[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Mexico?  (Read 30897 times)

ZiggysChestHair

• Scholarship Player
Re: Mexico?
« Reply #225 on: May 18, 2018, 12:13:31 PM »
Back in the U.S.A.!!

MU82 - What resort were you at in Cancun?  I was there about the same time and met some Marquette grads one morning who noticed my Marquette shorts at breakfast.  Would be a small world if that were you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #226 on: May 20, 2018, 12:48:09 PM »
MU82 - What resort were you at in Cancun?  I was there about the same time and met some Marquette grads one morning who noticed my Marquette shorts at breakfast.  Would be a small world if that were you.

Ziggy, it was me and my wife who introduced ourselves at the Westin Lagunamar. I didn't even think to ask you if you were a fellow Scooper!

We were just starting our stay and you were wrapping yours up. You recommended La Distilleria for dinner. We went there and it was our best meal on the entire trip. We liked it so much we went back a second time!!!

I also ran into a couple of Marquetters in Cabo. Small world!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #227 on: May 20, 2018, 02:03:43 PM »
We need a way for everyone to know who Scoops.

Like a Beef n Cheddar/Warrior logo pin.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #228 on: May 20, 2018, 02:14:18 PM »
Ziggy, it was me and my wife who introduced ourselves at the Westin Lagunamar. I didn't even think to ask you if you were a fellow Scooper!

We were just starting our stay and you were wrapping yours up. You recommended La Distilleria for dinner. We went there and it was our best meal on the entire trip. We liked it so much we went back a second time!!!

I also ran into a couple of Marquetters in Cabo. Small world!

This sounds like Scoop Missed Connections.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #229 on: June 26, 2018, 04:59:44 PM »
Obviously you'll do Sun Road.  Not sure when in June you are going but you can follow the plowing page on the NPS website.  Lots of great hiking but there will be massive snow up high.  June is early for Glacier. 

Not sure how long you have.  We organized a 3 day raft trip with these guys, but they do day trips too.  We were stunned when we showed up on departure day.  Unbeknownst to us, that particular adventure was fully private for the 4 of us with a pax raft, a provision raft, and two guides.  I guess nobody else was prepared to brave 37 degree water!  Same exact stretch of river Meryl Streep and Kevin Bacon filmed on.  So if you want a taste, it's all there on Netflix.  Our kids were about 14 and 12.  Very early June.  Big water, especially last day.

https://www.riverwild.com/

Hi Glow, I'm back just thought I'd give you a report on Glacier. Sun Road wasn't all the way open but we were able to get through a decent chunk on both the east and west sides before turning back near the middle. We spent one day in West Glacier and one day in East Glacier. Primarily biked but also drove and stopped where we could. Didn't get to rafting due to small children being with us. Still was beautiful. Saw lots of wildlife including a bald eagle nest about 100 yards from where we were staying. We flew into Spokane and the drive from eastern Washington was truly spectacular. It might have been the most fun I have ever had while driving. Kalispell is a great town and we spent a full day checking out Missoula, which is a fun little college town.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #230 on: June 26, 2018, 09:51:28 PM »
That's fantastic.  Getting up in the alpine zone is really special.  Glad you had a fantastic time. Cherish the moments.

Sometimes life moves too fast.  In 1968 when I was quite young I had a chance to visit a particular geothermal feature in Yellowstone called Artists' paint pots.  Even though I've been back in Yellowstone since then, it's not one of the 'feature' attractions.  But I had long recalled that my mom had remembered it fondly and I was finally able to visit in late October last year, mere days before the park roads close for the season.  And in the stillness of a quiet early morning, I was the only visitor on the trail.  Almost 50 years.  Got to think about mom.  Again, cherish the moments.   :) 
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 07:02:53 AM by jsglow »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #231 on: June 27, 2018, 12:11:53 AM »
That's fantastic.  Getting up in the alpine zone is really special.  Glad you had a fantastic time. Cherish the moments.

Sometimes life moves too fast.  In 1968 when I was quite young I had a chance to visit a particular geothermal feature in Yellowstone called Artists' paint pots.  Even though I've been back in Yellowstone since then, it's not one of the 'feature' attractions.  But I had long recalled that my mom had remembered it fondly and I was finally able to visit in late October last year, mere days before the park roads close for the season.  And in the stillness of a quite early morning, I was the only visitor on the trail.  Almost 50 years.  Got to think about mom.  Again, cherish the moments.   :)

That's awesome.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #232 on: June 27, 2018, 03:37:02 PM »

Sometimes life moves too fast.  In 1968 when I was quite young I had a chance to visit a particular geothermal feature in Yellowstone called Artists' paint pots.  Even though I've been back in Yellowstone since then, it's not one of the 'feature' attractions.  But I had long recalled that my mom had remembered it fondly and I was finally able to visit in late October last year, mere days before the park roads close for the season.  And in the stillness of a quiet early morning, I was the only visitor on the trail.  Almost 50 years.  Got to think about mom.  Again, cherish the moments.   :)

Very cool! I love it when you find moments of silence and being alone in nature.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #233 on: June 28, 2018, 12:03:35 AM »
Very cool! I love it when you find moments of silence and being alone in nature.

The Canadians are laughing at you right now. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #234 on: June 28, 2018, 07:31:25 AM »

Might actually be my very favorite thing.

jsglow

• All American

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #236 on: August 08, 2018, 03:09:47 PM »

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #237 on: August 08, 2018, 05:22:41 PM »
We need a way for everyone to know who Scoops.

Like a Beef n Cheddar/Warrior logo pin.

I think we're due for a new #mubb tshirt fundraiser to replace "your team is evil and must be destroyed".

A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2018, 05:23:24 PM »
Still have my wedding planned for next May in Puerto Vallarta. Wish me luck

Be careful. I heard from a source who would never lie that they are all rapists.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #239 on: August 08, 2018, 05:24:16 PM »
I think we're due for a new #mubb tshirt fundraiser to replace "your team is evil and must be destroyed".

I'm in.

🏀

• All American

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #241 on: August 08, 2018, 10:12:03 PM »
Which is tougher.  Chicago or Mexico? 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #242 on: August 08, 2018, 10:21:19 PM »
Still have my wedding planned for next May in Puerto Vallarta. Wish me luck
Hopefully all goes well for you and your bride and your friends, but I hope there is a possibility for you to change the venue to some place with less risk.  We take about 200 of our employees and customers on a fancy first class all expense paid  trip every year and  this past year we cancelled Mexico from the rotation as we could not reliably guarantee  our people their security. If something untoward happened I did not want that on my conscious.

I know I am not a one of your favorite people on this site, but take my comments as coming from someone who always hopes for the best for MU alumni.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #243 on: August 08, 2018, 11:18:58 PM »
I had a blast (and not a gun blast) in Mexico for 12 days this past spring. My daughter got married in Cabo (we spent a week there) and my wife and I preceded that madness with 5 days in Cabo.

I actually had considered canceling the Cancun part of our trip based on what I read here. My wife and I seriously discussed it. We decided to go. It was a great decision.

Enjoy, jesmu!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #244 on: August 08, 2018, 11:21:34 PM »
Be careful. I heard from a source who would never lie that they are all rapists.

The man is deplorable and said awful things, but let's not lie and suggest he said all which he didn't.  He does enough bad things to let him hang on his words without attaching falsehoods. No need to do it, his words are bad enough.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #245 on: August 09, 2018, 05:15:09 AM »
Hopefully all goes well for you and your bride and your friends, but I hope there is a possibility for you to change the venue to some place with less risk.  We take about 200 of our employees and customers on a fancy first class all expense paid  trip every year and  this past year we cancelled Mexico from the rotation as we could not reliably guarantee  our people their security. If something untoward happened I did not want that on my conscious.

I know I am not a one of your favorite people on this site, but take my comments as coming from someone who always hopes for the best for MU alumni.

With your propensity for getting young girls intentionally drunk so that you can have unprotected sex with them, I figured you'd be all about Mexico.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #246 on: August 09, 2018, 07:09:04 AM »
That is downright mean and unchristian of you jesmu.  The man wished you well.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #247 on: August 09, 2018, 11:05:03 AM »
That is downright mean and unchristian of you jesmu.  The man wished you well.

You're not wrong. But thanks for calling me out as "unchristian" amongst all those here.

Regardless, one "well wish" doesn't endear me to someone or make up for horrific acts committed.

I suppose I should have just not said anything.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #248 on: August 09, 2018, 11:14:10 AM »
You're not wrong. But thanks for calling me out as "unchristian" amongst all those here.

Regardless, one "well wish" doesn't endear me to someone or make up for horrific acts committed.

I suppose I should have just not said anything.

The escalation was unnecessary.  Accusing someone of sexual assault or rape is not something one should throw around irreverently.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #249 on: August 09, 2018, 11:15:44 AM »
The escalation was unnecessary.  Accusing someone of sexual assault or rape is not something one should throw around irreverently.

I didn't throw anything around irreverently. He self-admitted to it. Absolutely one of the most disgusting and despicable things I've ever read here.

But at least he didn't escalate anything
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 11:18:57 AM by jesmu84 »

feedback