[Today at 06:46:15 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Baby blues tonight?  (Read 4864 times)

dwaderoy2004

• All American
Baby blues tonight?
« on: February 20, 2008, 11:27:10 AM »
Anybody else think we might see them broken out tonight.  Winnable road game, ESPN2 game, New York City exposure.  If we're gonna see them again this season, this is probably as good a time as any...

robmufan

• All American
Re: Baby blues tonight?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 11:32:04 AM »
I say no...save it for rutgers and the home crowd on saturday...aren't the wade giveaways baby blue?

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 11:38:14 AM »
I'd say it's more likely for a road game--the color may be too dark for home.  Although, Rutgers wears red; I guess that would be enough of a contrast.  Let's see 'em tonight!

BTW the Wade giveaways are powder blue.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 11:41:04 AM »
I say save it for a home game. But like we stated earlier, TC is pretty superstitious, so we might not see them again this season.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 11:41:46 AM »
powder blue, baby blue, all the same...I think they are for rutgers (they wear red, powder blue is a great contrast)!

Boognish_MU

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 12:13:17 PM »
i hope we never seen them ever again.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 12:16:33 PM »
I thought I heard there was baby blue colored smoke seen rising from the chimney at Al the day after the last time they were worn.

Sponge Ruiner!

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 12:21:42 PM »
I thought I heard there was baby blue colored smoke seen rising from the chimney at Al the day after the last time they were worn.

That just means that they haven't yet selected a new AD.

Now if you see white smoke....

HarveysWallbangers

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 12:23:24 PM »
I say save it for a home game. But like we stated earlier, TC is pretty superstitious, so we might not see them again this season.

That's idiotic. The worst game we've played all year was either against Louisville at home or at UConn.

I love those baby blues and a nearly sold out Bradley Center for Rutgers (!) -- the day they're giving baby blues away to kids -- seems to agree!

MUFanInGreenBay

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 12:58:48 PM »
IMO, I think the baby blues will be back out for the Gtown game at the BC on March 1st. That game is nationally televised on CBS and it is Senior day. Plus,  it is also National Marquette Day. 

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 01:08:54 PM »
But like we stated earlier, TC is pretty superstitious, so we might not see them again this season.

That's idiotic. The worst game we've played all year was either against Louisville at home or at UConn.

If that's the case, we have to wear white for all games.  I'ts the only color we haven't been embarrassed in.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 01:10:08 PM »
IMO, I think the baby blues will be back out for the Gtown game at the BC on March 1st. That game is nationally televised on CBS and it is Senior day. Plus,  it is also National Marquette Day. 

Senior Day is technically (sadly) FGCU the following Tuesday.

I look for the baby blues on Saturday against Rutgers, and, provided we play well, possibly either against 'Nova or GTown or maybe 'Cuse. If I had to predict though, I'd say navy tonight, baby blue Saturday, navy against 'Nova, gold for GTown, then white for FGCU and navy for 'Cuse.

Maybe baby blue for the BET?

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 01:13:24 PM »
My friends ridiculed Marquette more for the powder blue unis than the loss. They can be a little much with the other colors in the uniform.

MUFanInGreenBay

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 01:15:35 PM »

Senior Day is technically (sadly) FGCU the following Tuesday.

I look for the baby blues on Saturday against Rutgers, and, provided we play well, possibly either against 'Nova or GTown or maybe 'Cuse. If I had to predict though, I'd say navy tonight, baby blue Saturday, navy against 'Nova, gold for GTown, then white for FGCU and navy for 'Cuse.

Maybe baby blue for the BET?

You're right Senior Day is against Florida Gulf Coast. I totally forgot about that home game. That sucks that it has to be that day. The Gtown game on a weekend would've been nice for it. Dam.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 01:17:41 PM »
My friends ridiculed Marquette more for the powder blue unis than the loss. They can be a little much with the other colors in the uniform.

Your friends must be from the Penn State/Kentucky/Indiana school of fashion.

I think they are beautiful.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 01:43:58 PM »
I'd guess dark blue tonight and baby blue on Saturday.

Of course I could also see the baby blues never being seen again.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 01:59:24 PM »
While Georgetown doesn't wear baby blue, I doubt we would see them against Georgetown. Baby Blue vs Navy Blue won't fly.

If anyone remembers that Wisconsin at Illinois game from about three years ago, when Wisconsin wore their road red's, and Illinois decided to wear their orange uni's, it was awful on the eyes, and I would doubt we'd see blue vs blue on the floor.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 02:02:40 PM »
There is a pretty big contrast though between the MU baby blue and the GT navy blue.

That Illinois/Wisconsin game did suck though!

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 02:06:39 PM »
It is a contrast, I just don't think you'll see blue vs blue on the floor.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 02:08:47 PM »
If I remember right, I believe the home team gets first choice on jersey colors. Meaning, if we give them enough advance notice that we're wearing our baby blues, Georgetown can then bring one of their other colors, like their alternate grays, for example.

I think I remember us wearing white on the road in the past for that very reason, teams wanted to wear their alts at home.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 02:11:21 PM »
actually, G-town doesn't have a third jersey.  they wear the gray at home, and the navy on the road. 

http://www.hoyabasketball.com/features/uniforms.htm

I had forgotten about the Wade giveaway on saturday, so we might hold off to wear them then...

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 02:13:16 PM »
actually, G-town doesn't have a third jersey.  they wear the gray at home, and the navy on the road.

Ah. I thought they had a white one too, but I guess not. Anyways, it's feasible that we could get them to wear the grays, but who knows.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 02:15:16 PM »
I see Georgetown copied our jerseys from 1968-1972.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 02:15:58 PM »

The E! Fashion Police would not be having any of that.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2008, 02:26:41 PM »

In the Warriors days our look and "brand" was the envy of almost all of college basketball. I cannot overemphasize this for you younger people. Marquette Warriors, Indiana Hoosiers, UCLA Bruins, North Carolina Tar Heels --- those were the big brands!

This year's uniforms are a step in the right direction and a clear olive branch, but it's difficult for the people working on marketing Marquette basketball because a huge percentage of supporters of the basketball program would rather burn an item with our current nickname on it then wear something that contains it.

Golden Eagles is like New Coke, except Coca-Cola had the sense to abandon that disaster.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2008, 02:50:03 PM »

In the Warriors days our look and "brand" was the envy of almost all of college basketball. I cannot overemphasize this for you younger people. Marquette Warriors, Indiana Hoosiers, UCLA Bruins, North Carolina Tar Heels --- those were the big brands!

I totally respect that and appreciate the insight (honest).

This year's uniforms are a step in the right direction and a clear olive branch, but it's difficult for the people working on marketing Marquette basketball because a huge percentage of supporters of the basketball program would rather burn an item with our current nickname on it then wear something that contains it.

Hmmm....

Golden Eagles is like New Coke, except Coca-Cola had the sense to abandon that disaster.

WARNING: THREAD HIJACK.

Warriors Forever

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2008, 04:23:39 PM »
Please no. The most horrible jerseys ever.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2008, 04:34:15 PM »
Is it the font that people don't like on the baby blue jerseys or is it the color?

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2008, 04:37:24 PM »
Why DID the baby blues end up with a different font?  I remember noticing that during the Louisville game.  The replica's sold in the spirit shop have the same font, no matter what color the jersey is.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2008, 04:40:26 PM »
I like the font BETTER! I don't mind the font on our current ones, but I don't like how it's all stitched into one block.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 04:42:08 PM »
I like the font BETTER! I don't mind the font on our current ones, but I don't like how it's all stitched into one block.
Agreed.  The stitched-together font looks just like Providence.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2008, 07:07:29 PM »
I always thought it would look good to have the lettering from the 2003 jerseys with the current look... kinda blending two great teams into one look. I dabbled in photoshop and came up with this:

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2008, 08:48:49 PM »
I always thought it would look good to have the lettering from the 2003 jerseys with the current look...

MUfan12, as always, absolutely brilliant. Your Photoshop work throws me back to when we made Marcus Williams-brand laptops together back in '06...

BuzzSucksSucks

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2008, 09:01:56 PM »

I second that.  Nice font on the baby blues.