[Today at 05:15:30 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: So what do you all think Wojo has learned from his first season as Coach?  (Read 35897 times)

GGGG

• All American
Oops my fault .... I'm speaking from facts and truth that some on here may not know about. So with that I'll let it rest ..... Go MARQUETTE !!!

You aren't speaking anything.  You are making implications and veiled observations.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
makes a lot of sense if you don't jump to your own conclusion

Man, you write some weird crap. I've been around MU basketball a long time. I've seen and witnessed all types of parents come in the program, stay in the program, leave the program, never to be heard again in the program, etc. You take the cake in terms of psychedelic weird $hit stylings.

In the end, I hope the sacking of Layer doesn't screw young Dawson too much with the new coach. Changes in that position can create instability for young men.

dddawson

• Walk-On
He's still working hard and appreciating opportunity

NotBuzzWilliams

• Starter
Wojo to Depaul and Doc Rivers to MU

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
He's still working hard and appreciating opportunity
Looking forward to seeing John do well at Liberty. Great young man who is working hard at his craft.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

SuddenSam

• Starter
No doubt the JD transfer is front of mind with Wojo and will have a profound effect on his career at MU.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Simply saying this has always been a business and that all involved have to be wise and not selfish ..... No need to get upset

No, you aren't. You are a troll. You are here to rile up a fanbase and to snipe at the coaching staff that you feel treated your son poorly. You are here to spout cryptic, critical statements with an overwhelmingly heavy dose of "I told you so" when in all honesty, you really never told us all that much. But more than anything, you sure seem to be here to make you feel better about yourself from your pedestal.

If you're bitter, if you're upset, take it up with the coaching staff. If you want to incite a fanbase, how about trying to positively incite the Liberty fanbase about your son's potential rather than trying to negatively incite this fanbase that, until Buzz came along, you were never a part of?

If anyone is getting upset, it is because YOU are making them upset. Stop talking about how wise you are (isn't humility a virtue?) and pay more attention to where your son's career is going rather than where it's been.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

willie warrior

• All American

I think Preacher Dawson should STFU and hang out on Liberty's boards.  I'm sure he has a lot to say about how a team should handle a coaching changes and that wisdom would be most welcome.
Whatever he wants to say, you will attack. But it is OK for you to spout your wisdom. Double standard time for the Sultan of Swing.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Blackhat

• All American
Losing Dawson is disastrous.

Losing an NBAer like Dave Singleton was tough too.

GOO

• All American
I've kind of assumed that Ners has been the Dawson inner circle view exposed ad nauseam on these boards as to their perceived talent level of John.  

Gives us some insight into the stuff that these players are fed and the headache that coach's must have a to deal with.... patience and earning things seems to be something that has been lost in our society in general, but more so amongst athletes (this last sentence if more a general comment and not directed at John or his circle because I have no inside info and don't know them, other than through Ners posts).

If Ners posts were representative of John's inner circle's advice and outlook, it was good that he left MU.  Maybe the next coach will be the key and get what they see and others don't, I don't know.  Hopefully the move is a good one for him and it all works out, especially off the court (this is really the key, use basketball to get a free degree and put yourself ahead in life).  

GGGG

• All American
Whatever he wants to say, you will attack. But it is OK for you to spout your wisdom. Double standard time for the Sultan of Swing.

I'm not a parent of a former player.  You really have a basic misunderstanding of logic.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
I've kind of assumed that Ners has been the Dawson inner circle

On the under board?

AirPunches

• All American
IMO Dawson was in way over his head. He couldn't see the floor with 2 different coaching staffs and the lack of interest when he transferred was telling. I think he is now at a suitable level that fits his talent level and I hope he has a successful last couple of years.

willie warrior

• All American

I'm not a parent of a former player.  You really have a basic misunderstanding of logic.
No, sorry I do not. But I do have a basic understanding that you are illogical.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
No, sorry I do not. But I do have a basic understanding that you are illogical.

The "I know you are but what am I" response.

willie warrior

• All American
The "I know you are but what am I" response.
Sure Brew. Blast a kid's dad for posting here his opinions. But yours are OK, right? The thought police mentality becomes you and Sultan.

GGGG

• All American
Sure Brew. Blast a kid's dad for posting here his opinions. But yours are OK, right? The thought police mentality becomes you and Sultan.

Yes, I will blast a transfer's dad for posting veiled references here, especially considering his potential bias.  If you got a problem with that, report me to the mods.