[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1948465 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: NM
« Reply #5500 on: December 18, 2018, 09:49:08 AM »
ND sucks.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #5501 on: December 18, 2018, 09:51:38 AM »
dump that aluminum, it leaches off the pan into your food and can cause alzheimers (that's what the Lifetime by West Bend reps told us anyhoo  8-))

I am starting to pay attention to the  studies that say that sugar causes alzheimers.  Everyone I know who suffers or suffered from it had a wicked sweet tooth.
Have some patience, FFS.

leever

• All American
« Reply #5502 on: December 18, 2018, 09:58:23 AM »
I am starting to pay attention to the  studies that say that sugar causes alzheimers.  Everyone I know who suffers or suffered from it had a wicked sweet tooth.
Most people that I knew who have passed away ate at least one pickle.  Pickles may be the leading cause of death in the world.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5503 on: December 18, 2018, 09:59:36 AM »
we have non-stick Calphalon.  Have had to replace a few omelet pans and a griddle.  my macaroni and cheese pan is due for a replacement too.  We've sent a few back on their warranty plan and have never had any issues.  Our stuff is 15+ years old.

Honestly, I know nothing of their warranty plan.  We've had our stuff for about 20 years or so.  It's getting pretty bad.  I'll have to look into it.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #5504 on: December 18, 2018, 10:05:58 AM »
I love all-clad and calphalon and it lasts a long time.  But they're expensive as hell.

I replaced a 15 year old all-clad non-stick with Tramontina.  It's great so far.  Handle is good, but the silicon sheath can slide off - slowly.  And the price is much less. 
It has good weight and feels balanced. 

I would expect their higher end line of stainless to be comparable to All-Clad. 

The better part of cooking w/o non-stick is you learn much better temperature control.  Over time.

I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #5505 on: December 18, 2018, 10:08:45 AM »
I have some old family pictures that I would like to copy. No negatives - just 50+ year old snapshots, polaroids, school pics and such. I only have a dozen or two because my parents lost or discarded most of my childhood through a bitter divorce, a series of moves and the passage of time.

I'm hesitant to send these through the mail because it's all I have. Any thoughts about the quality of walk-in places like Kinko's for photo copying? Other ideas where I wouldn't have to send through the mail?

We used iMemories.  We had a ton of old film, slides and photo albums.  I think they were reasonably priced, and they did a nice job on some 50 year old film. 

But for that small a quantity, I'd get a scanner for under $100 or a printer that has scanning ability.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #5506 on: December 18, 2018, 10:13:06 AM »
Yikes!  Does the manufacturer recommend washing them in the dishwasher?  I have the cast aluminum, and they say not to.

I just have the classic set.  It is dishwasher safe.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #5507 on: December 18, 2018, 10:51:30 AM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/01/the-startling-link-between-sugar-and-alzheimers/551528/

I probably should have skipped that bowl of Fruit Loops for breakfast.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #5508 on: December 18, 2018, 11:23:33 AM »
Popeyes just introduced Emotional Support Chicken for the upcoming holiday travel season.  Brilliant.  Another idea I missed out on! 

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/popeyes-launches-emotional-support-chicken-carrier-at-philadelphia-airport

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #5509 on: December 18, 2018, 11:44:46 AM »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5510 on: December 18, 2018, 11:49:08 AM »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5511 on: December 18, 2018, 12:31:20 PM »
You are forced to evacuate your home, you may never return and you can bring along one item of MU-related memorabilia. What do you bring?

For me, it's my autographed ticket stub from the '77 Championship game.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #5512 on: December 18, 2018, 12:34:28 PM »
For me, its my autographed shirt from the 2003 team that I had signed the whole team sign right before the Kentucky game.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5513 on: December 18, 2018, 12:45:53 PM »
You are forced to evacuate your home, you may never return and you can bring along one item of MU-related memorabilia. What do you bring?

Either my Dwyane Wade autographed final four banner or my wife.  Decisions...decisions...
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #5514 on: December 18, 2018, 12:56:00 PM »
I don't have any cool basketball stuff, so it would have to be my GDL shirt from 1982.
Have some patience, FFS.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #5515 on: December 18, 2018, 01:08:06 PM »
Why are you asking a bunch of dudes?

Cookware is something you use every day (unlike, say, an expensive smoker or barbecue grill, if you get my drift) . If you buy the good stuff, you will have it for the rest of your life. We have Calphalon we got for our wedding, and it's as good as the first time we used it.

Buy her what she wants.

I was the one who put the Calphalon on our wedding registry, and I can attest to both the durability and longevity. 

In fact, the next time my wife uses the Calphalon, it will seem like brand new to her, not just because it's held up well, but because it will also be the first time she uses it.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #5516 on: December 18, 2018, 01:15:35 PM »
dump that aluminum, it leaches off the pan into your food and can cause alzheimers (that's what the Lifetime by West Bend reps told us anyhoo  8-))

When heated, aluminum will form an oxide layer* that's inert, non-toxic and encapsulates the Al ions (that supposedly cause a lot more than Alzheimers).  That's why you never scrub an aluminum anything.  A cycle through the dishwasher is fine, especially if you have a high heat or sanitary dry setting (again, heat helps create the oxide).

(Stainless vs. aluminum is an ongoing discussion in home brewing circles, and the myth of aluminum causing sickness keeps popping up like a Kenyan birth certificate.)

*Al2O3 -- Same stuff they use in sunscreens, cosmetics and birth control.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 01:20:18 PM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #5517 on: December 18, 2018, 01:21:06 PM »

For me, it's my autographed ticket stub from the '77 Championship game.

The MU hat I got my first tour of MU's campus.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5518 on: December 18, 2018, 02:06:24 PM »
Ain’t need no cookware to eat at Taco Bell & Portillo’s
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #5519 on: December 18, 2018, 02:42:49 PM »

Honestly, the big problem is oxygen.  Quit consuming that and you won't have any problems with Alzheimers, Cancer, Diabetes or Heart Disease.

That, and dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO).  That crap is in everything and if you breathe it in, it can kill you.

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 02:45:53 PM by forgetful »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5520 on: December 18, 2018, 03:11:46 PM »
Honestly, the big problem is oxygen.  Quit consuming that and you won't have any problems with Alzheimers, Cancer, Diabetes or Heart Disease.

That, and dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO).  That crap is in everything and if you breathe it in, it can kill you.

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Interestingly, too much oxygen actually can cause serious health issues, like blindness. They first noted this in premature infants, who are routinely treated with oxygen because of their immature lungs. Since then, there have been reports of high concentrations of oxygen causing blindness in adults.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #5521 on: December 18, 2018, 04:21:00 PM »
Popeyes just introduced Emotional Support Chicken for the upcoming holiday travel season.  Brilliant.  Another idea I missed out on! 

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/popeyes-launches-emotional-support-chicken-carrier-at-philadelphia-airport

Today's The Onion.

KFC Blames Popeyes For Releasing Serial Rapist From Prison In New Attack Ad Campaign
https://www.theonion.com/kfc-blames-popeyes-for-releasing-serial-rapist-from-pri-1831164946

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5522 on: December 18, 2018, 04:39:22 PM »
Interestingly, too much oxygen actually can cause serious health issues, like blindness. They first noted this in premature infants, who are routinely treated with oxygen because of their immature lungs. Since then, there have been reports of high concentrations of oxygen causing blindness in adults.

You call it "oxygen", I call it punching the clown.  Whatevs.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5523 on: December 18, 2018, 07:20:17 PM »
Eaton grains will due it two ya, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5524 on: December 18, 2018, 08:06:22 PM »
I may cook up another Screamin Sicilian calzone. Best stuff ever
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.