[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: SIU Coach Rips His Team After Murray State Loss (Epic!)  (Read 2239 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
SIU Coach Rips His Team After Murray State Loss (Epic!)
« on: December 18, 2013, 07:31:54 AM »
Wow, did he unload on his team?

He really gets worked up around 1:30, almost (but not quite) Bobby Knight-ish

http://extramustard.si.com/2013/12/18/video-barry-hinson-rant-southern-illinois-murray-state-press-conference

Best quotes

I’ve been telling my wife this for years, size doesn’t matter.”
… He was talking rebounds, but still

“Our guards are awful. Our three starting guards had one assist and seven turnovers. They must think it’s a tax credit. IT’S UNBELIEVABLE HOW OUR STARTING GUARDS PLAYED. “

“My wife…MY WIFE…can score more than two buckets on 11 shots because I KNOW my wife will AT LEAST SHOT FAKE one time.”

“There was a sniper in the gym. Didn’t you see that? We had guys falling down. We had a guy snipered at half-court. Two guys snipered at half-court. It was unbelievable. I would’ve thought Navy Seal Team 6 was out there.”

“I mean, you saw how we turned the ball over. We made three turnovers tonight where we just came down and threw them the ball. I swear, I thought one time that one of our players said, ‘Merry Christmas.’ I thought it was a gift. I thought they signed the package over.”

JWags85

• All American
Re: SIU Coach Rips His Team After Murray State Loss (Epic!)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 09:45:56 AM »
“My wife…MY WIFE…can score more than two buckets on 11 shots because I KNOW my wife will AT LEAST SHOT FAKE one time.”

That made me laugh.

Fun fact, Barry Hinson's brother was my manager at an internship in college.  Grizzled throwback trader, always with a dip in.  Seeing this clip and remembering how he used to ramble about stuff at times, not entirely surprising the family similarities.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 02:14:40 PM »
Spectacular!

Can you imagine what this guy would have had to say about our guards after OSU and Wisconsin? Wow!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 06:57:41 PM »
Another AD trying to make public comments to straighten out his coach.  The horror

""I know he's a good man,'' Moccia said. "But he can have these Yosemite Sam bombastic outbursts.''"

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10156784/southern-illinois-coach-barry-hinson-regrets-calling-individual-player-postgame-tirade

feedback