[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Possible 6-8 230lbs forward transfer to Marquette?  (Read 56122 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Possible 6-8 230lbs forward transfer to Marquette?
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2014, 09:13:45 AM »
They are 10-3 with a good win over Butler.  They would have to implode in a soft B10, but otherwise that would be a hell of a dream

Yeah if anything IU is performing above expectations so far this year.

leever

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2014, 11:16:42 AM »

Yeah if anything IU is performing above expectations so far this year.

Of course, they are also above expectations for, ummm, "off court issues".

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2014, 11:17:24 AM »
Any word on how the visit went?  Does he have more planned?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2014, 11:19:49 AM »
Any word on how the visit went?  Does he have more planned?

He is headed to Nebraska for the IU-Nebraska tilt.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2014, 11:24:53 AM »
Of course, they are also above expectations for, ummm, "off court issues".

Squirmy!
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2014, 11:27:20 AM »
Brian Rosenthal ‏@HuskerExtraBR  27m27 minutes ago Lincoln, NE
Along with #Nebrasketball, Marquette, Georgetown and Wichita State also on list for Akoy Agau; he's already visited Marquette unofficially.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2014, 11:34:54 AM »
No information to back this up, just wild speculation, but my hope is that after another forgettable season, Indiana fires Tom Crean and that inspires Yogi Ferrell to announce that he will be graduate transferring....and Wojo seals the deal. A graduate transfer at the the PG position is the missing piece IMHO to take us from competitor to contender.

Yogi is set to graduate in 3 years? He didn't redshirt so that would be pretty unusual.....

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2014, 01:01:22 PM »
Did Ajou give any timeline for his decision? What are the odds the 11 minutes played this year are considered null?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2014, 01:55:50 PM »
Did Ajou give any timeline for his decision? What are the odds the 11 minutes played this year are considered null?

Matt Velazquez tweeted out before yesterday's game that Ajou was sitting on our bench.  Got up before the game started.
Have some patience, FFS.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2014, 02:14:51 PM »
Is he good enough to give a scholarship to?  Do you want a Louisville player that can not get off the bench?  Rather get somebody who transfers who has a track record?  When he comes
in for a visit can MU work him out to see what he has to offer?  Otherwise, I would pass.  Rather see a point guard, if you give him a scholy that only leaves two to play with, one seems to
be Sam Hauser (seems a priority) then a point if you take him.  I would wait till spring.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2014, 02:19:44 PM »
Is he good enough to give a scholarship to?  Do you want a Louisville player that can not get off the bench?  Rather get somebody who transfers who has a track record?  When he comes
in for a visit can MU work him out to see what he has to offer?  Otherwise, I would pass.  Rather see a point guard, if you give him a scholy that only leaves two to play with, one seems to
be Sam Hauser (seems a priority) then a point if you take him.  I would wait till spring.

We have 3 schollies open for next year. I think his size and defensive potential is well worth taking a flyer on. You can never have too much length.

We def need a PG but as many have said...grad transfer would be the dream for that.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2014, 02:21:58 PM »

3 to give so I don't see a problem.  One for Agau, one for grad transfer PG/G, one banked.  That means 3 for 2016 (Taylor+grad transfer+banked).  PG, wing shooter (ie Hauser), and BPA (possibly another big) would be my strategy the class.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2014, 02:26:22 PM »
3 to give so I don't see a problem.  One for Agau, one for grad transfer PG/G, one banked.  That means 3 for 2016 (Taylor+grad transfer+banked).  PG, wing shooter (ie Hauser), and BPA (possibly another big) would be my strategy the class.

Coffey would be a fun addition even though I don't see it happening.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2014, 02:36:29 PM »
Yogi is set to graduate in 3 years? He didn't redshirt so that would be pretty unusual.....

Not unusual at all. A bit squirmy, but basketball players who want to graduate transfer find ways to graduate in three years
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2014, 02:44:43 PM »

School starts at MU on January 12th.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2014, 02:51:38 PM »
Not unusual at all. A bit squirmy, but basketball players who want to graduate transfer find ways to graduate in three years

Actually I think it is unusual....most immediately eligible transfers have previously redshirted or transferred so they are 5 year guys like Carlino.

Trent Lockett is the exception to that rule.

Likely a moot point anyway.....seriously doubt Yogi will look to move and Crean isn't likely to get fired.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2014, 02:54:16 PM »
We have 3 schollies open for next year. I think his size and defensive potential is well worth taking a flyer on. You can never have too much length.

We def need a PG but as many have said...grad transfer would be the dream for that.

Ideally (admittedly I'm dreaming here) and assuming either a transfer/early departure after next season, how about Hauser, Agau, Cassius Winston, and Coffey?

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2014, 03:32:21 PM »
Ideally (admittedly I'm dreaming here) and assuming either a transfer/early departure after next season, how about Hauser, Agau, Cassius Winston, and Coffey?

Marquette could take all four without an early departure.  Agau would come this year.  3-1=2.  If those two are banked,  2+1 (from Steve Taylor being a senior next year)= 3 for 2016.  Winston, Coffey and Hauser are all 2016.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2014, 03:52:28 PM »
Marquette could take all four without an early departure.  Agau would come this year.  3-1=2.  If those two are banked,  2+1 (from Steve Taylor being a senior next year)= 3 for 2016.  Winston, Coffey and Hauser are all 2016.

Thanks, my brain is not working today.

amen426

• Starter
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2014, 10:57:06 PM »
in for a visit can MU work him out to see what he has to offer?  Otherwise, I would pass.

Was Luke Fischer "good enough" even though he couldn't get off the bench for an Indiana program who made the NIT?

This is an ignorant post. Louisville is constantly recruiting quality players that can play in the post. In the 2014 and 2015 classes, they recruited:

Chinanu Onuaku, PF/C - #61 RSCI, 2014
Jaylen Johnson, PF - #67 RSCI, 2014
Raymond Spalding, PF - #41 RSCI, 2015

Those are players that he would have to battle for minutes with next year once Harrell leaves to the NBA. No shame in losing minutes to quality bigs, at one of the best college programs in the country. This in NO WAY, means that he isn't "good enough" for our program.

We would get him for essentially 1.5 seasons...
As a Junior, he would likely play backup to Fischer at the 5, with Ellenson at the 4. This would help give Wojo options if either gets in foul trouble. Steve Taylor is still around, but he is not a true post player. Competition would be welcomed.

As a Senior, Steve Taylor will be gone. And it's possible that Ellenson could be gone as well. Wouldn't it be nice to have a Senior like Agau step in and start at the 4? I don't see anyone else that would be an effective 4 during the 2016-17 season.

Personally, Agau reminds me a bit of Nigel Hayes in terms of size, athleticism, hands & footwork. I don't know if he can reach Hayes' level, but with a year of coaching from Wojo & the Staff, I think he would be a key contributor as soon as he becomes eligible next year.

This would be a great add for the program. Let's not kid ourselves and say "he's not good enough for us, because he didn't get minutes at Louisville".

With that being said, I'm guessing he ends up at Nebraska.

brandx

« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2014, 11:25:41 PM »
He's just a big body who who make Otule look like a scoring machine by comparison. He has no offense whatsoever.

amen426

• Starter
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2014, 01:05:20 AM »
He's just a big body who who make Otule look like a scoring machine by comparison. He has no offense whatsoever.

In other words, you have never actually watched him play. Worst take ever, brandx.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T8GI2lhA2E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7PxVhHG7i8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUTMQ-YJ-ys

When has Otule ever hit a three pointer, or take one coast-to-coast. This kid is far from just a "big body". 

This kid actually has a left-hand, so he's already more advanced than Steve Taylor in the post.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2014, 01:22:01 AM »

LOL there isn't a person on this planet who can make Otule look like a scoring machine. Could he even dribble?

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2014, 02:00:11 AM »
Was Luke Fischer "good enough" even though he couldn't get off the bench for an Indiana program who made the NIT?

This is an ignorant post. Louisville is constantly recruiting quality players that can play in the post. In the 2014 and 2015 classes, they recruited:

Chinanu Onuaku, PF/C - #61 RSCI, 2014
Jaylen Johnson, PF - #67 RSCI, 2014
Raymond Spalding, PF - #41 RSCI, 2015

Those are players that he would have to battle for minutes with next year once Harrell leaves to the NBA. No shame in losing minutes to quality bigs, at one of the best college programs in the country. This in NO WAY, means that he isn't "good enough" for our program.

We would get him for essentially 1.5 seasons...
As a Junior, he would likely play backup to Fischer at the 5, with Ellenson at the 4. This would help give Wojo options if either gets in foul trouble. Steve Taylor is still around, but he is not a true post player. Competition would be welcomed.

As a Senior, Steve Taylor will be gone. And it's possible that Ellenson could be gone as well. Wouldn't it be nice to have a Senior like Agau step in and start at the 4? I don't see anyone else that would be an effective 4 during the 2016-17 season.

Personally, Agau reminds me a bit of Nigel Hayes in terms of size, athleticism, hands & footwork. I don't know if he can reach Hayes' level, but with a year of coaching from Wojo & the Staff, I think he would be a key contributor as soon as he becomes eligible next year.

This would be a great add for the program. Let's not kid ourselves and say "he's not good enough for us, because he didn't get minutes at Louisville".

With that being said, I'm guessing he ends up at Nebraska.

First off, Luke Fisher was Mr  Basketball in Wisconsin, I think he never lost a game in high school, who would not want him. Skilled big man that has shown he is better than anybody thought! His addition has made MU competitive this year.

Now, do you ever think major schools ever make a mistake. Even the great Rick Pitino. Sure  they do.  I have never seen Agau play, Physical specimen but in watching Louisville besides Montrell who is a beast, the other big men where nothing special. If you say he is as good as Hayes bring him in. Secondly the other 3 players above will be over recruited as well. Top programs get freshman that play right away.  Just remember Lloyd Moore, the second coming, maybe one of the highest recruits in MU history, how did that turn out? Ignorant I doubt it, senile more like it. If Wojo likes him then bring him in but the kid has not played in a year and a half, still wonder if he worked out on his visit?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2014, 08:17:06 AM »
Louisville plays a very aggressive style on defense. A player can be a very good player, but not fit into this style. I have never seen him play, but just because he was not playing at Louisville, does not mean he cannot play for a different style team.

feedback