[Today at 09:59:47 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[May 08, 2024, 08:59:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Charles Matthews trims list to 10  (Read 95813 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Charles Matthews trims list to 10
« Reply #325 on: February 27, 2014, 01:02:34 AM »
Haha. If you are believing that these things are actually happening at UCLA and Kentucky like you've been told I think I have a bridge I'd like to sell you...

http://www.amazon.com/Scoreboard-Baby-College-Football-Complicity/dp/0803228104

Book mostly focus on the Neuheisal's days at the University of Washington, but it does have some info on some of his practices when he jumped ship from a violation ridden Husky program to UCLA. I suggest it actually, it's a fascinating read. I had the opportunity to interview one of the authors, Ken Armstrong. He had some bone chilling stories of negligence and turning a blind eye that would just make your skin crawl. He is of the opinion that while Neuheisal was one of the worst dirtbags...some of his practices are much more common than any of us would like to believe.

Believe it or not, I don't just make sh*t up. And I don't just listen to the bums on the street. Rick Neuheisal is one of the dirtiest coaches in the history of college athletics. To me, it says a lot about an athletic program if they were willing to hire this scumbag, knowing what he did while at Washington. I don't have any information about the basketball team practices, but if they were willing to put up with Neuheisal's crap ...I can only imagine what they would allow their storied basketball program to get away with.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:18:15 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Charles Matthews trims list to 10
« Reply #326 on: February 27, 2014, 01:37:14 AM »
http://www.amazon.com/Scoreboard-Baby-College-Football-Complicity/dp/0803228104

Book mostly focus on the Neuheisal's days at the University of Washington, but it does have some info on some of his practices when he jumped ship from a violation ridden Husky program to UCLA. I suggest it actually, it's a fascinating read. I had the opportunity to interview one of the authors, Ken Armstrong. He had some bone chilling stories of negligence and turning a blind eye that would just make your skin crawl. He is of the opinion that while Neuheisal was one of the worst dirtbags...some of his practices are much more common than any of us would like to believe.

Like I said, I believe that stuff was at Washington.  There was no shortage of people not thrilled with Rick being hired at UCLA, a program desperate for some good news.  Rick wasn't it.

At any rate, one of the criticisms of him in the book didn't seem to manifest itself in Westwood, maybe that's why he failed there, because he couldn't get away with the same stuff....was he perfect, clean, etc?  I doubt it.  Was UCLA willing to forgive more quickly because he was an alum?  Probably.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/ucla/post/_/id/3244/neuheisel-responds-to-book

feedback