[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1948023 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #5300 on: November 26, 2018, 09:54:53 AM »
Really? Honestly, no idea.

Pretty sure WC fought the "slider" label for a long time before they decided to embrace it.

Now every small sandwich is called a "slider".  It competes with "artisanal" as the most overused food term.
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5301 on: November 26, 2018, 12:29:23 PM »
Everybody seems to have lots of toppings on their "greatest burgers." I once watched a show that went around showing their "greatest burgers," and there was one place that only had them plain - no toppings or condiments allowed. Kind of a burger Nazi thing, I guess.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #5302 on: November 26, 2018, 01:03:25 PM »
Everybody seems to have lots of toppings on their "greatest burgers." I once watched a show that went around showing their "greatest burgers," and there was one place that only had them plain - no toppings or condiments allowed. Kind of a burger Nazi thing, I guess.

Louis Lunch in New Haven, CT.  Opened in 1895.

http://louislunch.com/

No ketchup, no fries, and white bread only.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5303 on: November 26, 2018, 03:18:47 PM »
Wife’s homemade chocolate chocolate chip cookie tonight - best nighttime snack ever!

Sew, dat's watt weir callin' it now, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #5304 on: November 27, 2018, 08:40:48 PM »

Sew, dat's watt weir callin' it now, hey?

Daddy’s got a sweet tooth tonight!! 😋
don't...don't don't don't don't

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5305 on: November 27, 2018, 09:32:53 PM »
   Daddy’s got a sweet tooth tonight!! 😋

Time for a chocolate chocolate chip cookie!!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #5306 on: November 28, 2018, 08:28:21 AM »
https://www.npr.org/2018/11/28/671394863/for-defense-against-active-shooters-mich-school-hands-out-hockey-pucks

They missed the obvious thing to throw at shooters.  Beef n Cheddars.   They don't do as much (immediate) damage, but it's hard to not take a moment to enjoy one or three.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #5307 on: November 28, 2018, 08:33:16 AM »
https://www.npr.org/2018/11/28/671394863/for-defense-against-active-shooters-mich-school-hands-out-hockey-pucks

They missed the obvious thing to throw at shooters.  Beef n Cheddars.   They don't do as much (immediate) damage, but it's hard to not take a moment to enjoy one or three.

I hear that the CDC handed out rubiks cubes for defense against the e coli in the romaine lettuce.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5308 on: November 28, 2018, 02:33:09 PM »
Cholula sauce is (finally) available in small packets like ketchup and mustard have been for years.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5309 on: November 28, 2018, 04:53:40 PM »
Cholula sauce is (finally) available in small packets like ketchup and mustard have been for years.

Pet peeve - places where employees hand out the packets of condiments, and they clearly have been advised to be stingy.

It's especially bad overseas - most notably, England. Our two daughters wanted burgers and fries, and they each use about 2 packets of ketchup on a burger and 3 or 4 for an order of fries (so we'd need about 10-12 total). I ordered and asked emphatically for "a lot of" ketchup. We got 2 packets total. I politely said "we're going to need several more, please," so the person reluctantly gave us 2 more. Finally I asked what it would take for about eight more. Hell, I would have paid extra if it had been an option. At long last, the person rolled her eyes and relented.

I mean, really....

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #5310 on: November 28, 2018, 05:14:42 PM »

If you can't get Sonoran Salsa, El Yucoteco is the bomb.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5311 on: November 28, 2018, 05:23:51 PM »
Pet peeve - places where employees hand out the packets of condiments, and they clearly have been advised to be stingy.

It's especially bad overseas - most notably, England. Our two daughters wanted burgers and fries, and they each use about 2 packets of ketchup on a burger and 3 or 4 for an order of fries (so we'd need about 10-12 total). I ordered and asked emphatically for "a lot of" ketchup. We got 2 packets total. I politely said "we're going to need several more, please," so the person reluctantly gave us 2 more. Finally I asked what it would take for about eight more. Hell, I would have paid extra if it had been an option. At long last, the person rolled her eyes and relented.

I mean, really....

The Brits put malt vinegar on their chips.  The person probably thought you were a half-wit American.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #5312 on: November 28, 2018, 06:16:28 PM »

I mean, really....

I throw away probably 90 percent of the condiments I am given. I eat my fries without anything other than a little salt. I actually like the taste of a good French fry; I don't treat it as a utensil for eating ketchup.
If stinginess with condiments keeps down the price of my meal, I am all for it.
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5313 on: November 28, 2018, 06:53:58 PM »
Ketchup is pure trash.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #5314 on: November 28, 2018, 07:39:24 PM »
Ketchup is pure trash.

We've gone like 50 pages without me having to ban anyone on this thread.  You take that back.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #5315 on: November 28, 2018, 07:45:31 PM »
We've gone like 50 pages without me having to ban anyone on this thread.  You take that back.

I hope you don’t put it on hot dogs.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5316 on: November 28, 2018, 07:52:00 PM »
I throw away probably 90 percent of the condiments I am given. I eat my fries without anything other than a little salt. I actually like the taste of a good French fry; I don't treat it as a utensil for eating ketchup.

I’m not calling for them to automatically put a fistful of condiments in every order, but when a customer has to ask over and over, it’s going too far the other way. Would you like to have to ask three times for your salt?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #5317 on: November 28, 2018, 07:55:23 PM »

That’s right — a French fry should be a utensil for fat and salt only.  No sugar vinegar and more salt allowed!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #5318 on: November 29, 2018, 06:00:26 AM »
If you can't get Sonoran Salsa, El Yucoteco is the bomb.

True that, bought in Mexico once never looked back. I use XXXXTRA Hot Habanero
Goal is National Championship

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5319 on: November 29, 2018, 12:38:28 PM »
Gotta love Toyota's understatement in the recall of vehicles whose REAR WHEELS MIGHT FALL OFF. Apparently the loss of rear wheels leads to "a potential loss of vehicle stability" which "could increase the risk of a crash."

Potential? Could? Umm...a 2 or 3-wheeled car would definitely be less stable, and would definitely be at increased risk to crash.

https://corporatenews.pressroom.toyota.com/releases/toyota+is+conducting+a+safety+recall+involving+certain+2019+chr+vehicles.htm

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #5320 on: November 29, 2018, 12:55:02 PM »
Gotta love Toyota's understatement in the recall of vehicles whose REAR WHEELS MIGHT FALL OFF. Apparently the loss of rear wheels leads to "a potential loss of vehicle stability" which "could increase the risk of a crash."

Potential? Could? Umm...a 2 or 3-wheeled car would definitely be less stable, and would definitely be at increased risk to crash.

https://corporatenews.pressroom.toyota.com/releases/toyota+is+conducting+a+safety+recall+involving+certain+2019+chr+vehicles.htm

It says loss of vehicle stability (i.e. all stability is lost), not a loss to vehicle stability (i.e. less stability).

Even if you lose a wheel, two of your wheels are still going to be on the ground.  Under 30 mph or so, you're probably not going to lose complete control of the vehicle unless you full-out panic.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

BCBaller

• Walk-On
« Reply #5321 on: November 29, 2018, 01:03:42 PM »
My first post here on scroop but Just posting here cuz Brew Crew Ball is down so Im coming here instead just wanted to give a heads up for others in a similar situation

http://www.brewcityball.com/homepage.php

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #5322 on: November 29, 2018, 01:16:31 PM »
Eat more salsa! What’s a scroop? :o

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #5323 on: November 29, 2018, 01:38:03 PM »
hard to believe it's been almost 2 weeks since a thread was locked

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #5324 on: November 29, 2018, 02:06:32 PM »
hard to believe it's been almost 2 weeks since a thread was locked
Challenge Accepted!
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.