[Today at 11:36:18 AM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 11:23:04 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 08:37:46 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Charles Matthews chooses UK  (Read 29932 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Charles Matthews chooses UK
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2014, 11:12:16 AM »
He probably wanted to play more than 5-10 MPG as a Freshmen...

Jeronne Maymon averaged 16.3 mpg as a frosh before he left.  Vander Blue averaged 19.0 mpg as a freshman. And Todd Mayo averaged 21.1 mpg as a freshman.  Buzz will play freshmen who earn the minutes.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2014, 11:18:46 AM »
Jeronne Maymon averaged 16.3 mpg as a frosh before he left.  Vander Blue averaged 19.0 mpg as a freshman. And Todd Mayo averaged 21.1 mpg as a freshman.  Buzz will play freshmen who earn the minutes.

Reggie Smith was starting before he left.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2014, 11:21:27 AM »

....but not getting starter's minutes.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2014, 11:21:48 AM »
Yeah for about 3 minutes each half. And that blew up in Buzz's face.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2014, 11:27:40 AM »
If that is what they have been thinking then the reading of the signs would say Stone also goes to Crooktucky.

Fact is lots of players say they will do this and almost none of them actually do it.  The rarity might by #1 Jahlil Okafor and #4 Tyus Jones conspiring to go to Duke.

Is Matthews texting his good buddy Diamond Stone telling him to join him at UK?  Yes.  But so is Diamond's close friends Duane Wilson and Detonte Burton about coming to MU.

And remember that Matthews good buddy DJ Williams, from Simeon and a Illini recruit was begging him to go to champaign last night via twitter.  How did that work out?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2014, 11:28:28 AM »
       ....but not getting starter's minutes.

True but we are not sure where that was going as he left.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2014, 11:31:16 AM »
Fact is lots of players say they will do this and almost none of them actually do it.  The rarity might by #1 Jahlil Okafor and #4 Tyus Jones conspiring to go to Duke.

Is Matthews texting his good buddy Diamond Stone telling him to join him at UK?  Yes.  But so is Diamond's close friends Duane Wilson and Detonte Burton about coming to MU.

And remember that Matthews good buddy DJ Williams, from Simeon and a Illini recruit was begging him to go to champaign last night via twitter.  How did that work out?
And you know who is texting who..how?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2014, 11:31:53 AM »
If that is what they have been thinking then the reading of the signs would say Stone also goes to Crooktucky.

24/7's crystal ball predictions are made by national recruiting guys and guys who specialize in a particular school.  It seems to me that the local guys have better insight on what's happening with the schools they follow.  As Sultan pointed out last night, Mark Miller who follows Marquette predicted that Matthews would pick Kentucky.

Two guys who follow Kentucky have made crystal ball predictions for Stone going to Marquette, so Kentucky doesn't have me worried regarding Stone.  I think that the "package deal" talk of Stone and Matthews coming to Marquette together started more because they were both rating Marquette highly than that they were necessarily committed to going to school together.

Just noticed that yesterday Evan Flood who follows Wisconsin recruiting picked Stone to go to North Carolina.  Good news: it looks like Bucky might be conceding defeat.  Bad news: this is the first crystal ball prediction since the first of the year to not go Marquette's way.  Is North Carolina coming on strong?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 11:39:23 AM by LittleMurs »

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2014, 11:36:30 AM »
And you know who is texting who..how?

tweeting (form of texting) see his twitter account of the other Matthews thread, several posts about it.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2014, 11:52:19 AM »
Attention current students:
Someone who owns a UK hat needs to post a parody video of the doofballs at Illinois reacting to the Alexander announcement.
Extra points for creative fake-suicides.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2014, 12:05:19 PM »
Hey, that means that we finished ahead of Michigan State, Kansas, and Illinois.  I can't think of when that has ever happened before.

WE'RE #2
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Sunbelt15

• All American
Re: Charles Matthews chooses UK :(
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2014, 12:10:52 PM »
true. Milwaukee do need to start producing top recruits like Looney and Stone

Now it's time for Marquette to butter his bread like Kentucky would. Offer the perks.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2014, 12:39:40 PM »
Now it's time for Marquette to butter his bread like Kentucky would. Offer the perks.

Absolutely not. Marquette should never lower itself to Kentucky's standards. What they do is unethical, illegal, and will eventually get their championships vacated. We are better that. I'm surprised anyone on here would even think to suggest this
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2014, 12:39:56 PM »
im with u. I understood what u meant

Theres too many clowns to reply to the whole circus. I know what I meant also forget em. They all old and bitter he aint come here so im the target of their replies. Change your Depends take yall vitamins and have a good day.

brandx

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2014, 12:43:29 PM »
I didn't say anything about Buzz you did..... Remember that... All I said is maybe as the #11 ranked player he actually wants to play as a Freshmen... To some people College is "NOT" a 4 year process and they just want to play a Year or 2 and go pro.... If thats the case then why not go to Memphis, Kentucky or Duke play one and be done... You don't know me from anywhere dont question my personal opinion on the subject you loser..

No - just inferred it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2014, 12:44:03 PM »
Theres too many clowns to reply to the whole circus. I know what I meant also forget em. They all old and bitter he aint come here so im the target of their replies. Change your Depends take yall vitamins and have a good day.

If you don't want to be treated like a child, don't make childish comments.

And no one is coming down in you because we are bitter about Charles Matthews going elsewhere.  We are coming down on you for something *you* said.

Either own up to it or step off.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2014, 12:45:47 PM »
Absolutely not. Marquette should never lower itself to Kentucky's standards. What they do is unethical, illegal, and will eventually get their championships vacated. We are better that. I'm surprised anyone on here would even think to suggest this

Says who?  Cal has proven that if you want to go to the NBA, you play for him.  He puts his bench players in the first round of the NBA draft.  If I were a top 10 recruit, with the dorm they have there on top of that fact, there's nowhere else I would even consider.  Back at UMass when he was an unknown commodity he had to cheat to make it to the top.  At Memphis he had to cheat because he was a known cheater.  Then he got a job at arguably a top 3 basketball program in the country to go along with his ability to put players in the NBA and he doesn't have a need to cheat.  I would be very surprised if Cal was cheating at Kentucky.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brandx

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2014, 12:48:50 PM »

So let me get this straight. You are bad mouthing Kentucky because you say they break the rules. But you want MU to break the rules, so.... then you can accuse MU of being cheaters or so you can look the other way?

brandx

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2014, 12:49:48 PM »

Sadly, I'm not surprised.

brandx

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2014, 12:51:47 PM »

If you don't want to be treated like a child, don't make childish comments.

And no one is coming down in you because we are bitter about Charles Matthews going elsewhere.  We are coming down on you for something *you* said.

Either own up to it or step off.

Sultan - he has a great grasp of the proper usage of the English language, though ;D

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2014, 12:56:52 PM »
Says who?  Cal has proven that if you want to go to the NBA, you play for him.  He puts his bench players in the first round of the NBA draft.  If I were a top 10 recruit, with the dorm they have there on top of that fact, there's nowhere else I would even consider.  Back at UMass when he was an unknown commodity he had to cheat to make it to the top.  At Memphis he had to cheat because he was a known cheater.  Then he got a job at arguably a top 3 basketball program in the country to go along with his ability to put players in the NBA and he doesn't have a need to cheat.  I would be very surprised if Cal was cheating at Kentucky.

"He had to cheat because he was a known cheater"  Sound logic there. 

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2014, 12:56:57 PM »
Is Kentucky paying the luxury tax again next year?
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2014, 12:59:50 PM »

Guarantee that Cal doesn't require any of his players to go to class. At a University the size of Kentucky, you can hide players in joke classes. You can also offer "Sports Management" majors that are only available to athletes and the coaches are the professors.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2014, 01:01:23 PM »

Not apples to apples comparison....in that Buzz was really short on his guys at the time Maymon and Blue came...not a lot of "program guys" in the program...cupboard was bare after Crean left and Big 3 were gone.

Buzz has said that he prefers playing upperclassmen to freshman recently...or is partial to upperclassmen...wish I could remember where that was said..as I'd link it...but know he said it.

As for Blue's freshman year...can anyone say his on court performance warranted as many minutes as he got...he looked totally overmatched, especially once Big East play rolled around...then again, perhaps there is that notion of Buzz not having a better option..as has been debated here ad nasuem with regard to PG situation.

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2014, 01:06:04 PM »
Is Kentucky paying the luxury tax again next year?

They'll have to.  They've already used their exemption.