[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Oklahoma just decided to go in a different direction  (Read 9842 times)

Blackhat

• All American
Re: Oklahoma just decided to go in a different direction
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2011, 07:37:26 PM »
Go back and look at my post again....I said after a 15 loss season I don't think he's earned a 2 million dollar contract. You would dispute that?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2011, 07:39:42 PM »
My bad

Using the iPhone...easier that way than responding to other threads because of the below the page fold.  Scoop really needs an app.

It was the content...not just the fact that you started the threads.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2011, 07:43:41 PM »
Go back and look at my post again....I said after a 15 loss season I don't think he's earned a 2 million dollar contract. You would dispute that?
Why didn't you post that yesterday?  You're posting it because you're upset about this game and you know it.  Nothing changed in the expected final loss column since yesterday - only the manner of the final loss.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2011, 07:46:16 PM »
I posted just today to that OU ball boy that Buzz will get paid over 2 mil and he probably hasn't earned that yet and quoted our increase in losses.

Nice of you to try to patrol my posts though.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Can't blame Crean for this one...15 points
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2011, 07:46:44 PM »
Character revealed....if there was ever any doubt...you've officially removed any doubt anyone might hve had regarding your character.  ZERO.

Your post makes no sense, but whatever.

When all we had were a bunch of posters here bashing UW-madison for how crappy they were, you don't think the Karma Gods don't bite back?  I do. Not sure what that has to do with your post at all, but this is a classic example of what goes around comes around and in spades.  I'm guessing as happy as you were last night about UW-madison losing (I was thrilled), they are even more thrilled watching this monstrosity.

This really blows, what a performance.  Ugh.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 07:51:31 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2011, 07:50:58 PM »
Why didn't you post that yesterday?  You're posting it because you're upset about this game and you know it.  Nothing changed in the expected final loss column since yesterday - only the manner of the final loss.

Because if he posted it yesterday he'd have 70% of the board in his shorts screaming at him.  Like a bunch of girls here swooning for the QB in high school. 

Stone is right, we lost 15 games this year...everyone wanted to bury things because we won two games in the NCAA tournament...which was great....but it doesn't erase everything else.

Hope Buzz stays, he's good for MU and good for stability.  Next year we have a nice team coming back. That said, tonight was epic.

groove

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2011, 07:51:23 PM »
Oklahoma fans are not going to be to thrilled at next weeks press conference. Buzz will have some convincing to do to those fans

MountainCreekHouse

• Starter
  • Danktatoes
Buzz Williams stock
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2011, 07:51:44 PM »
dropping by the minute
Farva:"Give me six Schlitzes."
O'Hagan: "Take it easy, Rod."
Farva: "Open bar, dude!"

groove

Re: Buzz Williams stock
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2011, 07:53:05 PM »
Nah deal probably already set. Press conference in Norman will be interesting though

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2011, 07:54:46 PM »
dropping by the minute

Ballsy....people will start nipping at you for making this obvious observation.

MountainCreekHouse

• Starter
  • Danktatoes
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2011, 08:14:51 PM »

Ballsy....people will start nipping at you for making this obvious observation.

Let them nip at me, let them rip at me... just like the bowl I'll be ripping after this game. #damn
Farva:"Give me six Schlitzes."
O'Hagan: "Take it easy, Rod."
Farva: "Open bar, dude!"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2011, 08:16:01 PM »
Everyone now thinks Buzz is gone?

avid1010

• All American
Re: Can't blame Crean for this one...15 points
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2011, 08:16:13 PM »
I just want to see they psychology in play today.  This should be interesting, especially after reading last night's posts, today's earlier posts and what we did against KU back in 2003.  The hyprocrisy should be stunning today.

Hey Avid...the board didn't exist in 2003 and I was in New Orleans at the game...were you?  Kind of hard to start a thread on a board that didn't exist without smart phones, etc.  We also lost to the national runner-up that day and tonight, an even worse spanking, to a team that is very unlikely to be the national runner-up. 

At any rate, feel bad for the boys.  Never seen anything like this and I was at 2003...this one has it beat and then some.  Bummer in many ways.

I think a Sweet 16 showing for MU shows they had a good year, and I think MU is getting beat by a solid team with a great coach.  I think it's ridiculous that you come online and bash MU after making it to the Sweet 16.  I also don't think it's as bad as 2003 when we had Wade and a real chance at winning a national title with the talent we had.  I was not at the 2003 game, so I must apologize as obviously that means you are the better fan and care more about MU.  You're a big man.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2011, 08:18:31 PM »

I think he stays for sure and the MU administration should still work with him and learn from today and build for tomorrow however hard this is to watch.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2011, 08:35:52 PM »
Absolutely not.  I thought Buzz was staying before tonight and I still think Buzz will be staying.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2011, 08:38:49 PM »
OU hoops.com has a 65 reply thread of "No thank you".   Buzz would't be given a lot of leeway at OU, fans are reactionary like everywhere I suppose but even harder if you aren't getting good crowds for even moderately successful teams in Norman.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2011, 08:42:15 PM »
OU hoops.com has a 65 reply thread of "No thank you".   Buzz would't be given a lot of leeway at OU, fans are reactionary like everywhere I suppose but even harder if you aren't getting good crowds for even moderately successful teams in Norman.
True. In fact, I think this game means Buzz stays but no questions were answered.  I kinda wish we would have played better and Buzz still stayed. At this point no questions will have been answered - everyone will just assume that OU shyed away from Buzz and still say Buzz to _____ next year.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2011, 08:43:49 PM »
What is what the Prudential Center?  That's just not our building.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2011, 08:44:14 PM »
Yeah TJ,  I think Cottingham had this.  Would have been nice to go into the offseason playing UNC tough, but Buzz can crack the whip this off season after this beat down...won't let the guys forget it.

El Duderino

• Team Captain
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2011, 08:47:41 PM »
If this game made Oklahoma look elsewhere, that would be outstanding news.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2011, 08:52:50 PM »
Yeah TJ,  I think Cottingham had this.  Would have been nice to go into the offseason playing UNC tough, but Buzz can crack the whip this off season after this beat down...won't let the guys forget it.
I certainly don't think this was done on purpose.  But I also think that this badness makes it seem that Buzz is staying because all the potential suitors shyed away from him and won't convince anybody that Buzz is staying because he likes it here.

CrazyEcho

• Team Captain
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2011, 08:53:05 PM »
Chicos--I hate that you delight in the team doing poorly.  I know you'll say you don't (and then probably use some emoticon), but threads like this over and over prove that you do.  

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2011, 09:07:23 PM »
I think Chicos has competing loyalties but I don't think he cheers against MU, he's a fan he expresses his frustration.

*I reserve the right to change this opinion at any time*

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2011, 09:15:31 PM »
Chicos--I hate that you delight in the team doing poorly.  I know you'll say you don't (and then probably use some emoticon), but threads like this over and over prove that you do.  

Then can you explain to me how pumped I was all week for MU to play this game, putting up 3 Goggles all over our building during lunch.  I had our upper management call today to wish us luck...our CEO is a BC grad so he gets the Jesuit thing. 

You make no sense, absolutely no sense.  I get no joy in us losing, never have and never will.  I do like seeing some posters proven wrong, I'll admit to that.  I never like seeing MU lose...I'm sorry you are incapable of intellectual thought to process that.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2011, 09:19:17 PM »
I think Chicos has competing loyalties but I don't think he cheers against MU, he's a fan he expresses his frustration.

*I reserve the right to change this opinion at any time*

No competing loyalties...MU is such a far and away #1 it's not even close.  Angels #2.  IU and KU are way down the list, barely top 10 for me.  KU is about to go to the FINAL FOUR and it's kind of no big deal to me.  I'll cheer for them but without much passion.  MU is where my heart is.