[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1948488 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #1500 on: November 01, 2017, 03:00:05 PM »
I like delicious apples, too.

Well, everyone likes delicious apples.  Only psychopaths like Red Delicious apples.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1501 on: November 01, 2017, 04:10:31 PM »
I like delicious apples, too.

Which delicious ones?  Honeycrisp?  Gala?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1502 on: November 01, 2017, 06:51:24 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1503 on: November 02, 2017, 07:20:54 AM »
Which delicious ones?  Honeycrisp?  Gala?

I like Red Delicious apples (had one yesterday).  I don't think I'm a psychopath (but then, psychopaths never do, do they?)
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1504 on: November 02, 2017, 08:01:20 AM »
I like Red Delicious apples (had one yesterday).  I don't think I'm a psychopath (but then, psychopaths never do, do they?)

That's exactly that I'd expect a psychopath to say.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1505 on: November 02, 2017, 09:17:25 AM »
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 09:22:01 AM by Dr. Blackheart »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1506 on: November 03, 2017, 04:28:15 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/Arbys/status/925029540778295296

As a non-cartoon watcher, would someone help me with who that is and what the quote is supposed to mean?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #1507 on: November 04, 2017, 11:44:34 PM »

As a non-cartoon watcher, would someone help me with who that is and what the quote is supposed to mean?
Not a cartoon.  Video game from late 80's or early 90's (i forget which but not googling).
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1508 on: November 05, 2017, 01:27:02 AM »
Not a cartoon.  Video game from late 80's or early 90's (i forget which but not googling).

I googled.  Castlevania II - Simon's Quest

http://thefreecheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/castlevania-nes-trilogy.jpg

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #1509 on: November 05, 2017, 04:06:11 AM »
see below
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 04:36:53 AM by keefe »

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #1510 on: November 05, 2017, 04:34:46 AM »
I am guessing Keefe is still around somewhere.    He quit posting after Sultan showed he plagiarized an article during the Charlottesville discussion.    I called him on it.   He hasn't posted since.    I expect he will be back.

Plagiarized?? Really??

I have been around. But I have been exceedingly busy. While you have been sitting in your firehouse I was in NYC last Friday for a $2.3 billion financial close for converting two coal-fired power plants in Ohio to Waste-2-Energy. Now admittedly, our slice is a very minor financial component of the transaction but, our technology, which generates H2 for enhanced combustion, is a very important dimension of the overall operating concept. These two plants, which provide the majority of power for Dayton and Cincinnati, are pivoting from coal to clean, sust ainable, renewable power. If you get the WSJ in your firehouse you can read about this deal next week.

Also last week, we are partners in a Wall Street-based Infrastructure Fund. Myself and my partners tendered a Term Sheet for a $60 million transaction for wind power generation in TX, IA, and WA. The deal provides $10 million in short-term transitional liquidity with an additional $50 million in debt/equity financing over the next 24 months. Again, if you get the WSJ at your firehouse, and I presume you have a lot of free time between polishing the trucks, you can read about this after 15 November.

So, let's compare notes. After MU I received an MS from Michigan in engineering and an MBA from Harvard. I have 6 patents to my name, two of which were identified by the Obama administration as having "compelling environmental benefit" and were therefore accepted for accelerated review - 2 of only 32 patent apps thusly recognized in 2015. My particular expertise and contribution to those patents were in the fields of chemical kinetics, flow dynamics, and heat transfer.

Meanwhile, you took that expensive Jesuit education and got a job as a firefighter. Now, don't get me wrong, as a fighter pilot, I was always comforted by the presence of those brave young men and women who stood at the ready on the flight line in their crash trucks. But I rather doubt that very many actually had college degrees because the job simply doesn't require it.

So, while some of us are making a real difference in clean power generation others have settled for less in life. You say you called me on "plagiarizing"?? I would dare say that some of us have created real value in this world while others sit around waiting for the bell to ring.

I never "plagiarized" anything, much less on Scoop which is a forum ridiculous in terms of intellectual rigor. What happened is someone asked for perspective and I cut and pasted two articles. I never claimed it as my own work.

I find it farcical that a guy who has never really created anything would dare suggest that anyone else could have possibly compromised their intellectual standards.

You and Brew attempt to lay claim to some self-proclaimed expertise on college basketball. Fact is, your lack of professional intensity allows you more time to think about the subject though not really offering any meaningful insight.

And as for Sultan, he is a prickly little man living a terribly insignificant existence. I have reflected that his life is one of intellectual cuckoldry - having to report the achievements of others at a third-tier college without the counter-balance of any actual personal accomplishment. Could there be anything more demeaning?

So, Tower, you want to say you called me out on "plagiarism"?  I have helped create some genuine innovation that is being deployed to make the world a cleaner, better place. What, exactly, have you done?

[/quote]

Death on call

fjm

• All American
« Reply #1511 on: November 05, 2017, 04:54:17 AM »
Oh sweet! Time for the preseason Big-D contest about who deals with more money and does more at their job to start up again....

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #1512 on: November 05, 2017, 05:01:01 AM »
Oh sweet! Time for the preseason Big-D contest about who deals with more money and does more at their job to start up again....

Actually, no. The board discourse is dominated by a handful of people who mistake opinion for fact.

The presumed "expertise" of some here on college basketball is actually amusing. 

Compensation??

Death on call

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1513 on: November 05, 2017, 06:39:49 AM »
While you have been sitting in your firehouse
Pure douchery.  Didn't bother to read further after this.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1514 on: November 05, 2017, 07:09:19 AM »
Is anyone really surprised that the guy bragging about his Harvard MBA, while tearing into first responders on a message board plagaraized from a alt-right source?

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #1515 on: November 05, 2017, 07:25:47 AM »
Keefe, have you had a chance to see Dead and Company yet? Definitely the best Dead related spin off since Jerry checked out. I'd even say it's the best the Dead have sounded since 1991.

As you know, The Music Never Stopped and John Mayer seems to be the perfect guy to step up and be Playing In The Band.
Bring back FFP!!!

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1516 on: November 05, 2017, 07:31:31 AM »
Easy there Crash.  That was completely uncalled for.  And Tower, let it effin' go.

Too many people on this board have allowed themselves to type things that back in the day would have gotten one hauled into the alley and taught a valuable lesson.  How 'bout we try a little harder this new basketball season?  Grown effin' men.   ::)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1517 on: November 05, 2017, 07:34:56 AM »
I knew he was off his meds when he insulted Scoop's intellectual rigor.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1518 on: November 05, 2017, 07:47:20 AM »
Rodents suck.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #1519 on: November 05, 2017, 07:49:37 AM »
Easy there Crash.  That was completely uncalled for.  And Tower, let it effin' go.

Too many people on this board have allowed themselves to type things that back in the day would have gotten one hauled into the alley and taught a valuable lesson.  How 'bout we try a little harder this new basketball season?  Grown effin' men.   ::)

Blessed are the Peacemaker for the...
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1520 on: November 05, 2017, 08:32:49 AM »

Go away for a month and Scoop's dad is still doing dad things.

Anyway there is one thing I learned about keefe.  Whenever someone calls him out on something, he resorts to pseudo-intellectual bluster.  He tried to pass that off as his own and he knows it.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1521 on: November 05, 2017, 08:38:07 AM »

Go away for a month and Scoop's dad is still doing dad things.

Anyway there is one thing I learned about keefe.  Whenever someone calls him out on something, he resorts to pseudo-intellectual bluster.  He tried to pass that off as his own and he knows it.

So you come back and insult me?  Yeah.   ::)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1522 on: November 05, 2017, 08:40:33 AM »
Plagiarized?? Really??

I have been around. But I have been exceedingly busy. While you have been sitting in your firehouse I was in NYC last Friday for a $2.3 billion financial close for converting two coal-fired power plants in Ohio to Waste-2-Energy. Now admittedly, our slice is a very minor financial component of the transaction but, our technology, which generates H2 for enhanced combustion, is a very important dimension of the overall operating concept. These two plants, which provide the majority of power for Dayton and Cincinnati, are pivoting from coal to clean, sust rightble, renewable power. If you get the WSJ in your firehouse you can read about this deal next week.

Also last week, we are partners in a Wall Street-based Infrastructure Fund. Myself and my partners tendered a Term Sheet for a $60 million transaction for wind power generation in TX, IA, and WA. The deal provides $10 million in short-term transitional liquidity with an additional $50 million in debt/equity financing over the next 24 months. Again, if you get the WSJ at your firehouse, and I presume you have a lot of free time between polishing the trucks, you can read about this after 15 November.

So, let's compare notes. After MU I received an MS from Michigan in engineering and an MBA from Harvard. I have 6 patents to my name, two of which were identified by the Obama administration as having "compelling environmental benefit" and were therefore accepted for accelerated review - 2 of only 32 patent apps thusly recognized in 2015. My particular expertise and contribution to those patents were in the fields of chemical kinetics, flow dynamics, and heat transfer.

Meanwhile, you took that expensive Jesuit education and got a job as a firefighter. Now, don't get me wrong, as a fighter pilot, I was always comforted by the presence of those brave young men and women who stood at the ready on the flight line in their crash trucks. But I rather doubt that very many actually had college degrees because the job simply doesn't require it.

So, while some of us are making a real difference in clean power generation others have settled for less in life. You say you called me on "plagiarizing"?? I would dare say that some of us have created real value in this world while others sit around waiting for the bell to ring.

I never "plagiarized" anything, much less on Scoop which is a forum ridiculous in terms of intellectual rigor. What happened is someone asked for perspective and I cut and pasted two articles. I never claimed it as my own work.

I find it farcical that a guy who has never really created anything would dare suggest that anyone else could have possibly compromised their intellectual standards.

You and Brew attempt to lay claim to some self-proclaimed expertise on college basketball. Fact is, your lack of professional intensity allows you more time to think about the subject though not really offering any meaningful insight.

And as for Sultan, he is a prickly little man living a terribly insignificant existence. I have reflected that his life is one of intellectual cuckoldry - having to report the achievements of others at a third-tier college without the counter-balance of any actual personal accomplishment. Could there be anything more demeaning?

So, Tower, you want to say you called me out on "plagiarism"?  I have helped create some genuine innovation that is being deployed to make the world a cleaner, better place. What, exactly, have you done?

Welcome back.   Congratulations on your innovations.  I've missed you, truly.    And since you last posted, 6 fires, 8 NarCan saves, 3 CPR saves.     But you still posted somebody else's work without attribution.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1523 on: November 05, 2017, 08:43:38 AM »
So you come back and insult me?  Yeah.   ::)

Stop telling other people how to post and I'll stop calling you out for it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1524 on: November 05, 2017, 09:02:27 AM »
Stop telling other people how to post and I'll stop calling you out for it.

+1