[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:37:37 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mick Cronin to UCLA  (Read 14819 times)

Marcus92

• All American
Re: Mick Cronin to UCLA
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2019, 09:32:37 AM »
Why make yourself clearly understood when you can be vague, mysterious and intriguing?
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2019, 09:34:19 AM »
He said "after our humiliating defeat to a mid major". I assumed this was Murray St.

That's why I was clarifying

He means after Hank lost to Miami (OH) in 1978......ushering in the “dark ages”
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2019, 09:36:18 AM »
He means after Hank lost to Miami (OH) in 1978......ushering in the “dark ages”

I doubt Cronin or Archie were candidates in 1978.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2019, 09:36:52 AM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2019, 09:43:18 AM »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2019, 09:47:45 AM »
I doubt Cronin or Archie were candidates in 1978.

Embryonic protégés
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2019, 09:53:07 AM »
Just verifying. He seemed to state it as fact and not speculation or opinion.

Jon/Keefe appears to be the most insider of insiders because of this information and the information about the Hausers. Though many other prominent posters have disagreed with his statements on the Hausers.

And, in the past, he has been shown to have an anti-wojo/fire wojo stance as well as shown untrustworthy at least once (plagiarism).

So, again, I just wanted to verify his post was fact and not opinion/speculation.

Speculate all ya want, butt Jon's innuendo has legs, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2019, 09:57:35 AM »
My guess is this was MU doing it due diligence in case Wojo left.  I seriously doubt they were talking to other coaches while contemplating firing Wojo.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2019, 10:17:23 AM »
4ever

The old guard often knows more than just Al era memories to share.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2019, 10:19:37 AM »
Damn, the "old guard" going full-on snowflake mode

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2019, 10:20:34 AM »
4ever

uh oh! look out here comes jon swinging his wiener around! who you calling old you punk! check the engine on the chevy and tell me its old!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2019, 10:27:21 AM »
Mick Cronin has a patent, aina?

Mulu7

• Walk-On
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2019, 10:29:27 AM »
4ever

Goose -

Was this MU reacting to Wojo rumors?

Or MU proactively looking to upgrade the coaching position?

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2019, 10:30:57 AM »

Speculate all ya want, butt Jon's innuendo has legs, hey?

An innuendo that no one has any clue about what he is talking about, has legs?

The funny thing is this is a mostly anonymous message board with rampant speculation and loaded with inaccuracies. Yet we have certain people that want to pose as in the know, however they never actually state anything, akin to a horoscope or fortune teller.  Jon’s innuendo is just that.   What is he deep throat that fears assasination if the name of a speculative coaching candidate is named long after the fact?  Horsecrap, its hollow  i know more than u childish boasting is all
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 01:45:01 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2019, 01:14:59 PM »
An innuendo that no one has any clue about what he is talking about, has legs?

The funny thing is this is a mostly anonymous message board with rampant speculation and loaded with inaccuracies. Yet we have certain people that want to pose as in the know, however they never actually stare anything, akin to a horoscope or fortune teller.  Jon innuendo is just that.   What is he deep throat that fears assasination if the name of a speculative coaching candidate is named long after the fact?  Horsecrap, i know more than u childish boasting

Spot on.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2019, 01:54:44 PM »
Just verifying. He seemed to state it as fact and not speculation or opinion.

Jon/Keefe appears to be the most insider of insiders because of this information and the information about the Hausers. Though many other prominent posters have disagreed with his statements on the Hausers.

And, in the past, he has been shown to have an anti-wojo/fire wojo stance as well as shown untrustworthy at least once (plagiarism).

So, again, I just wanted to verify his post was fact and not opinion/speculation.

It's a fact.

And in terms of the "plagiarism" narrative, that was hatched by that idiot Sultan. I have never plagiarized anything in my life.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2019, 02:06:36 PM »
It's a fact.

And in terms of the "plagiarism" narrative, that was hatched by that idiot Sultan. I have never plagiarized anything in my life.

Thanks. Appreciate the confirmation that MU admin was in discussion with outside coaches for the MU HC position. Hopefully it was merely diligence in the event Wojo was talking to others and it wasn't behind his back to try and replace him without being upfront with discussions.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2019, 02:10:55 PM »
I found this interesting phenomenon where one person shares an opinion with another, then that person shares it with someone else as a speculation, then the third person shares it with another as a fact. It is an amazing process. Much like the larvae becoming a moth.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2019, 02:12:11 PM »
Unless Jon clarifies his statements then he simply continues the be the same charleton that he has always been, innuendos and half truths that “show” that no matter what happens he was already in the know.  Childs game

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2019, 02:13:59 PM »
Thanks. Appreciate the confirmation that MU admin was in discussion with outside coaches for the MU HC position. Hopefully it was merely diligence in the event Wojo was talking to others and it wasn't behind his back to try and replace him without being upfront with discussions.

It was prudence on MU's part. It's important to note that MU didn't initiate the contact.

But, anyone who thinks Wojo wasn't putting his hand up once MU's season was over is naive.

MU should entertain such discussions in order to build contingencies. Corporate America does it all the time. The MU Athletic Department should be no different. It's a business.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2019, 02:15:54 PM »
I found this interesting phenomenon where one person shares an opinion with another, then that person shares it with someone else as a speculation, then the third person shares it with another as a fact. It is an amazing process. Much like the larvae becoming a moth.

Aggie,

The Meat Summit Underboard has lots of insight. We knew about a recent hire well before it was published here.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2019, 02:19:25 PM »
But wait. Some coach called Marquette saying, “Yo, Wojo might take this (enter school) job opening. If he does that I’d love to have a chance to interview for your opening.” And for 10 days MU entertained this coach? How is that possible given that we’ve heard for weeks now that it’s laughable anyone would actually believe a different program would have any interest in Wojo being their coach? As we all have been informed, most vocally from one of these very well informed meat summit members, is that the only job Wojo is a candidate for us MU.

The math here doesn’t add up.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 02:28:16 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2019, 02:24:56 PM »
Aggie,

The Meat Summit Underboard has lots of insight. We knew about a recent hire well before it was published here.

Sorry Keefe this is lost on me. Can you put it into the form of a haiku? I recall those being very helpful during the last men's coaching search.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 02:28:54 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2019, 03:12:15 PM »
Aggie,

To be fair, didn’t the meat summit also know about Shaka done deal, Martin done deal, hockey coming back, etc?

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2019, 03:35:01 PM »
Aggie,

Again, we knew but noone else knew, but we are not gonna tell you what we knew.  See how in the know we are.
Bullcrap talks