* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by BLWarrior91
[Today at 08:41:56 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:11:08 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Barney's home for sale.  (Read 70987 times)

Nukem2

• All American
Re: Barney's home for sale.
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2014, 10:12:35 AM »
Crean previously lived in Stonefields. Skiles bought his crib. Ray Allen in Eastwyn Bay.
That's correct.  TC also lived in Knightsbridge before Stonefields.  So, the HC has moved from Knightsbridge to Stonefields to Saddlebrook Park.  Upward mobility at its best.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2014, 10:13:37 AM »
Maybe Marotta or McIlvane could step up here to help Buzz out.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2014, 10:29:37 AM »
Buzz could have easily afforded this house and still have plenty of money to give to charity. He earned his money honestly; he had every ethical and moral right to spend it in the way he saw fit.  
nah.  the bishop in atlanta felt the same way about his $2+ million mansion...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 10:37:19 AM by avid1010 »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2014, 10:31:38 AM »
I know it is just me, so give me heck, but I believe in consuming less, rejecting materialism, that the more stuff you have leads to more complication, that leads to less happiness and less focus on what makes one happy.  I live way under our means and avoid conspicuous consumption.  It is the Jesuit/Buddhist principals that I follow and for other societal reasons in a culture where kids will kill someone over a pair of shoes.

I do find it odd, that people that act like good Christians and profess to  be good Christians, can freely spend a lot of $ on themselves for many reasons.  It seems incompatible to me.  Worse, is when they say and act like their good fortune is proof that God loves them or has "blessed" them, etc.  

So, I am disappointed to see how Bazz lived.  I just don't understand how living like that can be compatible with his professed beliefs.

Done with my rant for the day.  However, I do agree with the above that the place is very ugly with a LOT of odd angles. Good luck getting over 2M for that thing.

have you seen some of the cribs that those mega-church pastors live in?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2014, 10:32:41 AM »
Knightsbridge to Stonefields to Saddlebrook Park.  

Who comes up with these names? Lord Basingstoke?

Death on call

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2014, 10:33:27 AM »
anyone notice that almost all the art work is gone...except the cross and wall art that says "family"....

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2014, 10:35:19 AM »
ah, don't rip my prosperity gospel.  it's how a rationalize sh!t. 

WarhawkWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2014, 10:39:33 AM »
Jed Clampett

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2014, 10:39:55 AM »
If you are going to stage a house that is at the top of the price range you better believe someone with smarts is going to rent upper end furniture to impress'
Obviously money doesn't equate with taste but what other people do with their money is no affair of mine.
My guess is that part of the decision to buy a place like that is the desire for some privacy.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2014, 10:42:37 AM »

When Billy Graham was asked why he wore $500 suits ($2500 by today's standards) his reported reply was:"The Lord sendeth them down and they fitteth"

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2014, 10:49:36 AM »
What sort of Texan is he?  He never built a giant outdoor smoke pit?  Pfft.
Pass.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2014, 10:53:06 AM »
why judge Buzz for spending how he did for his family to maybe have some comfort, privacy in the bizarre hectic world he lived in AND do great things for others and charity like Buzz's Bunch.

I know it is just me, so give me heck, but I believe in consuming less, rejecting materialism, that the more stuff you have leads to more complication, that leads to less happiness and less focus on what makes one happy.  I live way under our means and avoid conspicuous consumption.  It is the Jesuit/Buddhist principals that I follow and for other societal reasons in a culture where kids will kill someone over a pair of shoes.

I do find it odd, that people that act like good Christians and profess to  be good Christians, can freely spend a lot of $ on themselves for many reasons.  It seems incompatible to me.  Worse, is when they say and act like their good fortune is proof that God loves them or has "blessed" them, etc.  

So, I am disappointed to see how Bazz lived.  I just don't understand how living like that can be compatible with his professed beliefs.

Done with my rant for the day.  However, I do agree with the above that the place is very ugly with a LOT of odd angles. Good luck getting over 2M for that thing.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 10:58:48 AM by madtownwarrior »

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2014, 10:55:44 AM »
Buzz earned his money while at Marquette and in America you get to spend it how you want.   Speaking of "Jesuit principles", MU is going to spend a pile of money on a new Jes Res that will no doubt include plenty of a amenities for those who have taken a "vow of poverty".

Do Jesuits take a vow of poverty? I think there are some orders that do not, but I may be mistaken.
We Are Marquette

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2014, 10:58:11 AM »
Do Jesuits take a vow of poverty? I think there are some orders that do not, but I may be mistaken.

They do.

Diocesan priests do not.  Most Order priests take a vow of poverty. 
Ludum habemus.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2014, 11:00:23 AM »
Realtors rent furniture and stage it in houses like this one so ripping on it is shallow and just wanting to be a hater.

An ironic quote....  Not that being a badgerhater is a bad thing.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2014, 11:07:07 AM »
That's correct.  TC also lived in Knightsbridge before Stonefields.  So, the HC has moved from Knightsbridge to Stonefields to Saddlebrook Park.  Upward mobility at its best.

I can only think of Harrod's of Knightsbridge in London when I read that.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2014, 11:07:23 AM »

individual Jesuit vows include poverty.  The order on the other hand, can own things.  Thus the Buicks (probably Lexi or Infinitis now) in the Jes Res lot behind Schroeder.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2014, 11:09:51 AM »
From sweeping floors to living like a king,coaching salaries in college ball are outrageous,land of opportunity!

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2014, 11:12:12 AM »
Says $2,350,000

RE Taxes, utilities, maintenance, cleaning got to be 100k/year.  Potential buyers?  About half a dozen players for the Milwaukee Bucks.  Does he start another one of these in Blacksburg?  Will he stay there long enough to finish it?  Who will buy one in Blacksburg with no professional basketball team there?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2014, 11:19:54 AM »
I can only think of Harrod's of Knightsbridge in London when I read that.

Exactly. For a couple years I split time between HK and London. My office was in Knightsbridge but we lived in Hampshire. Knightsbridge is a nice area but it was nice to live outside of London.

Death on call

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2014, 11:33:28 AM »
why judge Buzz for spending how he did for his family to maybe have some comfort, privacy in the bizarre hectic world he lived in AND do great things for others and charity like Buzz's Bunch.

SOME comfort, privacy?  It's the kind of house that you can easily lose your family members in.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2014, 11:34:03 AM »
That realtor chick is eye fu#ing the sh*& out of me.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2014, 11:39:35 AM »
Realtors rent furniture and stage it in houses like this one so ripping on it is shallow and just wanting to be a hater.

There are more houses in Mequon/River Hills area with gyms than you think.  If you are invited to play hoops in one do take advantage of the opportunity.

Buzz earned his money while at Marquette and in America you get to spend it how you want.   Speaking of "Jesuit principles", MU is going to spend a pile of money on a new Jes Res that will no doubt include plenty of a amenities for those who have taken a "vow of poverty".

I assume this is directed to me.

Sure, there is likely some staging in the house but what of the rug in the foyer?
What of the random mustard green wall paint with a steel grey living room?
What of, basically, the entire office with two toned drapery, a gold chair, and a love seat presumably made of Buzz' former "Al's Day" jackets?
What of the tiger stripped "love seat" style dining room chairs?
What of the terrible tan and blue mixed faux leather set in the basement?
What of the dime store throwaway outdoor furniture ruining the best part of the property in the backyard paver patio?

I'm not "just being a hater" as you suggest. I truly feel it is decorated in an awful manner whether it is all Williams, all the stager, or a combination of both. If my brother owned this house, I'd tell him it was awful.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2014, 11:46:36 AM »
RE Taxes, utilities, maintenance, cleaning got to be 100k/year.  

After hearing what people in WI were paying in houses that could fit inside the basketball court of this one, I'd love to know what the heating bill was on that place this winter.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2014, 11:59:34 AM »
Is Wainwright still living in the outbuilding and maintaining the grounds?

feedback