[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: SMOKIN’: Marquette grad now top guy at Philip Morris USA  (Read 2756 times)

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
SMOKIN’: Marquette grad now top guy at Philip Morris USA
« on: June 05, 2017, 01:35:11 PM »
Philip Morris USA has new top executive

By JOHN REID BLACKWELL
   Richmond Times-Dispatch
   Jun 2, 2017

Tobacco giant Philip Morris USA has had a change in its top executive.

K.C. Crosthwaite has been named president and CEO of Philip Morris USA, the cigarette manufacturing subsidiary of Henrico County-based Altria Group Inc., the nation’s top tobacco company.

He replaces Clifford B. Fleet, who had served as president and CEO of Philip Morris USA since November 2013, a spokesman for the company said Friday.

“Cliff informed the company of his decision to leave in April,” Altria spokesman Steve Callahan said.

The company did not provide any other details.

Crosthwaite’s duties also include overseeing Altria’s cigar subsidiary, John Middleton. A graduate of Marquette University with an MBA from Providence College, he joined Philip Morris USA in 1997 and has held leadership roles in brand management and sales.

He previously served as vice president for strategy and business development and as vice president and general manager of the company’s Marlboro brand.

Fleet, a native of Charlottesville and a graduate of the College of William & Mary, joined Philip Morris USA in 1995 and held a variety of management and leadership positions in investor relations, sales, operations, market information and finance.

jblackwell@timesdispatch.com
(804) 775-8123
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 01:39:06 PM by MU Avenue »

GGGG

• All American
Re: SMOKIN’: Marquette grad now top guy at Philip Morris USA
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 03:00:30 PM »
1997 grad. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 03:07:16 PM »
Nice.

MO and PM are two of my favorite stocks. MO, arguably, is the greatest stock in the history of the market ... and it's still smokin' pretty darn good!

Glad to have a fellow Warrior at the helm!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 11:00:48 PM »
And he's a Providence alum. 

Looks like the Big East just found a new sponsor.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 11:07:09 PM »
What a great country!

Anyone can aspire to be the CEO of a company whose only goal is to make money dispensing death.

Hopefully, he is smart enough to not use his product.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 08:02:21 AM »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 08:42:48 AM »
Smokin' good news!!!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 09:07:47 AM »
We are... Marquette

'97 we the best
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 01:55:59 PM »
What a great country!

Anyone can aspire to be the CEO of a company whose only goal is to make money dispensing death.

Hopefully, he is smart enough to not use his product.

First I agree this is a great country, even though you were being sarcastic.   We enjoy many more freedoms here which we take for granted.
 Second with freedoms come personal responsibility.  I would never sacrifice freedom because some people CHOOSE to be reckless....(no, drugs strong enough to cause hallucination and impairment should not be legal.)

Third, is there any way to avoid death?  We all kick the can and  I think some people don't want to live till they are 70 and/or they enjoy it more than the risk they assume. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 02:55:32 PM »

First I agree this is a great country, even though you were being sarcastic.   We enjoy many more freedoms here which we take for granted.
 Second with freedoms come personal responsibility.  I would never sacrifice freedom because some people CHOOSE to be reckless....(no, drugs strong enough to cause hallucination and impairment should not be legal.)

Third, is there any way to avoid death?  We all kick the can and  I think some people don't want to live till they are 70 and/or they enjoy it more than the risk they assume.

#1. Thank you for recognizing my sarcasm.

#2. I agree with most of what you said - except for the part in parenthesis. Alcohol causes severe "impairment" and has caused hundreds of thousands of deaths - yet it is legal. If these people are free to choose their drug of choice (alcohol) despite its undeniable dangers, then the rest of us should have the same freedom whatever the choice may be.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 04:23:58 PM »
We all kick the can and  I think some people don't want to live till they are 70 and/or they enjoy it more than the risk they assume. 

So are you stating that some people smoke cigarettes knowing it might kill them but they want to die young anyway? Color me skeptical, I would suspect the majority would love to quit smoking if only it wasn't so damn hard to quit, unfortunately they got hooked.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 12:17:41 AM »
So are you stating that some people smoke cigarettes knowing it might kill them but they want to die young anyway? Color me skeptical, I would suspect the majority would love to quit smoking if only it wasn't so damn hard to quit, unfortunately they got hooked.

With all the info on how bad tobacco is, I think some people do make that choice consciously or subconsciously.  A lot of people don't want to be that 80 year old living in a home getting food fed to them.  Getting old is tough, I imagine.

feedback