'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette NBA Thread  (Read 466213 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Marquette NBA Thread
« Reply #2525 on: April 13, 2024, 06:53:49 AM »
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1778956667079495971?t=vP96lWf-cAjWtKABRIDv8w&s=19

Omax still landing on his butt in the Association

Still just 21. Nice game last night. Even got a block!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2526 on: April 13, 2024, 09:39:01 AM »
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1778956667079495971?t=vP96lWf-cAjWtKABRIDv8w&s=19

If it was good enough for DWade, it's good enough for OMax.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2527 on: April 13, 2024, 11:54:15 AM »

We can't get a foul call even on the next level!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2528 on: April 16, 2024, 08:06:04 PM »
OMax finishing well in the season's garbage time.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #2529 on: April 16, 2024, 08:08:03 PM »
OMax finishing well in the season's garbage time.

I'm still surprised how physically imposing he looks on a court full of NBA players. Probably took that for granted at Marquette.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2530 on: May 04, 2024, 06:46:29 AM »
OMax was ruled out for most of the  Clippers series due to an ankle sprain.  Yeah, I know.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2531 on: May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM »
OMax was ruled out for most of the  Clippers series due to an ankle sprain.  Yeah, I know.

Should have come back to college
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2532 on: Today at 07:43:14 AM »
From The Athletic:

Miami Heat president Pat Riley — while maintaining he does not want to trade his franchise superstar — admonished Jimmy Butler yesterday, after Butler was seen in a video saying both the Celtics and Knicks would be “home” if he’d been healthy enough to play. “If you’re not on the court playing against Boston, if you’re not on the court playing against the New York Knicks,” Riley said, “you should keep your mouth shut in your criticism of those teams.”
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #2533 on: Today at 07:54:47 AM »
From The Athletic:

Miami Heat president Pat Riley — while maintaining he does not want to trade his franchise superstar — admonished Jimmy Butler yesterday, after Butler was seen in a video saying both the Celtics and Knicks would be “home” if he’d been healthy enough to play. “If you’re not on the court playing against Boston, if you’re not on the court playing against the New York Knicks,” Riley said, “you should keep your mouth shut in your criticism of those teams.”

Extension chess game.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2534 on: Today at 08:28:47 AM »
From The Athletic:

Riley is 100% correct.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2535 on: Today at 08:47:55 AM »
I don't think there is an easy fix here for the Heat. They've done a good job locking up their own but it feels like a number of their players are overpaid, and they are getting a little old.

They may need to look at doing something with Butler or Herro this off-season, but I don't know if their 80 year old GM wants to think about a rebuild.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #2536 on: Today at 10:23:24 AM »
I don't think there is an easy fix here for the Heat. They've done a good job locking up their own but it feels like a number of their players are overpaid, and they are getting a little old.

They may need to look at doing something with Butler or Herro this off-season, but I don't know if their 80 year old GM wants to think about a rebuild.

Need to draft both Oso and TKO to keep the Marquette magic alive.

But agree, that team feels like they are on the wrong side of the median age and there isn't really a "guy" outside of Jimmy. Bam is inconsistent and Herro has been too.
« Last Edit: Today at 10:25:57 AM by JakeBarnes »
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2537 on: Today at 10:43:15 AM »

If the Heat wants to win it all, they need to blow it up now before the current players get too old.  Nobody wants to play with Butler.  I’d move him now while he has value.  Who wants him though that’s a contender?  The Knicks?  I suppose but that team has great chemistry.  Feels like he’s a bad fit with that. 

Herro isn’t even a third banana on a championship team.  Doubt he has a lot of value but if you can get someone to take the terrible contract, I’d move him.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2538 on: Today at 02:18:39 PM »
Nobody wants to play with Butler.  I’d move him now while he has value. 

Reminiscent of the “Nobody goes there anymore - it’s too crowded”. Yogi Berra would be proud.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2539 on: Today at 02:22:01 PM »
Reminiscent of the “Nobody goes there anymore - it’s too crowded”. Yogi Berra would be proud.

Not really.  Miami hasn’t been able to get players to come play with Jimmy.  Might as well get something for him and get players other players will want to play with.  A lot of dumb people in NBA front offices.  Should be able to find one dumb enough to add Jimmy Butler to their roster

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2540 on: Today at 02:27:46 PM »
Not really.  Miami hasn’t been able to get players to come play with Jimmy.  Might as well get something for him and get players other players will want to play with.  A lot of dumb people in NBA front offices.  Should be able to find one dumb enough to add Jimmy Butler to their roster

Part of that is because they have signed their own guys. But as mentioned above, those contracts aren't great and would be hard to move.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback