[Today at 08:02:41 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: CIRCLES - NYC ROUNDTABLE with Scholl, Wojo, & Amplo  (Read 9744 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
CIRCLES - NYC ROUNDTABLE with Scholl, Wojo, & Amplo
« on: October 16, 2018, 08:39:20 AM »
This Thursday in NYC.

FEATURE PRESENTATION: A CONVERSATION WITH MARQUETTE HEAD COACHES
- Bill Scholl, Vice President and Director of Athletics, Marquette University
- Steve Wojciechowski, Head Coach, Marquette Men’s Basketball
- Joe Amplo, Head Coach, Marquette Men’s Lacrosse

CIRCLES - NEW YORK NETWORKING ROUNDTABLE

https://alumni.marquette.edu/event-calendar?cid=2&ceid=108&cerid=0&cdt=10%2f18%2f2018

WarriorInNYC

• All American
Re: CIRCLES - NYC ROUNDTABLE with Scholl, Wojo, & Amplo
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 01:55:15 PM »
I'm heading there Thursday evening as long as nothing at work gets too crazy and I can't leave in time.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 05:24:48 PM »
Saw the invitation a while back unfortunately I am traveling and will miss it. Should be good.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 07:18:35 PM »
Is this the Muddle for a Cuddle event?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 08:36:50 PM »
Went to one with Buzz at this location. He blew out before anyone could talk to him. I would imagine Wojo has too much class to do that.

Also met Larry at one. He was willing to take the criticism many threw his way.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 09:09:34 PM »
Went to one with Buzz at this location. He blew out before anyone could talk to him. I would imagine Wojo has too much class to do that.

OK, Chico.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 09:11:36 PM »

Eh?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 12:32:25 AM »
OK, Chico.

So, when someone posts a fact you don’t like the reflexive reaction is Mr. Directv “Chicos?” 

Its like the White House and  “fake news.”

And yes, at the NYC Yacht Club event Larry put himself out there for criticism and boy did he get it from alumni in attendance.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 08:34:11 AM »

I was at this event and this is pretty much what happened. 

Larry did take any questions asked and tried to answer.  Larry arrived late to the event because he had like an 8 hour plane delay and I sat next Steve Rushin who filled in for about 20 minutes when word was Larry was enroute.  He humorously spoke about MU, writing about sports and life in Connecticut being Mr. Rebecca Lobo.  I think Steve Rushin is, officially this time, speaking again on Thursday.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 09:17:51 AM »

Keefe, iz dat ewe, hey?

Doc's late to the party.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 11:18:55 AM »
Doc's late to the party.
Goes grain free becomes confused
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 11:19:49 AM »

Larry did take any questions asked and tried to answer.  Larry arrived late to the event because he had like an 8 hour plane delay and I sat next Steve Rushin who filled in for about 20 minutes when word was Larry was enroute.  He humorously spoke about MU, writing about sports and life in Connecticut being Mr. Rebecca Lobo.  I think Steve Rushin is, officially this time, speaking again on Thursday.
So it was you guys who messed with happy. By the way, who flushed?
Goal is National Championship

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2018, 11:20:17 AM »

I remember a couple of older alumni in attendance waiting with articles talking about Larry's poor relationship with Buzz an really letting him have it.  He may have been defensive in his answering the questions but he answered them.  I just moved away from those individuals and talked with Rony Eford, who I hadn't seen since our MU days together.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 10:14:48 PM »

You are supporting Chico and his version?  Soon you will be so hailed. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2018, 10:58:16 AM »

You aren't the father of the LAX player who went after Larry at that event, are you?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2018, 11:56:56 AM »

Buzz was busy that night.  Getting to 3 Sweet 16s and an Elite 8 + winning a share of the best conference in the country is more time consuming than you'd think.

Bet you would have liked if he stayed and played piano for everyone.  Or he could have gotten drunk with you and promised John Polonowski would never play for MU again (spoiler alert, he did).
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2018, 09:13:03 PM »
Buzz was busy that night.  Getting to 3 Sweet 16s and an Elite 8 + winning a share of the best conference in the country is more time consuming than you'd think.

Bet you would have liked if he stayed and played piano for everyone.  Or he could have gotten drunk with you and promised John Polonowski would never play for MU again (spoiler alert, he did).

Nah, he was just a douche. Glad he’s gone. He was in town that night for BE media day the next day. Showed what he thought of the 250+ alumni who were there to see him.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2018, 09:14:24 PM »
Nothing really big from tonight. 
  • Steve Rushin is very entertaining and has a book out.  He talked about eating and drinking at Amigo's which was funny because I only remember drinking beer there.  He told the story of how he got into journalism and getting his first job after Marquette at SI.
  • University is very proud of the service trip the athletes took this summer.  More volunteered to go than they expected.
  • Greg Elliot was playing at a very high level when he got hurt.  It's the same thumb he had fixed, but a different injury.  Hope to have him back in December.
  • Amplo and Wojo interviewed each other.  Both big on culture and fit.  Amplo's first season here told the players to be like the women's soccer team because he liked what he saw and how they interacted and worked as a team.
  • Someone asked Wojo about the payoff trial and he said he can sleep well at night knowing that him and his staff do it right.  If anything with a recruit doesn't smell right, they cut off recruitment right away.
  • There was an alum from the late 70's who came across as a stalker carrying around his 1977 Sports Illustrated issue with Marquette on the cover almost demanding a national championship at Marquette.  (I figure he sleeps with it.)  Wojo thinks it can still be done at MU and wants it to happen on his watch.
  • My tie matched Wojo's.   8-)
That's about all I can think of as I type on my Metro North ride home.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2018, 09:44:34 PM »
Nah, he was just a douche. Glad he’s gone. He was in town that night for BE media day the next day. Showed what he thought of the 250+ alumni who were there to see him.

Did Coach Williams do something to you?  You sound very bitter toward him.
— Plato

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2018, 10:06:47 PM »
  • Steve Rushin is very entertaining and has a book out.  He talked about eating and drinking at Amigo's which was funny because I only remember drinking beer there.  He told the story of how he got into journalism and getting his first job after Marquette at SI.
  • University is very proud of the service trip the athletes took this summer.  More volunteered to go than they expected.
  • Greg Elliot was playing at a very high level when he got hurt.  It's the same thumb he had fixed, but a different injury.  Hope to have him back in December.
  • Amplo and Wojo interviewed each other.  Both big on culture and fit.  Amplo's first season here told the players to be like the women's soccer team because he liked what he saw and how they interacted and worked as a team.
  • Someone asked Wojo about the payoff trial and he said he can sleep well at night knowing that him and his staff do it right.  If anything with a recruit doesn't smell right, they cut off recruitment right away.
  • There was an alum from the late 70's who came across as a stalker carrying around his 1977 Sports Illustrated issue with Marquette on the cover almost demanding a national championship at Marquette.  (I figure he sleeps with it.)  Wojo thinks it can still be done at MU and wants it to happen on his watch.
  • My tie matched Wojo's.   8-)
That's about all I can think of as I type on my Metro North ride home.

Amplo and Wojo were good pals and you could tell from their interview with each other.  They both ribbed each other as often as they could.

On the volunteering item, they mentioned it's something that will continue to occur in years down the road.

It seemed to me like there were a few indirect shots taken at Buzz.  Both Wojo and Scholl mentioned the culture needing to change when Wojo came on.  There was another point where Wojo was talking about the history of MU and following up coaches like Al, Crean, Majerus, but no mention of Buzz.

After the panel, Wojo made sure to come by everyone chatting around the room and thank them for coming, which I thought was really nice.  I asked Wojo if the whiteboards at the FF were going to be sturdy enough to last the whole year and he jokingly mentioned he still has scars on his hand.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2018, 10:09:27 PM »

Did you go to the Circles event out there with Pilarz? You wouldn't be complaining about Buzz if you did.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2018, 12:32:40 AM »
Amplo and Wojo were good pals and you could tell from their interview with each other.  They both ribbed each other as often as they could.

On the volunteering item, they mentioned it's something that will continue to occur in years down the road.

It seemed to me like there were a few indirect shots taken at Buzz.  Both Wojo and Scholl mentioned the culture needing to change when Wojo came on.  There was another point where Wojo was talking about the history of MU and following up coaches like Al, Crean, Majerus, but no mention of Buzz.

After the panel, Wojo made sure to come by everyone chatting around the room and thank them for coming, which I thought was really nice.  I asked Wojo if the whiteboards at the FF were going to be sturdy enough to last the whole year and he jokingly mentioned he still has scars on his hand.

Is that why Coach Williams didn't attend the 100th celebration event?

— Plato

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2018, 12:47:25 AM »
Is that why Coach Williams didn't attend the 100th celebration event?

No, he was afraid you were going to air his dirty laundry.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2018, 06:00:20 AM »
What a book a psychiatrist could write on Chicos and all his versions.  Seriously a psychopath.
Feel bad for the guy. 
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2018, 06:52:43 AM »

muguru?