[Today at 06:37:26 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Aaron Durley  (Read 24414 times)

kmwtrucks

• All American
Re: Aaron Durley
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2011, 11:46:59 PM »
btw, mcgary was a early offer by us 2 years ago and they hoped he was a high major.  Now he is 2 in the country and a lottery pick. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2011, 12:18:56 AM »
First of all, you're trying to do some revisionist history. This is what you first said:

This is what you are insinuating you first said:

Do you see the difference? Absolutely nowhere in your original post did you refer to "actually offered a scholarship" and posting the ESPN link in the first post doesn't support that because the only school listed as offering a scholarship there is Marquette.

You have developed a reputation for attacking Buzz and defending Crean. If that's your gig, fine, do what you like. But understand that doing that will build a reputation. Buzz, as our current coach, is seen as pro-Marquette. Crean, as the coach that snuck out Art Modell style, only telling us he was leaving from an Indiana podium, is seen as anti-Marquette. I could care less if either is accurate, the bottom line is that's the perception. This board is pro-Marquette. Do you see where posts like your initial one might come under criticism, especially when you contradict yourself so quickly?

When you always come across as critical (which most of your posts appear to be) people will read in criticism to your other posts whether it's there or not. In this case, your criticism was very thinly veiled. Suffice to say, you wouldn't have bothered to make any statement of the sort if the articles you read had said Texas A&M, Kansas State, and Arizona.

There are dozens of sources. The multiple links we both posted prove that. I asked seriously if you were a friend of the family because I don't think that you can judge the validity of which reports are accurate without that kind of connection. I also pointed out that the articles you posted with no provocation from me included information (K-State) that corresponded with the articles I posted. And I maintain you have no logical cause to dispute any of that.

I still fail to understand why you are trying to draw this line in the sand, why you are trying to change what you originally said from "recruited by" to "offered by". Buzz got a big that is attracting a lot of interest. I consider that a win. Why try to criticize it?

I believe that qualifies as a massive "pwned."
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2011, 08:04:59 AM »
Hoopaloop is not Chicos. 

As the Pudge nickname passed to Ivan Rodriguez upon Carlton Fisk's retirement, so shall the Chicos nickname pass from whomever Chicos is to whomever Hoopaloop is.

Chicos isn't really a person...more a way of being.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2011, 08:59:34 AM »
As the Pudge nickname passed to Ivan Rodriguez upon Carlton Fisk's retirement, so shall the Chicos nickname pass from whomever Chicos is to whomever Hoopaloop is.

What I remember Chicos doing and getting banned for is not what Hoopaloop was doing.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2011, 09:07:37 AM »

Good analogy...and true..

What I remember Chicos doing and getting banned for is not what Hoopaloop was doing.

Yes - so long as Hoopaloop doesn't go all combative and disrespectful of the moderators who created and run this site, his continued anti-Marquette/passive aggressive posts will be tolerated as were *most* of Chicos.  If you want to get a good sense of Mr. Hoopaloop take 15 minutes and read his post history - his track record speaks for itself.

While a Marquette education may value thinking for one's self, and developing critical thinking skills as Hoopaloop argues - in that same set of skills should be an ability to not see ALL things pessimistically. 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2011, 09:08:06 AM »
Better be nicer to Hoopaloop, boys, or he'll take his ball and go home. Can Scoop survive another of his boycotts? Wait...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2011, 09:57:30 AM »

I know.  I'm just kinda being a jerk.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2011, 12:20:20 PM »

excellent analogy

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2011, 12:57:59 PM »

Wow, so the Moderators actually made him stronger by banning him.  What do you call an evil version of a martyr?

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2011, 01:35:33 PM »
Wow, so the Moderators actually made him stronger by banning him.  What do you call an evil version of a martyr?

Mini Me?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2011, 01:39:59 PM »

Satan?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2011, 02:55:45 PM »
Kaiser Sose?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2011, 07:49:04 PM »
First of all, you're trying to do some revisionist history. This is what you first said:

This is what you are insinuating you first said:

Do you see the difference? Absolutely nowhere in your original post did you refer to "actually offered a scholarship" and posting the ESPN link in the first post doesn't support that because the only school listed as offering a scholarship there is Marquette.

I'm 100% certain you will not believe me, but the original intent of my original statement was in reference to who had actually offered a scholarship.  Shame on me for saying recruiting.  Obviously a nit that you are picking but I left myself open to that with the way I phrased it.

You have developed a reputation for attacking Buzz and defending Crean. If that's your gig, fine, do what you like. But understand that doing that will build a reputation. Buzz, as our current coach, is seen as pro-Marquette. Crean, as the coach that snuck out Art Modell style, only telling us he was leaving from an Indiana podium, is seen as anti-Marquette. I could care less if either is accurate, the bottom line is that's the perception. This board is pro-Marquette. Do you see where posts like your initial one might come under criticism, especially when you contradict yourself so quickly?

I have a total of 81 posts on this message board and have mentioned Tom Crean two times.  In fact, I did not mention him at all in this thread but you implied that I did.  Maybe I should be picking a nit with you!  I said "previous coaches" (PLURAL) because the fact of the matter is that Deane, O'Neil, Crean, Dukiet and Majerus were ripped on by fans (pre Internet and current) about landing players that were offered by schools of marginal pedigree. 

Yes, the former coach left, so will Buzz Williams some day.  So did Rick Majerus.  So did Al McGuire.  So did Kevin O'Neill.  Coaches leave.  Majerus, O'Neill, Crean all left MU with not a whole lot of grace in their departure.  But you were the one that singled in on Crean and implied I was defending him or having some pro commentary about him.  You are incorrect. 

When you always come across as critical (which most of your posts appear to be) people will read in criticism to your other posts whether it's there or not. In this case, your criticism was very thinly veiled. Suffice to say, you wouldn't have bothered to make any statement of the sort if the articles you read had said Texas A&M, Kansas State, and Arizona.

Always?  Appears someone has a nit to pick again.  Always has a definitional change apparently.

There are dozens of sources. The multiple links we both posted prove that. I asked seriously if you were a friend of the family because I don't think that you can judge the validity of which reports are accurate without that kind of connection. I also pointed out that the articles you posted with no provocation from me included information (K-State) that corresponded with the articles I posted. And I maintain you have no logical cause to dispute any of that.

I have not disputed it.  My question is why the Milwaukee Journal writer would not do justice of the recruiters and include the other schools.  Same with the Texas writer.  It is good to hear other schools of more prominence were recruiting him.  Perhaps some even offered a scholarship.  This is all great to hear.  My "bit of disappointment" has eroded knowing this.  My disappointment should shift to the MU beat writer who doesn't dig enough and expects the fans of the team to scour the internet for every article or have a family connection to understand who truly was recruiting and who truly offered the players we are trying to come to MU.

I still fail to understand why you are trying to draw this line in the sand, why you are trying to change what you originally said from "recruited by" to "offered by". Buzz got a big that is attracting a lot of interest. I consider that a win. Why try to criticize it?

If you go back and read what was originally stated.  "BIG KID".  That was statement one.  Then the audacity to say "a bit disappointed".  That is hardly a scathing attack, but what I believed to be a statement of opinion based on the factual evidence I had with the articles that I read.  As stated yesterday, some people need a hug.  One cannot even bring up a reasonable opinion based on the articles that are out there without the knives coming out. 
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2011, 07:55:54 PM »
Good analogy...and true..

Yes - so long as Hoopaloop doesn't go all combative and disrespectful of the moderators who created and run this site, his continued anti-Marquette/passive aggressive posts will be tolerated as were *most* of Chicos.  If you want to get a good sense of Mr. Hoopaloop take 15 minutes and read his post history - his track record speaks for itself.

While a Marquette education may value thinking for one's self, and developing critical thinking skills as Hoopaloop argues - in that same set of skills should be an ability to not see ALL things pessimistically. 

In reading some of your continued commentary what is striking to me is that despite the banishment of some folks and the volunteer withdrawl others have taken, you and a few others remain at the heart of many of the disputes here.

You and a few others are the common denominator.  It's striking because those that were banned or left on their own supposedly were the cause of the issues, yet you (and a few others) continue to be ones at the bottom of the scrum whenever a dust up happens here.  Why do you think that is? 

Pessimism all the time?  My opinion is that MU will finish 3rd in the conference this year.  Does that mean I am pessimistic because I didn't pick them 2nd or 1st? 

"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2011, 08:00:33 PM »
NT

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2011, 09:11:12 PM »
In reading some of your continued commentary what is striking to me is that despite the banishment of some folks and the volunteer withdrawl others have taken, you and a few others remain at the heart of many of the disputes here.

You and a few others are the common denominator.  It's striking because those that were banned or left on their own supposedly were the cause of the issues, yet you (and a few others) continue to be ones at the bottom of the scrum whenever a dust up happens here.  Why do you think that is? 

Pessimism all the time?  My opinion is that MU will finish 3rd in the conference this year.  Does that mean I am pessimistic because I didn't pick them 2nd or 1st? 

I will always be in a scrum with posers here, that post.  And there are FAR FEWER dustups as you call them, now that some of the posers/departed are banned/gone.  However, what I can assure is that in any thread that you interject your crap, yes, there will be a dustup.

And really?  Just 4 posts referencing Crean for you?  Yet another lie.  I counted about 12 of 81, and of the remaining 69 - about 50 that lamented Vander Blue, JUCO's, MU's handling of the sex assault allegations, and your absolute willingness to convict from the perspective of guilty until proven innocent.  Any potential topic you could latch on to, to crucify/criticize MU you did, and quite actively.  Generally, most alumni of a university support their school, give it the benefit of the doubt, and are not so eager to rake it over the coals.  Why the axe to grind?  Bad experience at MU? 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2011, 06:35:08 AM »

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2011, 08:47:10 AM »
Another thread that degenerates into name calling. What a surprise.  ::)

feedback