[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1948062 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: NM
« Reply #9800 on: March 17, 2021, 01:38:50 PM »
https://ktul.com/amp/news/local/pilot-arrested-at-jenks-airport-with-102-pounds-of-meth?__twitter_impression=true

Badlands McNally was arrested at Jenks Tulsa Airport with 102.7 pounds of methamphetamine.

"When they opened the door of McNally's plane, there was an overwhelming smell of chemicals from inside, according to the report."

"Agents found two large black duffel bags, carrying 102.7 pounds of meth, as well as two pistols and a rifle with multiple magazines behind the pilot's seat."

..........Walter White, Gus Fring, and Hector Salamanca were not available for comment. When reached for comment, Jesse Pinkman said, "Yeah B**tches."

Oddly enough, in that pic he looks like a "Badlands."

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9801 on: March 17, 2021, 01:42:19 PM »

You can tell him that the other eastern Washington school lost in the second round in my bracket....

My brother sets up our pool...which would explain why it's called "ZagNut"

Actually, though, with Marquette not in the field, I suppose I'd probably rather see that other eastern Washington school win as almost anyone.  I also have a rooting interest for both of my daughters who are currently in college - Purdue and Georgetown. I guess Purdue would be my most-preferred winner.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9802 on: March 17, 2021, 07:48:44 PM »
Very cool Saint Patrick’s Day light show using drones in Ireland.

https://youtu.be/ZIu35jIM-IM

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #9803 on: March 17, 2021, 09:18:30 PM »
Where is the Walrus now?  I haven't heard anything.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9804 on: March 18, 2021, 09:04:36 AM »
Today Facebook had a "memory" from March 18, 2011 - a picture I took at Marquette's victory over Xavier. Damn...it's like salt in the wound.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #9805 on: March 18, 2021, 11:37:58 AM »
Here's one that Milwaukee Magazine put on their email of the day:

Toone and Lee at about 5th & Wisconsin.
Ludum habemus.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9806 on: March 18, 2021, 01:53:57 PM »
Here's one that Milwaukee Magazine put on their email of the day:

Toone and Lee at about 5th & Wisconsin.

Awesome pic, Sir Lawrence!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #9807 on: March 18, 2021, 02:03:01 PM »
Anyone here still partial to filling out a paper bracket rather than an online one?

I always make sure the first bracket I fill out every year is a paper one.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9808 on: March 18, 2021, 02:08:39 PM »
Anyone here still partial to filling out a paper bracket rather than an online one?

This year I don't even care very much about the brackets. I filled one out with my family and the 'Scoop one. I did them each in less then two minutes -- and I've read very, very little about the tournament. I know I have the same winner in both, but I honestly don't have any idea if they have the same final four. We'll see how it goes. As I've read about various COVID issues I thought about going back to check and see if I picked the teams (I'm not even sure if I did) but decided not to bother.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #9809 on: March 18, 2021, 02:51:52 PM »
This year I don't even care very much about the brackets. I filled one out with my family and the 'Scoop one. I did them each in less then two minutes -- and I've read very, very little about the tournament. I know I have the same winner in both, but I honestly don't have any idea if they have the same final four. We'll see how it goes. As I've read about various COVID issues I thought about going back to check and see if I picked the teams (I'm not even sure if I did) but decided not to bother.

Ditto for me.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #9810 on: March 18, 2021, 02:57:31 PM »

My last two jobs I used to run NCAA pools.  My current job is a small company and not enough people interested in joining a pool to bother.
I used to use paper brackets because I wanted the play-in games to count for something.  I made them worth a 1/2 point.  The online brackets don't give the option of picking the play-in games or scoring them.  I had 1st, 2nd & 3rd places for the pool and it made a difference on the final places several times.  I let people turn in after the play-in games but they got auto-0 for any play-in picks.   

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #9811 on: March 18, 2021, 02:59:00 PM »
I believe the tournament is going to be yet another in a long line of sporting events whose numbers fall off significantly.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9812 on: March 18, 2021, 03:05:16 PM »
I believe the tournament is going to be yet another in a long line of sporting events whose numbers fall off significantly.

I think so too. The whole one-site, reduced-fan, strange year vibe just feels off. And it isn't just because MU isn't there, because we have experienced those years in the past and I always felt more 'connected' and 'into' the tournament then.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #9813 on: March 18, 2021, 03:13:19 PM »

Yes. Usually I avoid any talk about predictions or analysis until I can sit down at my desk Monday morning with a paper bracket and pen. This year, no office=no printer=21st century bracket.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9814 on: March 18, 2021, 03:14:51 PM »
My last two jobs I used to run NCAA pools.  My current job is a small company and not enough people interested in joining a pool to bother.
I used to use paper brackets because I wanted the play-in games to count for something.  I made them worth a 1/2 point.  The online brackets don't give the option of picking the play-in games or scoring them.  I had 1st, 2nd & 3rd places for the pool and it made a difference on the final places several times.  I let people turn in after the play-in games but they got auto-0 for any play-in picks.
My sister runs a pool that I built it in Excel, has about 70 people in it most years.  She sends everyone a pick sheet and they fill it in.  I cut and paste the sheets into individual player pages and you fill in the winners and it calculates the scores/standings.  Not as robust as the online stuff, but once all the picks are in I just send out the workbook and everybody can fill in the winners and see the scores themselves.  They can put in winners moving forward to see if they still have a chance.  I literally spent a day at work building it around Christmastime one year when I was in for support and nothing was going on.  Now I need only about an hour every year to get it ready, plus whatever time it takes me to tweak the scoring rules.

Only pain in the neck is the people who don't have Excel, which means we have to fill out the workbook for them.  But that is only about 10% of the people.

I like using Excel because we can change the scoring rules however we want it to be every year. We are not as ambitious as you regarding the opening round, because getting picks in before the Tuesday night games would be near impossible.

She chose not to do it this year for multiple reasons relating to COVID. 

Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9815 on: March 18, 2021, 03:17:10 PM »
Yes. Usually I avoid any talk about predictions or analysis until I can sit down at my desk Monday morning with a paper bracket and pen. This year, no office=no printer=21st century bracket.

I went 21st century...then got even lazier. I did one where you can have the bracket pre-fill itself based on certain parameters (random, best seeds, computer ratings, whatever). So I selected a pre-filled bracket based on computer ratings, then just manually changed a dozen or so.

#laziestbracketever

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #9816 on: March 18, 2021, 08:33:42 PM »
My sister runs a pool that I built it in Excel, has about 70 people in it most years.  She sends everyone a pick sheet and they fill it in.  I cut and paste the sheets into individual player pages and you fill in the winners and it calculates the scores/standings.  Not as robust as the online stuff, but once all the picks are in I just send out the workbook and everybody can fill in the winners and see the scores themselves.  They can put in winners moving forward to see if they still have a chance.  I literally spent a day at work building it around Christmastime one year when I was in for support and nothing was going on.  Now I need only about an hour every year to get it ready, plus whatever time it takes me to tweak the scoring rules.

Only pain in the neck is the people who don't have Excel, which means we have to fill out the workbook for them.  But that is only about 10% of the people.

I like using Excel because we can change the scoring rules however we want it to be every year. We are not as ambitious as you regarding the opening round, because getting picks in before the Tuesday night games would be near impossible.

She chose not to do it this year for multiple reasons relating to COVID.

Use Google Sheets. Cloud Based. Everyone has access. Open Source.
But I like to throw handfuls...

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9817 on: March 18, 2021, 08:37:05 PM »
Use Google Sheets. Cloud Based. Everyone has access. Open Source.

That's what I was thinking too. 
https://support.google.com/docs/answer/9331167?hl=en

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9818 on: March 18, 2021, 08:47:23 PM »
Bold move using Tyson for Mikes hard lemonade.  But the commercials are at least sorta amusing.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #9819 on: March 19, 2021, 05:12:33 PM »
When Mr Harbaugh asked me after winning his Football Title With Western Kentucky earlier that week if Dwyane Wade was going Pro the Day Marquette won the CUSA championship. I told him yes since I saw Wade get in a rusty car with ripped up sweats after MU beat Wake Forest. # AL was the one who introduced me to Tom Crean. And I suggested to AL we should call it the AL.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #9820 on: March 21, 2021, 10:04:46 AM »

I think it's time to fuel up the Scoop marine mammal rescue vehicle and save this poor soul.

Mods - make it happen.

The walrus is now in Wales and looking healthy.  Apparently he's on a European tour before heading back to Greenland.  :)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9821 on: March 21, 2021, 10:38:24 AM »
The walrus is now in Wales and looking healthy.  Apparently he's on a European tour before heading back to Greenland.  :)

It's a smoke screen for the flight trackers. Headed to MKE for an interview

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9822 on: March 21, 2021, 10:38:41 AM »

But don't Wales eat walruses?

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #9823 on: March 21, 2021, 07:00:26 PM »
When Mr Harbaugh asked me after winning his Football Title With Western Kentucky earlier that week if Dwyane Wade was going Pro the Day Marquette won the CUSA championship. I told him yes since I saw Wade get in a rusty car with ripped up sweats after MU beat Wake Forest. # AL was the one who introduced me to Tom Crean. And I suggested to AL we should call it the AL.
I like this site since for years I physically Hung Around The Al off and on.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #9824 on: March 21, 2021, 07:26:11 PM »

But don't Wales eat walruses?

Well played Goooo.  Killer whales can go after Walrus pups.  But Killer Whales are acoustic animals and don't care for Welsh music or the sound of Hannibal Lechter slurping fava beans.