was just eye popping hearing some of the Q1 and Q2 stats of these teams.

The amount weve played and also won is impressive. We have benefitted a bit by having ours front loaded. Not many Q1s left for us til BET

Pepe Sylvia

• Team Captain
« Reply #217 on: February 03, 2022, 02:15:00 PM »
2 of our next 7 are Q1, at UCONN  and at Creighton if they can keep that NET up for us. Rest'll be Q2 on the road Q3 at home most likely. EXcept georgetown at home will be Q4 of all things.
twitterx: @HBOCEOofTits

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #218 on: February 03, 2022, 03:58:48 PM »
What a great thread talking about seedings as opposed to: "Will <you know who> Be Back Next Season?" or "Give Him 5 Years".
I love it! This is what MU basketball should be.

That's all.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #219 on: February 03, 2022, 04:13:01 PM »
What a great thread talking about seedings as opposed to: "Will <you know who> Be Back Next Season?" or "Give Him 5 Years".
I love it! This is what MU basketball should be.

That's all.

Amen to that!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #220 on: February 03, 2022, 04:28:56 PM »
Purdue and Gonzaga are the only teams that scare me

You obviously have not watched Auburn play. That’s one tough team!

Marquette4life

• All American
« Reply #221 on: February 03, 2022, 04:30:21 PM »
this auburn team is the most complete team ive watched in recent history

Goose

• All American
« Reply #222 on: February 03, 2022, 05:06:19 PM »
Auburn is the real deal. They remind me of what MU is going to look like in a couple of years. They are fun to watch, and I would love to play them.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #223 on: February 03, 2022, 06:38:18 PM »
Up to a 4 seed, past Nova
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #224 on: February 03, 2022, 08:24:05 PM »
Auburn is the real deal. They remind me of what MU is going to look like in a couple of years. They are fun to watch, and I would love to play them.

Hahaha that wording made me laugh. Here's to hoping