'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dwyane Wade Done?  (Read 23889 times)

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
Dwyane Wade Done?
« on: June 13, 2014, 12:02:39 AM »
I think D Wade is nearing the end of the line. He has literally no explosion left and he really looks to be slowing down. I think he will be out of the league within 2 years. He's had a great career though and hopefully will be a great ambassador for MU hoops when he retires. I will also say, I don't like him nearly as much as I did as when he played for MU or his first couple of years in the NBA. He seems like he has really ratcheted up the diva personality. He will always be a legend though and a great Warrior!

martyconlonontherun

• All American
Re: Dwyane Wade Done?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 12:10:55 AM »
When Wade lost his legs tonight it was really pitiful to watch. Whined after every non-call and was constantly the last guy back on d. He doesn't seem to have the fight of athleticism that made him special.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 01:28:36 AM »
When Wade lost his legs tonight it was really pitiful to watch. Whined after every non-call and was constantly the last guy back on d. He doesn't seem to have the fight of athleticism that made him special.

Wade was fouled a lot tonight when he went to the rim.  Most of his misses should have been called a foul.  L

As for being the last guy back on d…I disagree that would have been Lebron, who stood around watching everyone else play horrible D tonight.  Wade had 4 steals…he did struggle a lot as the Spurs put a lot of pressure on the defense with their ball rotations and how they attack the rim, essentially the opposite of the Heat.

The Heat stand around on offense.  The ball stagnates in Lebron's hands allowing the Spurs to actually rest on defense.  There was no urgency by the heat to attack the rim, rather just dribbling at the top of the key forever.  Any attack of the rim by Lebron involved backing the other play in for 5-10 seconds with no ball movement.  If you don't attack the defense and make them move in the NBA, your opponent will have fresh legs and shred your defense.  That is exactly what has happened the last two games.

Fresh legs (Spurs) against tired legs (Heat).

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 07:16:10 AM »
Fresh legs (Spurs) against tired legs (Heat).

Which is kind of funny considering that the Spurs played more games during the playoffs than the heat and are probably the older team in this series.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 07:31:06 AM »
Time for MU to add another assistant.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 07:34:07 AM »
Nah, that mofo @ IU will snatch his ass up first, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 07:36:07 AM »
Which is kind of funny considering that the Spurs played more games during the playoffs than the heat and are probably the older team in this series.

Spurs are much deeper.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 08:06:16 AM »
Nah, that mofo @ IU will snatch his ass up first, hey?

Already has a collection of shorts, so you're probably right. #TheMovement #i4
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 08:06:28 AM »
I have read that Wade has a poor off-season work ethic.  Now I will give that his career (5 NBA Finals trips, US Nat'l team) does not give him much off season but you have to wonder how he could just watch his career fade away like this.  When Kobe or MJ lost their athleticism they reinvented their game.  Wade just b!tches to the refs.

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 08:22:30 AM »
spurs are much smarter...

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 08:46:13 AM »
He's not what he once was... but I don't think I'd say he's "done".

Some people said similar things last year, and then he had some big playoff games.

HOWEVER, it's clear he has taken a pounding through the years, so he probably does have to learn some new tricks. Ironically, he's a fantastic passer/distributor when he wants to be, so I wonder if he could become more of a facilitator instead of a scorer.

EDIT:

While he hasn't looked good in the finals, look at his numbers from the regular season.

Very efficient in a more limited role.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/wadedw01.html

Not sure what the next evolution for him could be. Tough to ask a guy to be much better than shooting 55%, scoring 19 and having 4.5reb and 4.5ast.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 08:49:37 AM by Guns n Ammo »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 09:06:15 AM »

Some people said similar things last year, and then he had some big playoff games.

HOWEVER, it's clear he has taken a pounding through the years, so he probably does have to learn some new tricks. Ironically, he's a fantastic passer/distributor when he wants to be, so I wonder if he could become more of a facilitator instead of a scorer.

EDIT:

While he hasn't looked good in the finals, look at his numbers from the regular season.

Not sure what the next evolution for him could be. Tough to ask a guy to be much better than shooting 55%, scoring 19 and having 4.5reb and 4.5ast.

Excellent analysis, G&A.

Wade's detractors could say that his efficiency was aided by the fact that he played in less than 3/4 of the team's games as he was given frequent nights off to rest. It certainly takes away from his value if you can't count on a player to give you at least 75 games.

That being said, I would think Wade can make a great living playing at a pretty high level for a couple/few more years.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 09:08:27 AM »
Don't understand the hate for Wade, but I don't watch the NBA so I guess I don't know how bad it really is.

Also would be interested to hear what he's eating. Diet plays a significant role in athletic performance. One of the reasons Kobe seems to be still going strong is that he's embraced a real food lifestyle.

LBJ is probably also chronically low on magnesium. Very common with cramping problems.

You'd think billion dollar franchises would hire dieting and nutrition experts with a modicum of common sense.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 09:09:16 AM »

Depth

This one was easy to call....Spurs in 5 called a week or so ago. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 09:11:31 AM »
I have read that Wade has a poor off-season work ethic.  Now I will give that his career (5 NBA Finals trips, US Nat'l team) does not give him much off season but you have to wonder how he could just watch his career fade away like this.  When Kobe or MJ lost their athleticism they reinvented their game.  Wade just b!tches to the refs.

The cat spends the off season countin' his bread. That's hard work, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 09:11:43 AM »
Don't understand the hate for Wade, but I don't watch the NBA so I guess I don't know how bad it really is.

Also would be interested to hear what he's eating. Diet plays a significant role in athletic performance. One of the reasons Kobe seems to be still going strong is that he's embraced a real food lifestyle.

LBJ is probably also chronically low on magnesium. Very common with cramping problems.

You'd think billion dollar franchises would hire dieting and nutrition experts with a modicum of common sense.

Trust me, these guys are eating right and the staffs know what they are doing.  Some people have imperfections where diet helps tremendously but cannot overcome all issues.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 09:13:14 AM »

The cat spends the off season countin' his bread. That's hard work, hey?

And smashing Gabrielle Union which I'm sure is quite the workout
Bring back FFP!!!

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 09:15:18 AM »

EDIT:

He should absolutely be playing PG for this team. Chalmers and Cole can't hit open threes and haven't a clue how to create for others, run an offense, or put pressure on a defense. The only time the Heat have looked remotely competitive the last two games was the third quarter of game 3 when Wade was running the 1. He's a willing passer, just have him facilitate. Can't believe Spoelstra didn't watch tape of game 3 and see that himself. He's getting absolutely schooled this series.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2014, 09:15:55 AM »

EDIT:

He looks really washed up to me. I'm sure he could play 5 more seasons and put up some stats, but he is a shell of his former shelf. I think you get a much better gauge of where a player is at in the playoffs, than you do in the regular season. There are so many crappy teams, especially in the Eastern Conference that his regular season stats don't really tell the whole story. I think Wade is too prideful to try and hang on when his skills erode, at least I hope so. I think he plays next year and then 1 more and he's done. Wade will go down as a relentless warrior and one of the great players of my generation.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2014, 09:17:36 AM »
Depth

This one was easy to call....Spurs in 5 called a week or so ago. 

And you've patted yourself on the back for it multiple times since.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2014, 09:17:53 AM »

He's also a few inches shorter than those guys, so developing their late career post up games would be tough.  Also, no disrespect to Wade, but both those guys were much better spot up shooters, also helpful.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2014, 09:21:30 AM »
I agree Wade has to reinvent his game. If he refuses to be anything but a superstar who commands superstar money, he probably is done.

But if he does reinvent his game, and is a solid contributor instead of THE star on a given team, and is willingly to accept money befitting that role on a team, he could easily be in the NBA another 5-7 years. Dude is only 32 years old.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2014, 09:44:22 AM »
He's not a max contract guy anymore, but he's still has a few seasons left in the tank.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2014, 09:54:47 AM »
I agree Wade has to reinvent his game. If he refuses to be anything but a superstar who commands superstar money, he probably is done.

But if he does reinvent his game, and is a solid contributor instead of THE star on a given team, and is willingly to accept money befitting that role on a team, he could easily be in the NBA another 5-7 years. Dude is only 32 years old.

Money is not really the issue.  LBJ, Bosh & Wade are all playing at below market value.  And he's already ceded the superstar role to LBJ.  What he hasn't done is use his incredible basketball talent to play the game differently and help the team in a new way.  It's like he refuses to realize he's near the end of the line, he feels like every missed basket, assignment is the refs fault, not father time.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2014, 09:58:21 AM »

Yep, he needs to re-invent.  My son and I were having the exact same discussion as we were watching the game today.  Two or 3 times when in the past he would have dunked over people or made a tough layup, he either lost the ball or threw it outside.  He needs to either work on his 3 pointers so he can space the floor better or work on becoming a pure Jason Kidd style point guard.  If he does either, he could play 5 more years at a high level. 25 mins per game and a serious contributor in the playoffs.  Kind of a Vince Carter or Ray Allen role where he drives twice a game to keep the D honest.

I know how it feels to play on bad knees / no knees, and he looks like how I feel.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."