[Today at 04:54:28 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by 🏀
[Today at 04:02:44 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Next Season's Minutes  (Read 5400 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: Next Season's Minutes
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2019, 01:00:21 PM »
I assume we use the last schollie on a regular transfer, but a role player big that can come in and clean up the glass and be a shot changer in the paint when Theo is in the foul trouble would be great.

That last scholarship isn't going to be used for anyone active if Ike stays and contributes Matty minutes.  But a traditional transfer?  Sure.

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2019, 01:04:03 PM »
That last scholarship isn't going to be used for anyone active if Ike stays and contributes Matty minutes.  But a traditional transfer?  Sure.
We still don't know if ike will ever play a game for us

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2019, 02:51:02 PM »

I am not counting on Ike for anything.  Even if he's healthy to count on any minutes from his is silly at this point.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2019, 04:17:00 PM »
I can totally see that.  Wojo is going to be deciding between Koby and Joey as his 5th starter.  My sincere hope is that Koby beats him out because it means that we'll be that much better.

And you love getting a boost offensively from the 6th man which Joey would give.

The talk over who gets how many minutes is meaningless because the rotation tightens up once you get to the meat of the schedule - a guy who gets 12 mpg at the start of the season may not even get in every conference game. 

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2019, 04:29:40 PM »
I would be surprised in a bad way if Bailey’s play wasn’t vastly improved from year one to year two. I am expecting significant improvement from him, and thus more minutes.  He can defend the perimeter with length. Offensively, many of his misses were long back iron, as were his free throws, but his for, is fine. He can tweak that. I expect a more confident player and more offense from him.

Lineups will change based on matchups and who is playing well. There will be times I’d like to see Markus, Sacar, Koby, for their speed and athleticism. There will be times I would like to see Sam, Joey, Brendan all in at the same time for their length. Neither Greg nor Koby are true point guards. But as long as they can facilitate offense without turning the ball over, they will be fine.  Way too many unforced error and forced error turnovers this year. 

Would like to see more non medical redshirts in future, as warranted. Jay Wright has had some success with this strategy.  Hope Jamal works on his handle, and being strong with the ball.

Would like to see Theo block less, get in position more on d, and know when to foul and not foul, and keep advancing his post moves.

Looking forward to a good season.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2019, 05:20:08 PM »
I am not counting on Ike for anything.  Even if he's healthy to count on any minutes from his is silly at this point.

Not 'counting' on anything other than Matty minutes.  If Ike can't dress and contribute when foul trouble hits for a handful of possessions, his scholly is almost assuredly going elsewhere.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2019, 02:19:50 PM »
You all were way off.

feedback