[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ellenson's visit to East Lansing  (Read 40130 times)

madtownwarrior

• All American
Re: Ellenson's visit to East Lansing
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2014, 12:08:48 PM »
yes but they enjoy being pants pissers over the situation...

Gents, he either comes to MU or he doesn't.   It is what it is.  We will field a team regardless of his decision. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2014, 12:36:16 PM »
Except truth isn't truthy, but that's ok.  10K posts defending him...laughable, and not truthful.  Go Redskins

The use of hyperbole doesn't change the underlying truth.

This is a Marquette basketball board. If Henry Ellenson picks MU he'll be the highest rated high school player to do so in decades. To Marquette basketball fans that's an understandably big deal. Pretty funny when a guy with your combative posting history plays the serenity card.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2014, 12:38:11 PM »
yes but they enjoy being pants pissers over the situation...

Pant pisssers? MU has a legit shot at landing a 5-star recruit, the first in quite some time, excuse us if we're not playing it "cool" like we land these guys on the reg. I don't think anyone is pissing their pants, but there is some understandable apprehension if we miss out on this guy that is characterized as a heavy MU lean.

And, come on, guy, no one enjoys pissing their pants. TRUST ME.  

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2014, 12:42:46 PM »
Pant pisssers? MU has a legit shot at landing a 5-star recruit, the first in quite some time, excuse us if we're not playing it "cool" like we land these guys on the reg. I don't think anyone is pissing their pants, but there is some understandable apprehension if we miss out on this guy that is characterized as a heavy MU lean.

And, come on, guy, no one enjoys pissing their pants. TRUST ME.  

If MU fanatics were ever going to get excited about a potential recruit, this would be the time. Who knows if this kind of situation will ever present itself again. A legit top-five recruit...a smooth shooting big man...from Wisconsin...STRONGLY considering MU.

Not saying this is MU's last chance to get a stud like this...but it may very well be their best chance.

Certainly seems like a good reason to get pumped up.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2014, 12:45:48 PM »
Is this is an argument over the degree of excitement to which it is appropriate for fans to get to about a recruit's decision?

We must be on the internet
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2014, 01:07:18 PM »
The use of hyperbole doesn't change the underlying truth.

This is a Marquette basketball board. If Henry Ellenson picks MU he'll be the highest rated high school player to do so in decades. To Marquette basketball fans that's an understandably big deal. Pretty funny when a guy with your combative posting history plays the serenity card.

Underlying truth....hyperbole...good one.  Think about what you just said for a second and try to square it. You sound like Dan Rather's justification that got him fired.  LOL.

I think you're missing the point on Henry.  I hope like hell he comes here.  He's either coming here or he isn't.  That's all I said, but that didn't stop several from getting bothered about those comments.  If people want to follow 18 year olds tweets and psychoanalyze what he said or didn't say...perhaps examining any "underlying truths" that might be in there...fine.  If people want to facebook 18 year olds they don't know, hey knock your socks off.  

To me, he's either coming here or he isn't and we will field a team either way.  Sometimes landing a top guy is great, sometimes it's not (chemistry, etc).  Won't know until happens, if it happens.  It was my opinion on the subject.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2014, 01:53:26 PM »
4ever.....how come you haven't put Ellenson in your username?   

'Cause the sun comes up in the East whether Henry matriculates at MU or not. Its Wojo's problem, not mine. More important things in life than ridin' the waves of any 18 year old, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2014, 02:59:51 PM »

'Cause the sun comes up in the East whether Henry matriculates at MU or not. Its Wojo's problem, not mine. More important things in life than ridin' the waves of any 18 year old, hey?

BINGO

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2014, 03:11:37 PM »

BINGO

I guess the question then becomes why post on Scoop?  Why follow Scoop?  After all, it's a forum about a bunch of 18-22 year olds, no?  And sometimes even younger with recruits.  Do I sit around and follow every post these kids make on Facebook or Twitter?  No.  But am I going to criticize someone who provides some information to us from those things?  No, because after all here I am posting on and reading MUScoop, a forum about 18-22 year old basketball players.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2014, 03:23:07 PM »
Just got word from a VERY reliable source that Henry Ellenson is leaning towards Kentucky..

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2014, 03:24:28 PM »
I guess the question then becomes why post on Scoop?  Why follow Scoop?  After all, it's a forum about a bunch of 18-22 year olds, no?  And sometimes even younger with recruits.  Do I sit around and follow every post these kids make on Facebook or Twitter?  No.  But am I going to criticize someone who provides some information to us from those things?  No, because after all here I am posting on and reading MUScoop, a forum about 18-22 year old basketball players.

For me, I'll be perfectly happy to obsess about 18-22 year old basketball players once they are actually our players not  uncommitted recruits.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2014, 03:26:07 PM »
Just got word from a VERY reliable source that Henry Ellenson is leaning towards Kentucky..

But the source HAS to remain anonymous, no doubt.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2014, 03:42:21 PM »

Haha
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2014, 03:42:45 PM »
I heard from a former UW player and current booster who was adamant that Henry is a strong MU lean.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2014, 03:51:43 PM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2014, 03:53:03 PM »

BINGO
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2014, 04:12:17 PM »
Cal also has the ability to "hide" his players at UK. UNC and Duke are too prestigious academically. When UK players don't take gen eds with the rest of the school, no one notices. School is big and not known for academics. The for sure one and dones aren't made to go to class and the structure of Kentucky allows for that. Hard to compete with that. Unless the student wants an education.
I think the things your point out are definitely structural advantages. Especially if a kid is not interested in school. Hard to compete with that.

I remember how Al used to say that he was looking for kids that wanted the benefit of our education.  Although he encouraged Chones to leave when he had the chance.

When I look at our recruits so far this year. It appears that Haanif valued what we were bringing to the table academically.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2014, 04:36:35 PM »

respect the process

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2014, 06:47:01 PM »
Go to Kentucky, be a guy "most" fans remember 15-20 years later.  Go to MU,  be the guy everyone remembers for the next 40.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2014, 06:48:41 PM »

"Que Sera, Sera  Whatever Will Be , Will Be"

Doris Day

tower912

• All American
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2014, 07:12:20 PM »
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/joe-rexrode/2014/09/25/hey-joe-rexrode-msu-basketball/16208063/

Buried deep in the article, it says that Marquette has long been considered the leader for Ellenson.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2014, 07:23:12 PM »

One thing we know for sure, there is NEVER a shortage of reliable sources.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2014, 08:18:43 PM »

BINGO

The guy cant help himself, has to be the center of attention even if it is negative. Sad.

Irregardless - Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2014, 09:55:05 PM »
Go to Kentucky, be a guy "most" fans remember 15-20 years later.  Go to MU,  be the guy everyone remembers for the next 40.

Or be this generation's George Thompson -- the first great recruit of the Wojo era that started a line of excellence and brought us our second to sixth national championships.

Remember the Milwaukee Sentinel the morning after our 1977 championship said, "Marquette wins FIRST National Championship…"

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2014, 10:09:48 PM »
FWIW, the MSU beat writer for the Detroit Free Press thinks Ellenson will ultimately pick MU. 

This was his response to a chat question asking about the likelihood of MSU signing Ellenson and/or Caleb Swanigan.  "Of those two, I'd say Swanigan is more likely. I just think it'll be tough for MSU to beat Marquette on Ellenson."

feedback