[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 12:46:07 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DePaul roll call  (Read 7361 times)

lostpassword

• Starter
Re: DePaul roll call
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2023, 11:20:28 PM »
I'll be in attendance with 9 others:

The other 3 in my season ticket group
Brother and 8 year old nephew - his first game*
Sister and 13 year old niece - her second ever game (went to Xavier with me last year)
Parents

We planned this back in January not expecting the stakes to be this high... but damn do I love that they are.

*Taking the kid to the Bucks game on Friday night with a chance of Sunday as well.  His frame of reference is the Wisconsin Herd so expecting him to be blown away.  Packed his travel bag on Tuesday night and has already told his dad that this is going to be the greatest weekend of his life.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2023, 01:28:54 AM »
I have 2 tix upper deck aisle. 221 I think.

Cost is free.99. Message me
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2023, 05:27:01 AM »
I will be there with one of our daughters as usual with my season tickets (Section 222, midcourt upper level).

Our other daughter who lives in town (also a former student Fanatic who alternates with her sister going to the games with me) bought one for herself a couple of days ago because she wants to see something special.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2023, 08:39:44 AM »
Starting the trek in a couple/few hours. Staying at the Hyatt - any dinner (tonight) or brunch/lunch recommendations?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2023, 08:42:43 AM »
Starting the trek in a couple/few hours. Staying at the Hyatt - any dinner (tonight) or brunch/lunch recommendations?

Pray to make it into the hotel alive.  Don't leave the hotel if you are fortunate enough to make it there.  It's scary out there.

But really depends what you want.  I would go get a burger at Oscar's Pub if I was in town.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2023, 08:42:51 AM »

Birch on Pleasant. Amazing dinner.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2023, 08:43:38 AM »
I will be there with one of our daughters as usual with my season tickets (Section 222, midcourt upper level).

Our other daughter who lives in town (also a former student Fanatic who alternates with her sister going to the games with me) bought one for herself a couple of days ago because she wants to see something special.

Kudos to you, your daughters, and everyone else going to the game.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2023, 09:08:41 AM »

Real Chili

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2023, 09:12:07 AM »

5 o’clock steakhouse for dinner is always the answer

I’ll be there next Friday for St. John’s weekend
Bring back FFP!!!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2023, 09:27:33 AM »

Reservations filling up. After a long drive, no Calderone Club next door? Shameful.

Brunch?  Sweet Diner, Buckley's might have room.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2023, 09:41:09 AM »
Reservations filling up. After a long drive, no Calderone Club next door? Shameful.

Brunch?  Sweet Diner, Buckley's might have room.

430 Calderone Club on Saturday is already a #donedeal
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2023, 09:46:43 AM »
430 Calderone Club on Saturday is already a #donedeal

Char'd is a winner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2023, 09:51:32 AM »
Char'd is a winner.

+1 I'd go to chard over pretty much anywhere in MKE, Odd Duck's rotating menu notwithstanding.
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2023, 09:54:29 AM »
Looking at DePaul they've had some players coming back and going out from injury lately.

Biggest news is that their starting C, Nick Ongenda, is back after being injured all season. In his three games back his offense has looked all out of sorts (shooting 30% from the field) but his defense and rebounding are in form. He's averaging almost 8 boards and 6! blocks a game. He has also fouled out of 2/3 games.

Right after Ongenda came back, they lost his replacement, Yor Anei, to a hamstring injury. He's considered day to day and may play on Saturday.

Jalen Terry came back from about a month long absence. He's an undersized scoring SG that comes off the bench.

Zion Cruz, the highest rated recruit in recent history for DePaul, missed two games with injury, played an uninspiring 7 minutes against Xavier, and then didn't play in their last game. He has been a massive disappointment considering he was Depaul's first top 50 recruit in a long time.

Even if all 4 are available to go, I still expect a double digit beatdown by Marquette. DePaul's only hope at keeping close is if Gibson, Johnson, and Gerbrewhit all go bonkers from three while we have an off shooting night. Even if that happens, we've shown in recent games that we can win under those circumstances against better competition.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2023, 09:56:59 AM »

Doc’s Commerce Smokehouse is good and I think pretty close. Their tap list might be one of the best in the city. Also, there’s an MUScoop connection.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2023, 10:04:53 AM »
Depaul's first top 50 recruit in a long time.

You mean their first one to actually set foot on campus. Depaul's "if only they didn't decommit" team is on fire.
Maigh Eo for Sam

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2023, 10:15:51 AM »
Pray to make it into the hotel alive.  Don't leave the hotel if you are fortunate enough to make it there.  It's scary out there.

But really depends what you want.  I would go get a burger at Oscar's Pub if I was in town.

Yeah, but not as scary as 82's journey. He and his posse will be attempting to walk round trip to Coerpers and back from their downtown motel. Thoughts, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2023, 10:33:16 AM »
How many times do you get to watch Marquette clinch a conference title?

Excellent point.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2023, 11:28:54 AM »

Yeah, but not as scary as 82's journey. He and his posse will be attempting to walk round trip to Coerpers and back from their downtown motel. Thoughts, hey?

You haven't been out in years, hey?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2023, 01:52:05 PM »
The last few times I have tried to make dinner reservations in Milwaukee on Saturday night, it has been very difficult. Don't sit on this.
Have some patience, FFS.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2023, 01:55:48 PM »
The last few times I have tried to make dinner reservations in Milwaukee on Saturday night, it has been very difficult. Don't sit on this.
When Doc and I went to RC on Saturday it wasn't crowded.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 06:07:46 PM by Newsdreams »
Goal is National Championship

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2023, 02:17:48 PM »
When DC and I went to RC on Saturday it wasn't crowded.

I called ahead and reserved the joynt.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2023, 02:27:08 PM »
Looking at DePaul they've had some players coming back and going out from injury lately.

Biggest news is that their starting C, Nick Ongenda, is back after being injured all season. In his three games back his offense has looked all out of sorts (shooting 30% from the field) but his defense and rebounding are in form. He's averaging almost 8 boards and 6! blocks a game. He has also fouled out of 2/3 games.

Right after Ongenda came back, they lost his replacement, Yor Anei, to a hamstring injury. He's considered day to day and may play on Saturday.

Jalen Terry came back from about a month long absence. He's an undersized scoring SG that comes off the bench.

Zion Cruz, the highest rated recruit in recent history for DePaul, missed two games with injury, played an uninspiring 7 minutes against Xavier, and then didn't play in their last game. He has been a massive disappointment considering he was Depaul's first top 50 recruit in a long time.

Even if all 4 are available to go, I still expect a double digit beatdown by Marquette. DePaul's only hope at keeping close is if Gibson, Johnson, and Gerbrewhit all go bonkers from three while we have an off shooting night. Even if that happens, we've shown in recent games that we can win under those circumstances against better competition.

What about Nelson? He went down with an ankle sprain late in their game against SJU and limped badly into the locker room.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2023, 02:32:41 PM »
Coming in from the Waukesha suburbs, bringing another 80's alum from Florida
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2023, 02:40:03 PM »
Coming in from the Waukesha suburbs, bringing another 80's alum from Florida

Cool, thanks for the surprise. What time is the private jet picking me up?  ;D