[Today at 06:46:15 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kahlil Mcdonald-New Marquette commit  (Read 44341 times)

GOMU1104

• All American
Re: Kahlil Mcdonald-New Marquette commit
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 08:32:21 AM »
Avalanche-The Lacy thing was a complicated situation, but as far as my track record, I have broken several commitments to Iowa State, and I think I was the first person to break the DJO commitment on this board.

You seem to be well connected, and you definitely did break the DJO commitment. However...multiple MU sources have stated that there is a long way to go, before this is a done deal. 

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 08:39:34 AM »
Perhaps Fulce's knee will never be 100% and he and Buzz know that. Next season Fulce will follow McMorrow and remain in school, but no basketball. Just a thought.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 09:05:53 AM »
Track record........as in predicting Johnnie Lacy to play for Bruce Pearl?

As Cy mentioned, he did have the first DJO report.  Note, I didn't say this was a done deal, just acknowledging that the info he's sharing is likely from a good source.  It's possible Kahlil has given Buzz a call to say he's coming, and Buzz is still trying to figure out of there's a spot for him.  

You have to have a little flexibility when it comes to this recruiting info, if we dismissed every "word on the street" that we got here, then we'd have to rename ourselves to MUNewsFromMarquette instead of MUScoop.  The latter is easier to type into a browser  ;D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 12:52:15 PM by rocky_warrior »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 09:44:20 AM »
As Cy mentioned, he did have the first DJO report.  Note, I didn't say this was a done deal, just acknowledging that the info he's sharing is likely from a god source. 

A god source?  You think Cy is placed *that* high???

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 10:51:13 AM »
Cy - Do you know Brett Favre?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 11:00:32 AM »
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 11:05:04 AM »
You seem to be well connected, and you definitely did break the DJO commitment. However...multiple MU sources have stated that there is a long way to go, before this is a done deal. 

In general, when some one is a reliable source, does that make them an unreliable person to have insider info?
My good friend is at the "top of the food chain" on Charlie Weiss's Notre Dame football staff and is extremely carefull about revealing any info about possible recruits.  W/o revealing specific connections to the MU b-ball staff, how does inside info posted on message boards help our cause?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2009, 11:13:21 AM »
... how does inside info posted on message boards help our cause?

We have a cause?

I'd say that MUScoop's "cause" during the summer is to keep us all occupied with BSing and hearsay until basketball starts up again.  Any info, true or otherwise, furthers that cause.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2009, 11:18:29 AM »
We have a cause?

I'd say that MUScoop's "cause" during the summer is to keep us all occupied with BSing and hearsay until basketball starts up again.  Any info, true or otherwise, furthers that cause.
In that case, I heard that John Wall was trying to get out of Kentucky so he could come play for Buzz.

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2009, 11:23:05 AM »
We have a cause?

I guess by cause I mean help grow MU into a perenial top 10 team.... I guess you're right about the fact MUScoop's cause is to keep us occupied and educated with MU info while we're chomping on the bit for b-ball season to start. 
I just wonder aloud how wise it is to reveal info regardless of whether it's rumor/hearsay or facts.  Regardless of that answer, it's damn entertaining!  It's like TMZ for MU basketball.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2009, 11:32:07 AM »
Mark Miller, who I trust implicitly on this stuff, seems to indicate that this is a long way off.   (I hope I'm not taking Mark's words out of context)

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2009, 11:59:22 AM »
Mark Miller, who I trust implicitly on this stuff, seems to indicate that this is a long way off.   (I hope I'm not taking Mark's words out of context)

Agreed. Mark is as reliable as they come.

Right now I'm guessing this is not going to happen. Will be tough to get him cleared for this season with it being so late in the summer.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2009, 12:10:40 PM »

A long way off - as in next year, or a long way off - as in he'll arrive just before classes start?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2009, 12:17:28 PM »
A long way off - as in next year, or a long way off - as in he'll arrive just before classes start?

He will have to comment, but my interpretation was a long way off from this happening (I assume commitment).  He may have meant something different, not sure.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2009, 12:51:07 PM »
I guess by cause I mean help grow MU into a perenial top 10 team....

If anyone thinks that we have anything to do in making that happen, they are sadly mistaken.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2009, 12:51:49 PM »
A god source?  You think Cy is placed *that* high???

No just his source ;)  I'll fix the typo.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2009, 01:00:40 PM »

If anyone thinks that we have anything to do in making that happen, they are sadly mistaken.

Message boards effect recruiting.  Anyone who doesn't believe that needs look only at the case of Terrence Boyd.  He's a top player that made his decision at least in part because of what fans said about him on a message board.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2009, 01:14:13 PM »
Message boards effect recruiting.  Anyone who doesn't believe that needs look only at the case of Terrence Boyd.  He's a top player that made his decision at least in part because of what fans said about him on a message board.

Ditto with Vander Blue.

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2009, 02:17:16 PM »

Obviously I'm not inferring that posting opinions and "scoops" on MU Scoop can help us become a top 10 program.  It's largely on the coaches/administrators/players to do that.  My goal is to represent MU well in my personal life and support our athletic programs along the way.  Alumni involvement can only bring positives to the school and b-ball program.  But to BMA and Lurch's point, we can affect recruiting efforts in a negative way on message boards.  This is a great forum though... it seems most are here for all the right reasons.     

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2009, 02:35:08 PM »
This is a great forum though... it seems most are here for all the right reasons.      

Except for my first post on this site when I posted:  Who the hell is Addyson Reese Williams?  I thought it was a recruit we signed and couldn't find info about him/her... I came to find out it was Buzz Williams new addition to the family... but that was after a few a*&holes started making a bunch of assumptions about me and went on my business website and ridiculed me...  but other than that, it's been good.  
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 03:51:52 PM by TomW1365 »

cyismydog

• Walk-On
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2009, 04:25:39 PM »
Guys, I'm not even a Marquette fan, I'm an Iowa State fan. This didn't come from Marquette, it came from another one of my sources. Just FYI, ISU recruited him pretty hard before we found out about his grade issues, but I've followed his recruiting pretty closely.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2009, 04:55:36 PM »
"grade issue"....   OK, Cy, you have now opened a whole new can of worms.   WHAT grade issue?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2009, 05:01:15 PM »
"grade issue"....   OK, Cy, you have now opened a whole new can of worms.   WHAT grade issue?

We should expect issues by now. Been plenty of that in the last 18-24 months.

And, cy, I wasn't having a go. I just read your info was good, looked at your history and noticed half of your posts were about Lacy going to Tennessee, and then posted about the track record.

Being right about the Odom commit means more then the Lacy miss because McDonald is in the same family of JUCOs.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2009, 05:01:35 PM »
He only took 11 credits his first semester in junior college. Since he did not qualify after high school he needs to complete two years of JC, which generally means he has to take 12 credits a semester. He did not play basketball his first year at JC, so he has sophomore status as far as eligibility. However, he needs a waiver from NCAA because he was one credit short his first semester and therefore has completed only 1 1/2 fulltime years without the waiver.

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2009, 05:01:59 PM »

the slope of his driveway?

feedback