[Today at 09:59:47 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[May 08, 2024, 08:59:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Cohen & Hill Officially Sign  (Read 100749 times)

melissasmooth

• Team Captain
  • yeah
Re: Cohen & Hill Officially Sign
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2013, 09:27:53 AM »
I would have guessed you'd tweet him about our soccer programs.

Great to have Sandy, Ahmed, and Marial officially sign their NLI's! Really looking forward to seeing these guy play, and hope Satchel announces he'll be joining them tomorrow.

Sorry, my original post was a lame attempt at humor. I remember the many threads about the problems with 'boosters' and twitter.
MU15

Wally Schroeder

• Starter
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2013, 09:35:03 AM »
Sorry, my original post was a lame attempt at humor. I remember the many threads about the problems with 'boosters' and twitter.

I was kidding, figured as much. I do hope to see Harris in a Marquette uniform next year.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2013, 09:35:27 AM »
I thought so, but I am not yet familiar enough with your style and delivery to be sure.   Try teal or an eyeroll icon.   Glad you are here.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2013, 10:46:47 AM »
I still want Harris to come to MU. Buzz is well aware of the situation. I think we will see him here next year but he may not play the first few games, kinda like an unofficial suspension.

If Malek ends up at MU, he'll have a clean slate here. For now, he needs to stay out of trouble and take care of business in the classroom. He does both of those, he'll be fine.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2013, 10:58:26 AM »
If Malek ends up at MU, he'll have a clean slate here. For now, he needs to stay out of trouble and take care of business in the classroom. He does both of those, he'll be fine.

Agreed. I don't know why Buzz would discipline him for something that occurred almost a year before he sets foot on campus, and for which he already has been punished pretty severely.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2013, 10:59:08 AM »
Any chance that we have signed him to a conditional loi, and will announce it when he has fulfilled the conditions thereof?

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2013, 11:36:48 AM »
Any chance that we have signed him to a conditional loi, and will announce it when he has fulfilled the conditions thereof?
Not sure MU would want to bind themselves to any kind of contract for a protracted period of time--tying their hands if any other recruits pop up-- knowing that Harris may not meet the condition. Though, obviously, these contracts are not ironclad and both parties can pretty readily get out of them without serious consequences.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2013, 11:44:19 AM »

I suspect he was simply told to keep his nose clean and the situation will be revisited in the Spring.  Buzz is a loyal man of his word and fights hard for kids who do the right thing.  The burden rests with Harris at this point.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2013, 01:48:36 PM »

No such thing exists that I am aware of.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2013, 02:19:03 PM »
Agreed. I don't know why Buzz would discipline him for something that occurred almost a year before he sets foot on campus, and for which he already has been punished pretty severely.
I do not think it is a matter of disciplining him. Somehow Harris needs to convince Buzz that he can come here and followed the rules.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2013, 02:25:05 PM »
I do not think it is a matter of disciplining him. Somehow Harris needs to convince Buzz that he can come here and followed the rules.

How would suspending Harris for a few games next year do that?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2013, 02:30:18 PM »
How would suspending Harris for a few games next year do that?
I am not sure where that question is coming from. I did not suggest Buzz suspend him at all. Buzz needs to decide if he will last longer than McKay did. There is no reason to bring him in, if Buzz does not think he will make it at MU.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2013, 06:32:39 AM »
Not sure MU would want to bind themselves to any kind of contract for a protracted period of time--tying their hands if any other recruits pop up-- knowing that Harris may not meet the condition. Though, obviously, these contracts are not ironclad and both parties can pretty readily get out of them without serious consequences.

As suggested, might just be a verbal agreement between program and player.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2013, 07:27:57 AM »
As suggested, might just be a verbal agreement between program and player.

You suggested that he may have signed a conditional letter of intent, which is the complete opposite of a verbal agreement.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2013, 09:09:52 AM »
You suggested that he may have signed a conditional letter of intent, which is the complete opposite of a verbal agreement.

As suggested by jsglow, not be me.

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2013, 01:47:58 PM »
MH offer on hold until spring and he  still wants to come, but has to stay "upright" until spring signing.  He is committed to being a warrior.  Road is not going to be easy, but he still has a path to MU.  Let's leave him alone for now and welcome him when his time comes.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2013, 01:48:57 PM »
MH offer on hold until spring and he  still wants to come, but has to stay "upright" until spring signing.  He is committed to being a warrior.  Road is not going to be easy, but he still has a path to MU.  Let's leave him alone for now and welcome him when his time comes.

BigDaddy coming through again!

Wally Schroeder

• Starter
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2013, 01:52:39 PM »

Great to hear. Glad the kid wants to be at Marquette, I'm looking forward to it. Hope he meets his end of the bargain. Agree on leaving him alone, enough speculation on a situation nobody really knows. And 17 year-olds tend to make the same mistake many times, hope using the final straw for whatever offense is a wake up call. Thanks for the update, looking forward to welcoming Harris to Marquette this spring.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2013, 01:55:37 PM »
Guess we'll see on April 16.  Hope he can rehab himself.  Good luck, Malek!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2013, 03:35:01 PM »

I like this.   If the kid does his penance and stays clean, he comes.   If he can't, he doesn't.   A fair early test.   Good luck, young man.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback