Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: careful...went to MU Scout page today...  (Read 15977 times)

Canadian Dimes

• All American
careful...went to MU Scout page today...
« on: November 29, 2010, 02:06:50 PM »
and picked up a bad virus ...took about 4 hours of my day to remove.  Geez!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: careful...went to MU Scout page today...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 05:47:18 PM »

I think I heard about it.

It's called the "That's-what-you-get-for-leaving-us-for-MUScoop" virus.
SS Marquette

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 06:59:45 PM »
and picked up a bad virus ...took about 4 hours of my day to remove.  Geez!

Were you wearing a condom?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 07:10:12 PM »

That's the damn virus that I had to wipe out my system and reset back to factory settings.   Won't go back to Dodds site or scout.com, at least not on my computer.  Maybe on Chicos I would.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
That's the damn virus that I had to wipe out my system and reset back to factory settings.   Won't go back to Dodds site or scout.com, at least not on my computer.  Maybe on Chicos I would.

I've been Dodds free for so long I don't have to worry about it.   

MUBasketball

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 07:47:40 PM »
I've been Dodds free for so long  

Which is why the Scout board is considerably better.

mueron

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 07:51:10 PM »
I used to enjoy the scout board more until that day someone over here posted info obtained on the premium board and all these crazies from scout shat their pants.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 07:51:31 PM »
Which is why the Scout board is considerably better.

And yet you continue to come over here....

Most people here would disagree with your opinion.  Have fun over there.  Hugs and Kisses.

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 07:54:14 PM »
Just curious, did you click one of those links from a one-post user?
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 07:58:11 PM »
no

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 08:00:02 PM »
I just go to Dodds board from time to time to see if Murf is still alive.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 09:15:46 PM »
Come to think of it, I had a nasty virus on my work computer last week...the only websites I visit are MSN, Yahoo, the Weather Channel, Scoop, the Scout site, and my bank.  After using cell phone internet to locate a fix, 2 hours, and about 10 reboots I got rid of it.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 09:22:47 AM »
Was it a free virus or did you have to subscribe to premium content for it?

DoddsOnSports.com

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 11:05:28 AM »
I thought that we were one big happy Marquette family here on the internet…but based on comments by TallTian and Chicos…I am beginning to wonder.
I don’t understand why some have a burr under their saddles regarding premium content. Why do I have premium content?  #1. Scout/Fox Sports requires that I have a prem board to raise revenue if I want to have a site. #2. I moderate this board as a hobby…but if I am at the office…and I hear that Buzz has a press conf at Al at 2pm on a Wed…and I leave work at 1:45pm and return at 3pm…I have to be able to justify the time.  I love MU basketball…you love MU basketball ..but could you leave work for this time on a Wed?  If I cannot justify it financially…I don’t know if I could do it…I take a substantial portion of the revenue and use it to pay for gas/airfare…for my students to cover AAU tournaments around the Midwest..or cover games…I try to get more info out there….for some reason posters here view me as taking MU info and trying to hide it…I don’t understand this view…

In addition…I  don’t understand the animus.  We have 50% premium content..and 50% free content…as part of my website deal, I share revenue with Scout and as a result, have access to their top national reporters…if Buzz goes to Vegas for an AAU Tourney; Scout is there to see the players he is looking at. Those Scout stories are premium content…and about half of our stories are premium…but IWB interviewed Juan Anderson and Derrick Wilson and they were both free.   [BTW…the Journal Company letting IWB go when they reduced their sports staff from 43 to 13…was the worst move they could have made. But if this opened up the Scion Dental Summer hoops Pro –Am….he will end up ahead…]

If I make more money…we will have more coverage…and more info…but that really bothers some…and I don’t know why???  I have a life insurance practice and that pays the bills…there is only so much time I can devote to the site…I have worked hard over the yrs to build relationships  and synergies with top basketball recruiting experts such as IWB, Mark Miller, Bullseye and others…they post at the site..

If I can make more money I can spend more time on it…but I don’t understand why that rubs so many the wrong way….just in this thread Tall Titan makes a crack about premium content…why?
BTW…Tall Titan…I cover the Packers on game days…and I come home on a Sunday nite  2mos ago and saw that you accused me of ‘Blackmail and threats’….and Chico’s replied that he did not know for sure but based on his experiences with me…he sided with Tall Titan…??? What????

I did not know who Tall Titan was…until I called Kevin Buckley….and I asked him to remove the post…he did not but encouraged me to reply……I remembered that  about 3 yrs ago, I wanted to add video to our site…and did not have time to edit tapes..etc…I saw his fine work posted on YouTube and linked to…so I contacted him via email..he might have called me at the office…my idea was to try to get Bradley Center video highlights posted on our site and I wanted to hire him to do it….why? Because he did a great job of it…and I did not have the time.  Also, since we were owned by Fox, I was wondering if we could work with Fox 6 to post video….Later I found that there would be copyrights issues…so I dropped the idea…  Then I heard that ESPN was cracking down on its games being put up on YouTube…so I gave Tall Titan a heads up..that you should be careful not to spend a lot time on the editing of MU games on ESPN if they are going to be taken down right afterward. 

I never thought twice about it ..Until last Aug 2010 when I read TallTitan’s post recalling the incident at an example of me ‘Blackmailing him’…and threatening him if he did not come over and work for me at MarquetteHoops.com.   MY thought…’What in the wide wide world of sports was that all about?’
I will let reasonable people determine what the truth is….
And by the way…what is the deal with Chicos?…there seems to be a ‘personal edge’ when it comes to posting about me and our site?  I encourage anyone to post at our site…except those like Chicos who use 20 screen names to drive traffic from it….  I sense Chicos would like it if our site just went away….and I have always wondered why?

BTW…I sent the info about a potential ‘virus’ on our site to the Scout techies…if there is a problem…they can deal with it….but anything negative sure seems to generate ‘glee’ from some around here…and that is surprising…because Chicos…I thought we were all one big happy Marquette family!?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 11:15:43 AM »
I thought that we were one big happy Marquette family here on the internet…but based on comments by TallTian and Chicos…I am beginning to wonder.
I don’t understand why some have a burr under their saddles regarding premium content. Why do I have premium content?  #1. Scout/Fox Sports requires that I have a prem board to raise revenue if I want to have a site. #2. I moderate this board as a hobby…but if I am at the office…and I hear that Buzz has a press conf at Al at 2pm on a Wed…and I leave work at 1:45pm and return at 3pm…I have to be able to justify the time.  I love MU basketball…you love MU basketball ..but could you leave work for this time on a Wed?  If I cannot justify it financially…I don’t know if I could do it…I take a substantial portion of the revenue and use it to pay for gas/airfare…for my students to cover AAU tournaments around the Midwest..or cover games…I try to get more info out there….for some reason posters here view me as taking MU info and trying to hide it…I don’t understand this view…

In addition…I  don’t understand the animus.  We have 50% premium content..and 50% free content…as part of my website deal, I share revenue with Scout and as a result, have access to their top national reporters…if Buzz goes to Vegas for an AAU Tourney; Scout is there to see the players he is looking at. Those Scout stories are premium content…and about half of our stories are premium…but IWB interviewed Juan Anderson and Derrick Wilson and they were both free.   [BTW…the Journal Company letting IWB go when they reduced their sports staff from 43 to 13…was the worst move they could have made. But if this opened up the Scion Dental Summer hoops Pro –Am….he will end up ahead…]

If I make more money…we will have more coverage…and more info…but that really bothers some…and I don’t know why???  I have a life insurance practice and that pays the bills…there is only so much time I can devote to the site…I have worked hard over the yrs to build relationships  and synergies with top basketball recruiting experts such as IWB, Mark Miller, Bullseye and others…they post at the site..

If I can make more money I can spend more time on it…but I don’t understand why that rubs so many the wrong way….just in this thread Tall Titan makes a crack about premium content…why?
BTW…Tall Titan…I cover the Packers on game days…and I come home on a Sunday nite  2mos ago and saw that you accused me of ‘Blackmail and threats’….and Chico’s replied that he did not know for sure but based on his experiences with me…he sided with Tall Titan…??? What????

I did not know who Tall Titan was…until I called Kevin Buckley….and I asked him to remove the post…he did not but encouraged me to reply……I remembered that  about 3 yrs ago, I wanted to add video to our site…and did not have time to edit tapes..etc…I saw his fine work posted on YouTube and linked to…so I contacted him via email..he might have called me at the office…my idea was to try to get Bradley Center video highlights posted on our site and I wanted to hire him to do it….why? Because he did a great job of it…and I did not have the time.  Also, since we were owned by Fox, I was wondering if we could work with Fox 6 to post video….Later I found that there would be copyrights issues…so I dropped the idea…  Then I heard that ESPN was cracking down on its games being put up on YouTube…so I gave Tall Titan a heads up..that you should be careful not to spend a lot time on the editing of MU games on ESPN if they are going to be taken down right afterward. 

I never thought twice about it ..Until last Aug 2010 when I read TallTitan’s post recalling the incident at an example of me ‘Blackmailing him’…and threatening him if he did not come over and work for me at MarquetteHoops.com.   MY thought…’What in the wide wide world of sports was that all about?’
I will let reasonable people determine what the truth is….
And by the way…what is the deal with Chicos?…there seems to be a ‘personal edge’ when it comes to posting about me and our site?  I encourage anyone to post at our site…except those like Chicos who use 20 screen names to drive traffic from it….  I sense Chicos would like it if our site just went away….and I have always wondered why?

BTW…I sent the info about a potential ‘virus’ on our site to the Scout techies…if there is a problem…they can deal with it….but anything negative sure seems to generate ‘glee’ from some around here…and that is surprising…because Chicos…I thought we were all one big happy Marquette family!?

You must get paid by the word.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 11:15:57 AM »
I did not know who Tall Titan was…until I called Kevin Buckley….and I asked him to remove the post…he did not but encouraged me to reply……

This.  You answered your own question about "why all the hate."

Overmoderation kills communities, which is why MUScoop will continue to thrive.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 11:29:01 AM »

We need a facepalm smiley.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:31:03 AM by mu_hilltopper »

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 11:30:48 AM »
but could you leave work for this time on a Wed? 

Yes.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 11:32:14 AM »
Woah.  It was a simple joke about paying for the virus.  I'm sorry if it bothered you that much.  If it makes you feel better I would have made the same joke about ESPN Insider if people got a virus from that.

As for the videos, I stand by everything I said in the thread awhile back.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 11:33:18 AM »
smiley
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 11:35:18 AM »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2010, 11:47:11 AM »

Fantastic

Here are a few others

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 11:49:57 AM »
John, Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous New Year to you.

Do I want your sight to go away?  No.

Do I think you are a huge advocate for Marquette?  Absolutely

Do I have some really fun emails from you over the years and conversations you've had with others about me (that they have in turned shared with me) to rely on for my opinions?  Yes  (as I'm sure you do about me)

Keep up the good work. 

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 12:04:37 PM »
I thought that we were one big happy Marquette family here on the internet…but based on comments by TallTian and Chicos…I am beginning to wonder.  no one is happy on the internet
I don’t understand why some have a burr under their saddles regarding premium content. Why do I have premium content?  #1. Scout/Fox Sports requires that I have a prem board to raise revenue if I want to have a site. #2. I moderate this board as a hobby…but if I am at the office…and I hear that Buzz has a press conf at Al at 2pm on a Wed…and I leave work at 1:45pm and return at 3pm…I have to be able to justify the time.  I love MU basketball…you love MU basketball ..but could you leave work for this time on a Wed?  If I cannot justify it financially…I don’t know if I could do it…I take a substantial portion of the revenue and use it to pay for gas/airfare…for my students to cover AAU tournaments around the Midwest..or cover games…I try to get more info out there….for some reason posters here view me as taking MU info and trying to hide it…I don’t understand this view…  people like free, don't like not free.  Write that down.

In addition…I  don’t understand the animus.  We have 50% premium content..and 50% free content…as part of my website deal, I share revenue with Scout and as a result, have access to their top national reporters…if Buzz goes to Vegas for an AAU Tourney; Scout is there to see the players he is looking at. Those Scout stories are premium content…and about half of our stories are premium…but IWB interviewed Juan Anderson and Derrick Wilson and they were both free.  slow clap starts [BTW…the Journal Company letting IWB go when they reduced their sports staff from 43 to 13…was the worst move they could have made. But if this opened up the Scion Dental Summer hoops Pro –Am….he will end up ahead…]

If I make more money…we will have more coverage…and more info…but that really bothers some…and I don’t know why???  Slow clap getting louder and fastI have a life insurance practice and that pays the bills…there is only so much time I can devote to the site…I have worked hard over the yrs to build relationships  and synergies with top basketball recruiting experts such as IWB, Mark Miller, Bullseye and others…they post at the site..
Slow clappers go wild.
BTW…Tall Titan…I cover the Packers on game days…and I come home on a Sunday nite  2mos ago and saw that you accused me of ‘Blackmail and threats’….and Chico’s replied that he did not know for sure but based on his experiences with me…he sided with Tall Titan…??? What???? Booo!!! Screw you titain! We are on the dods train now!

I did not know who Tall Titan was…until I called Kevin Buckley….and I asked him to remove the posthuh? You mean the joke in this thread about a premium content virus?…he did not but encouraged me to reply……Duh, Why the hell would he?  Why would you ask that?  Way to get me on your side and then convince me you are an evil overly sensitive fascist.  I bet you helped end the warriors name.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 12:08:01 PM »
Do I want your sight to go away?  No.

Whew.  I was wondering why you would be so bitter you would wish for him to go blind.

;)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt