[Today at 06:46:15 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wisconsin Thoughts  (Read 22521 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Wisconsin Thoughts
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2015, 08:49:15 AM »
I just keep thinking that in two years we will have Cohen and Duane as seniors, and Carter and Cheatham as juniors.  I know things don't always go to plan, but that is exciting to think about.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2015, 08:53:36 AM »
After a day to reflect on the win I really think they can end up being very good this season. I felt we were going to be a surprise in the country and feel we will be a top 20 team a few weeks down the road. Very hard to stop two NBA caliber 6-11 guys. Cheatham is the real deal and I am excited for first time in a couple of years.

One last note, last two years you could not pay me to go to game (did go to a few) and I will money to watch HE play. He is a special player. While I think he is 100% one and done, I actually hope he stays another year because I think we could be very, very good a year from now if he hangs around.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2015, 08:58:28 AM »
One last note, last two years you could not pay me to go to game (did go to a few) and I will money to watch HE play. He is a special player. While I think he is 100% one and done, I actually hope he stays another year because I think we could be very, very good a year from now if he hangs around.

Agreed.  I actually paid money to see MU play Chicago State.     Can still get a pair of lower bowl, midcourt for through the MU ticket exchange.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2015, 09:01:52 AM »
Good one.  It seemed the rodent fans booed the MU chant and the chant backed down, hopefully my impression from TV was wrong.  Would be nice to go into G-Town 11-2.

Bucky fans drowned us out, as very few of them had left the building. Had the game continued on the double-digit win trajectory, the MU chant would have been something to hear.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2015, 09:04:19 AM »
That would be quite an accomplishment. I hope you're right!

I agree with Brew, when all is said and done (baring injury) I think we will be speak of the legend of Haanif in this recruiting class
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2015, 09:11:44 AM »
I just keep thinking that in two years we will have Cohen and Duane as seniors, and Carter and Cheatham as juniors.  I know things don't always go to plan, but that is exciting to think about.

I wouldn't even wait that long, next year:  Fischer is a senior, Cohen and Duane as juniors, Carter and Cheatham as sophomores(biggest jump is frosh to sophomore season) with Rowsey, Wally and JjJ as key role players and Sam Hauser coming in

This doesn't even count Henry coming back.  Without Henry that's a team that should play at least into the Sweet 16, with.....oh boy
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

JediWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2015, 09:43:07 AM »
Good one.  It seemed the rodent fans booed the MU chant and the chant backed down, hopefully my impression from TV was wrong.  Would be nice to go into G-Town 11-2.

I will be at the Georgetown game with a slew of dedicated Warriors.  Any boos will only make us chant louder.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2015, 09:53:34 AM »
I agree with Brew, when all is said and done (baring injury) I think we will be speak of the legend of Haanif in this recruiting class

I agree Haanif is rapidly becoming my favorite player.  I see him staying all 4 years and by the last 2 being one of the marquee players in the BE.  He has the potential to be the kind of player that you feel you know and is the face of MU for a while.  We really haven't had someone like that on the team since Lazar.  Jimmy and Jae were great but there is something special about a 4 year player.  You kind of experience the program through him while he is here.
Go Warriors.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2015, 10:18:14 AM »
I wouldn't even wait that long, next year:  Fischer is a senior, Cohen and Duane as juniors, Carter and Cheatham as sophomores(biggest jump is frosh to sophomore season) with Rowsey, Wally and JjJ as key role players and Sam Hauser coming in

This doesn't even count Henry coming back.  Without Henry that's a team that should play at least into the Sweet 16, with.....oh boy

That's part of why I'm not assuming Henry will be back, because when I think of next year's team with him...oh man, I start to get a warm tingly feeling in my nethers. Can't get too excited and be left with nothing.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2015, 11:00:31 AM »
That's part of why I'm not assuming Henry will be back, because when I think of next year's team with him...oh man, I start to get a warm tingly feeling in my nethers. Can't get too excited and be left with nothing.

Do want to have a pair of blue basketballs, ai na?

That is my first and last ai na joke
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 11:02:33 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2015, 11:01:32 AM »
Do want to have a pair of blue basketballs, I'm really a badger fan?

That is my first and last I'm really a badger fan joke

This is a fantastic use of the auto correct feature. Well done mods
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2015, 02:55:17 PM »
The Marquette Effect:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/college/basketball/men/badgers-men-s-basketball-sophomore-guard-riley-dearring-announces-he/article_83773c40-7a56-5009-8787-f0a637613bd9.html

Dearring, a third-year sophomore guard, announced the departure in a statement on his Twitter account on Sunday night.

“I am truly grateful to the University of Wisconsin for the opportunity, but I feel it’s best for me if I continue my career elsewhere,” Dearring said. “I want to thank all my current and former teammates for all the great memories! I want to thank all the fans for their support. I will cherish every second I was able to spend here but I need to move forward. I wish the program the best of luck in the future!”

Dearring appeared in 18 career games for the Badgers. He played 45 minutes and scored 13 points during that time.

After redshirting and playing sparingly last season, the door was open for more playing time this season on a young team. But Dearring, who was slowed by injuries his first two seasons, was quickly passed up by freshman swingman Khalil Iverson and has played a total of six minutes in three games for the Badgers (6-5).

The 6-foot-5 Dearring was a finalist for the Mr. Basketball award in Minnesota as a senior after averaging 19.2 points while leading Minnetonka High School to a 20-5 record.

Dearring was the second player to commit in UW’s 2013 recruiting class. He followed Bronson Koenig in a class that eventually grew to include Jordan Hill, Vitto Brown and Nigel Hayes.

UW was the only high-major program to offer Dearring when he committed in July 2012. His other offers at the time were from Drake and Illinois State.

Dearring is the third scholarship player to leave the UW program since the end of the 2011-12 season, joining transfers Jarrod Uthoff (Iowa) and George Marshall (South Dakota State).
SS Marquette

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2015, 10:22:12 AM »
Sorry - didn't know where else to put this, but glanced at a Badger Board post, and wanted to share:

When bo gets tired of coaching, it will be a great loss for everyone; not just badger basketball. I selfishly hope he'd be interested in doing TV studio work or something because (when he wants to be) he's just as witty and charming as Al and I'd like to continue seeing Bo on TV.

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/83400/Wis-St-Jrnl-Letter-Editor-Fan-base-turning-coach-Bo#.VnA9Va9XerU
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2015, 10:23:08 AM »
Sorry - didn't know where else to put this, but glanced at a Badger Board post, and wanted to share:

When bo gets tired of coaching, it will be a great loss for everyone; not just badger basketball. I selfishly hope he'd be interested in doing TV studio work or something because (when he wants to be) he's just as witty and charming as Al and I'd like to continue seeing Bo on TV.

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/83400/Wis-St-Jrnl-Letter-Editor-Fan-base-turning-coach-Bo#.VnA9Va9XerU

Bo has about as much charm as a prostate exam.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2015, 03:10:26 PM »
Saw that too. That was phenomenal. Aside from 2 wide open 3s. Koenig sucked today.

One of which was JJ falling asleep on defense.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2015, 03:19:58 PM »

When bo gets tired of coaching, it will be a great loss for everyone; not just badger basketball. I selfishly hope he'd be interested in doing TV studio work or something because (when he wants to be) he's just as witty and charming as Al

Holy crap.  That is either the most delusional or disingenuous post I have seen in some time.    :o

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2015, 04:44:07 PM »
Holy crap.  That is either the most delusional or disingenuous post I have seen in some time.    :o
And then some. Bo is a Bo...zo!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2015, 07:11:02 PM »
And then some. Bo is a Bo...zo!

Bozo had better hair.   ;)
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.