[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1948669 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: NM
« Reply #9775 on: March 15, 2021, 01:47:27 PM »
Apparently a Walrus fell asleep on an iceberg near Greenland and wound up on a beach on the Dingle Peninsula in Ireland.

It’s must have been really awkward when the border control agent asked to see his passport.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #9776 on: March 15, 2021, 02:58:01 PM »

It’s must have been really awkward when the border control agent asked to see his passport.

Do not disparage Walruses Goooo.  They are highly, highly, intelligent.  They are also social and tactile animals....I'm concerned this young Walrus will have trouble getting home.  Especially if he celebrates St. P day.  In all seriousness Walruses are basically sea puppies except they get to be too heavy and large.  But if you had a lot of property, and could build an arctic atmosphere, they would be pretty content.
Although they have no self control mechanism with food and you're probably looking at 40K a month.  :)

uote author=GooooMarquette link=topic=54409.msg1322612#msg1322612 date=1615834047]

[/quote]

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9777 on: March 15, 2021, 03:08:55 PM »

Do not disparage Walruses Goooo.  They are highly, highly, intelligent.  They are also social and tactile animals....I'm concerned this young Walrus will have trouble getting home.  Especially if he celebrates St. P day.  In all seriousness Walruses are basically sea puppies except they get to be too heavy and large.  But if you had a lot of property, and could build an arctic atmosphere, they would be pretty content.
Although they have no self control mechanism with food and you're probably looking at 40K a month.  :)

To be honest, I have a weak spot for large marine mammals. The manatee is my personal favorite, but I certainly have no animus toward young Wallace and his ilk. As you mentioned, let's hope he goes easy on St. Patty's day, so he can rebuild his strength and make it home safely.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #9778 on: March 15, 2021, 03:32:31 PM »

To be honest, I have a weak spot for large marine mammals. The manatee is my personal favorite, but I certainly have no animus toward young Wallace and his ilk. As you mentioned, let's hope he goes easy on St. Patty's day, so he can rebuild his strength and make it home safely.

I do as well and manatees are cool as hell.  All marine mammals are awesome but walruses seem to get overlooked.  Everyone seems to  love whales, dolphins, sea otters, and seals.  However, the mighty walrus may be the smartest of the bunch.  When they are in captivity they learn wicked fast.  Part of it may be because of the reward system which includes chests of small fish and other delicacies when they listen to the trainers.  But orphaned walrus pups in Alaska have blown away marine biologists in Seward.  They're very difficult to study in the wild because of their preferred areas of comfort.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9779 on: March 15, 2021, 04:20:40 PM »
I do as well and manatees are cool as hell.  All marine mammals are awesome but walruses seem to get overlooked.  Everyone seems to  love whales, dolphins, sea otters, and seals.  However, the mighty walrus may be the smartest of the bunch.  When they are in captivity they learn wicked fast.  Part of it may be because of the reward system which includes chests of small fish and other delicacies when they listen to the trainers.  But orphaned walrus pups in Alaska have blown away marine biologists in Seward.  They're very difficult to study in the wild because of their preferred areas of comfort.

No beaver or sea lion mentions?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9780 on: March 15, 2021, 04:34:36 PM »

Where is Keefe when we need him to hit that softball outta the park?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #9781 on: March 15, 2021, 05:34:13 PM »

Both tremendous animals as well.  I just feel Walruses should be universally respected and their greatness should be highlighted.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9782 on: March 15, 2021, 05:34:59 PM »
Koo koo ka joo
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9783 on: March 15, 2021, 07:57:14 PM »
Wow - this is just crazy.

Cheerleader's mom accused of making "deepfake" videos of daughter's rivals

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/raffaela-spone-cheerleader-mom-deepfakes/#app

A Pennsylvania woman is accused of doctoring photos and video of her daughter's cheerleading rivals to try to get them kicked off the squad, officials said. The Bucks County District Attroney's Office last week charged Raffaela Spone, 50, with three misdemeanor counts of cyber harassment of a child and related offenses.

Spone manipulated photos from social media of three girls on the Victory Vipers cheerleading squad in Chalfont to make it appear they were drinking, smoking and even nude, investigators said.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #9784 on: March 15, 2021, 08:34:25 PM »
Just when I think things could not get any better/worse by making Team Captain on Scoop feel totally redeemed and Am just Thankful to Finally make All American on Scoop. # Lifetime Goals # Blessed # Anything Else is a Bonus # Honored Esteemed Scoopers # Does Not Get Any Better Than This

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #9785 on: March 15, 2021, 10:42:34 PM »
Both tremendous animals as well.  I just feel Walruses should be universally respected and their greatness should be highlighted.

Marquette Walruses!?! A two-fer.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9786 on: March 15, 2021, 10:57:31 PM »
Marquette Walruses!?! A two-fer.

There was a HUGE effort to get Merriam-Webster to change the plural to Walri a few years back. Despite this unprecedented outpouring of public sentiment, the plural remains unchanged.

https://www.change.org/p/merriam-webster-change-the-plural-of-walrus-to-walri

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #9787 on: March 15, 2021, 11:21:57 PM »
Further details have come out about this Walrus sighting.  A 5yr old Irish girl first spotted the mighty mammal on a  beach near her home on the Dingle Peninsula, while on a walk with her dad.  Soon after her father saw it and made a video.  Now there is serious concern about the health of this young Walrus as it has not been seen for many hours.  This little girl, according to her mom, drew a series of Walrus pictures after the incident.   May God bless this wonderful child. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 11:25:13 PM by MuggsyB »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9788 on: March 16, 2021, 08:10:14 AM »
Further details have come out about this Walrus sighting.  A 5yr old Irish girl first spotted the mighty mammal on a  beach near her home on the Dingle Peninsula, while on a walk with her dad.  Soon after her father saw it and made a video.  Now there is serious concern about the health of this young Walrus as it has not been seen for many hours.  This little girl, according to her mom, drew a series of Walrus pictures after the incident.   May God bless this wonderful child.

If this was a Seal we'd be in the real life version of Secret of Roan Inish
Maigh Eo for Sam

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #9789 on: March 16, 2021, 08:28:24 AM »
If this was a Seal we'd be in the real life version of Secret of Roan Inish

It really is!!  Great movie.  Most of it was shot in Donegal.  Hopefully that walrus finds some mussels in the area.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9790 on: March 16, 2021, 09:13:27 AM »

I think it's time to fuel up the Scoop marine mammal rescue vehicle and save this poor soul.

Mods - make it happen.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #9791 on: March 16, 2021, 10:47:06 AM »

see below, the Beatles didn't make any manatee songs did they? The walrus gets plenty of love!
Koo koo ka joo
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 11:00:43 AM by Spotcheck Billy »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9792 on: March 16, 2021, 11:31:29 AM »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9793 on: March 16, 2021, 01:03:20 PM »

see below, the Beatles didn't make any manatee songs did they? The walrus gets plenty of love!

Yeah...but then there's this....

https://www.facebook.com/themightymanateesband/posts/get-your-beatles-fix-manatee-style-on-sunday/2596349880383195/

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9794 on: March 17, 2021, 01:27:16 PM »
Just did one of those randomly generated brackets on ESPN.com. The Final Four includes Drexel (#16), Arkansas (#3), LSU (#8) and Eastern Washington (#14). LSU squeaks past the Dragons for the title.

#donedeal

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9795 on: March 17, 2021, 01:32:52 PM »
Just did one of those randomly generated brackets on ESPN.com. The Final Four includes Drexel (#16), Arkansas (#3), LSU (#8) and Eastern Washington (#14). LSU squeaks past the Dragons for the title.

#donedeal

Sounds a little "extra" random!

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9796 on: March 17, 2021, 01:34:02 PM »

#donedeal

I've got two nephews at EWU who would love that.  Unfortunately, I'm probably going to have to listen to my brother blather on and on about that other eastern Washington school that he attended.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9797 on: March 17, 2021, 01:35:01 PM »
Sounds a little "extra" random!

True. It even had the rodents beating a better seed. Talk about crazy stuff....

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #9798 on: March 17, 2021, 01:36:16 PM »
https://ktul.com/amp/news/local/pilot-arrested-at-jenks-airport-with-102-pounds-of-meth?__twitter_impression=true

Badlands McNally was arrested at Jenks Tulsa Airport with 102.7 pounds of methamphetamine.

"When they opened the door of McNally's plane, there was an overwhelming smell of chemicals from inside, according to the report."

"Agents found two large black duffel bags, carrying 102.7 pounds of meth, as well as two pistols and a rifle with multiple magazines behind the pilot's seat."

..........Walter White, Gus Fring, and Hector Salamanca were not available for comment. When reached for comment, Jesse Pinkman said, "Yeah B**tches."

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9799 on: March 17, 2021, 01:36:25 PM »
I've got two nephews at EWU who would love that.  Unfortunately, I'm probably going to have to listen to my brother blather on and on about that other eastern Washington school that he attended.

You can tell him that the other eastern Washington school lost in the second round in my bracket....