[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 12:46:07 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Charles Matthews chooses UK  (Read 29934 times)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Charles Matthews chooses UK :(
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2014, 12:52:27 PM »
not having to do the school work doesn't sit well for some reason.

That's what Engineers say about Biz Adders...

Death on call

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2014, 01:00:32 PM »
Cal cheats everywhere he goes. From buying players cars (DeJuan Wagner at Memphis) to having people take his players' ACTs, he is the scum of the coaching profession. A complete and utter sleazebag.
But how do you feel about male models?

brandx

Re: Charles Matthews chooses UK
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2014, 01:28:27 PM »
Is Kentucky in on him as well? Hopefully not! I wonder if we were having a great season this year if it would have impacted Matthews decision at all?

Kentucky is in a position that they don't worry about 2016 players. I feel that even tho MU is the leader for Stone right now, Kentucky is still the favorite to land him. They will start their push for him in the summer. They don't have to develop "relationships" when recruiting like other schools do. they find guys who want to get to the NBA as soon as possible and let them know that they will have the best opportunity at Kentucky.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2014, 01:36:05 PM »
Kentucky is in a position that they don't worry about 2016 players. I feel that even tho MU is the leader for Stone right now, Kentucky is still the favorite to land him. They will start their push for him in the summer. They don't have to develop "relationships" when recruiting like other schools do. they find guys who want to get to the NBA as soon as possible and let them know that they will have the best opportunity at Kentucky.

I agree that they don't worry about future recruits that far in advance. It is however kind of disheartening that they don't have to put in the work of other teams and are just able to swoop in. I guess it is what it is and that's what we have to deal with. They are my most hated team like the Yankees in baseball!

brandx

« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2014, 01:41:54 PM »
I agree that they don't worry about future recruits that far in advance. It is however kind of disheartening that they don't have to put in the work of other teams and are just able to swoop in. I guess it is what it is and that's what we have to deal with. They are my most hated team like the Yankees in baseball!

+1 And nothing bugs me more than hearing how hard of a job the Yankees GM has.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2014, 02:06:29 PM »

It's the American way! The rich get richer.  ;)

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2014, 02:34:57 PM »
It's the American way! The rich get richer.  ;)

Mainly because most poor won't change their bad habits (overspending, low or no goals, etc.)

brandx

« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2014, 03:00:53 PM »
Mainly because most poor won't change their bad habits (overspending, low or no goals, etc.)

The Yankees got $85 million in TV rights fees in 2013, with a 5% increase annually in that rate for 30 years. That means that by 2042, the club will be making $367 million per year just to have their games shown on TV.

the Brewers got about $12 mil. in 2013.  $85mil to $12 mil and you chalk that up to the Brewers bad habits and lack of goals?

Ridiculous statement!!!!!!

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2014, 03:04:06 PM »
That's what Engineers say about Biz Adders...

We've got jobs, we've got jobs
Working for us, working for us.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2014, 03:55:01 PM »
The Yankees got $85 million in TV rights fees in 2013, with a 5% increase annually in that rate for 30 years. That means that by 2042, the club will be making $367 million per year just to have their games shown on TV.

the Brewers got about $12 mil. in 2013.  $85mil to $12 mil and you chalk that up to the Brewers bad habits and lack of goals?

Ridiculous statement!!!!!!

Was speaking more to rich people as a whole and why the poor stay poor, not the Yankees specifically.

brandx

« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2014, 04:07:14 PM »
Was speaking more to rich people as a whole and why the poor stay poor, not the Yankees specifically.

You're right - sometimes that is the case. Many other times, it is because middle to upper class kids have so many more opportunities than those living in poverty from the time they are born.

But when given an equal opportunity, as they generally are in sports, we see the poor succeed quite a bit more often than those that aren't born poor.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2014, 05:19:48 PM »
But how do you feel about male models?
They worked well for Norman Rockwell.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2014, 07:31:08 PM »
You're right - sometimes that is the case. Many other times, it is because middle to upper class kids have so many more opportunities than those living in poverty from the time they are born.

But when given an equal opportunity, as they generally are in sports, we see the poor succeed quite a bit more often than those that aren't born poor.

This sounds anecdotal....especially without the definition of succeed, poor, etc

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2014, 07:35:43 PM »

Holy Crap.  Welcome to MUSCOOP.fox

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2014, 07:55:49 PM »
We've got jobs, we've got jobs
Working for us, working for us.

Ha, you must be an '83 alum!

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2014, 08:11:14 PM »
Holy Crap.  Welcome to MUSCOOP.fox
well this thread certainly went in a different direction...

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2014, 09:01:33 PM »

The poor! Those bastards!