'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] Back to the Bracket  (Read 2189 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
[Cracked Sidewalks] Back to the Bracket
« on: March 10, 2020, 08:12:37 AM »
After a week away, I've got a new S-Curve ready to go, paying particular attention to teams on the bubble. And for those wondering, no, Marquette is not one of them.

http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2020/03/back-to-bracket.html?m=1
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mu_eyeballs

• Starter
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] Back to the Bracket
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 09:21:37 AM »
So you have us currently slotted as the number one 9 seed...that would in theory match us up with the number 1 1 seed correct?  So to avoid Kansas or Baylor in this case it would help if we move up 2 or 4 slots or down 1 or 3?  Which a win or loss against SH would likely do. 

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 09:32:49 AM »
So you have us currently slotted as the number one 9 seed...that would in theory match us up with the number 1 1 seed correct?  So to avoid Kansas or Baylor in this case it would help if we move up 2 or 4 slots or down 1 or 3?  Which a win or loss against SH would likely do.

I personally would be a little surprised to see MU anywhere but a 10 seed with a loss to Seton Hall.  Unfortunately, I don't think anything but winning the BET gets us above an 8 after this slide. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 10:49:46 AM »

Once you get past the 4 line, they seem to worry more about keeping league mates apart & distance as a factor rather than true seeding. If you're in that 7/10 or 8/9 range, region will just be based on what works best for the schedule, not true seeds.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 02:19:46 PM »
What concerns me about being a 7/10 would be...looking ahead to the second round(yeah I know), it seems that Florida St, Creighton, Nova and SD St are the two seeds as of now..IF that happens, MU could only really play SD St or Florida St, and that would NOT thrill me.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 02:22:17 PM »
What concerns me about being a 7/10 would be...looking ahead to the second round(yeah I know), it seems that Florida St, Creighton, Nova and SD St are the two seeds as of now..IF that happens, MU could only really play SD St or Florida St, and that would NOT thrill me.

I get that, but I wouldn't really want anyone on the 1-line either. Feel like Dayton & SDSU are probably best case scenarios as teams that haven't really been tested in months, but Kansas, Baylor, & Gonzaga would be nightmares too. I really don't think we're getting into a 6/11 game.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 02:59:45 PM »
Put me in the region with SDSU all day.  We probably lose, but I'd take my chances with them. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 03:20:33 PM »
Put me in the region with SDSU all day.  We probably lose, but I'd take my chances with them.

Agree. And keep me away from Dayton. They are legitimately awesome and people here would have a meltdown if we lost to them (which we would).

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2020, 03:24:11 PM »
Agree. And keep me away from Dayton. They are legitimately awesome and people here would have a meltdown if we lost to them (which we would).

The new reason for ABD.

feedback