[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1948860 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: NM
« Reply #5025 on: November 01, 2018, 08:38:08 AM »
Depends how long you want your retirement to last.

;D

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #5026 on: November 01, 2018, 08:44:09 AM »
Kinda forgot I had a box of Boo-Berry and Count Chocula in the pantry until this morning.

Opened the Double-B first, thinking I'd ramp up to the Double-C next week.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #5027 on: November 01, 2018, 08:48:43 AM »
Re: retirement anyone familiar with St George’s Utah? I’ve heard good things.

St. George is great.  Big enough to be a real place with a population maybe 90,000.  Wonderful access to outstanding outdoor recreation if you're into that.  More elevation than Vegas so it's not warm at all in the winter.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #5028 on: November 01, 2018, 08:55:05 AM »
As to Goooooo's comment, my question is have you ever been off the Strip?  We almost NEVER even go to the Strip.  So no disrespect intended but anyone who's only experience with Vegas is the Strip doesn't know Vegas.  (Again, perhaps Gooooo is well traveled throughout the area.) 

I like to say that we live in Palm Springs with a real airport.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #5029 on: November 01, 2018, 08:56:47 AM »
chick is correct.  We flew into Phoenix for Thanksgiving, went to the Grand Canyon, then had a choice of driving back to PHX or Vegas to fly back.  At first we were going to fly out at 8pm, but I found a flight the next morning and we decided to stay overnight, show the kids 6 hours of Vegas. 

Funny, I remember my 10 year old summarizing the trip, "Dad, there sure is a lot of inappropriate things in Vegas."

That's hilarious.  Yeah, I wouldn't raise kids there probably.  Too much temptation.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5030 on: November 01, 2018, 09:31:36 AM »
There is candy everywhere at the office today. Fortunately I played hoops early this AM so I’m going to help reduce the excess candy inventory. Kit Kat & 100 Grand we’re in my first haul. Great candy bars, both of ‘em
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #5031 on: November 01, 2018, 10:11:01 AM »
I brought two mangos to work today to stave off temptation.  Unfortunately, what knives we have around here (that aren't plastic) are duller than 4ever using proper grammar.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #5032 on: November 01, 2018, 07:53:59 PM »
Best candy bar ever!!!! Are they still around? I'd order a year's supply if they're available.

Clark bar was available until about June of this year.  the Co had $$ probs.  Sold a couple of times, but now some candy Co bought the "Clark Bar" and plans to start making it again.....

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #5033 on: November 01, 2018, 08:14:23 PM »
Clark bar was available until about June of this year.  the Co had $$ probs.  Sold a couple of times, but now some candy Co bought the "Clark Bar" and plans to start making it again.....

Hooray!!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #5034 on: November 01, 2018, 09:26:25 PM »
waukesha had tricks n treats from 5-7 last night.  knew i wouldn't be home in time-set out a big bowl of snickers, peanut M & M's, almond joys.  probably about 50 pieces?  security cam showed about 15 kids came through-i'll bet there are still 30 pieces in the bowl.  i expected a few kids to just tip the thing into their bag and move on?  happy to admit my cynicism was way off.  actually i wish they did cuz those damn candy things are talkin to me

i'm gonna keep my pad here but establish 6 mos and a day in surprise Az.  LOTS of golf courses!
don't...don't don't don't don't

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #5035 on: November 02, 2018, 07:05:35 AM »
waukesha had tricks n treats from 5-7 last night.  knew i wouldn't be home in time-set out a big bowl of snickers, peanut M & M's, almond joys.  probably about 50 pieces?  security cam showed about 15 kids came through-i'll bet there are still 30 pieces in the bowl.  i expected a few kids to just tip the thing into their bag and move on?  happy to admit my cynicism was way off.  actually i wish they did cuz those damn candy things are talkin to me

i'm gonna keep my pad here but establish 6 mos and a day in surprise Az.  LOTS of golf courses!

Many years ago, we took our kids trick or treating in my in-laws' neighborhood on the south side of Milwaukee. A kid dumped an entire bowl of candy into his bag just as a cop car happened to be driving by. Guess who got dropped off at his own house by a police officer? It was awesome.
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5036 on: November 02, 2018, 08:19:13 AM »
As to Goooooo's comment, my question is have you ever been off the Strip?  We almost NEVER even go to the Strip.  So no disrespect intended but anyone who's only experience with Vegas is the Strip doesn't know Vegas.  (Again, perhaps Gooooo is well traveled throughout the area.) 

I like to say that we live in Palm Springs with a real airport.

Most of my time was on or near the strip...but that was largely because every time I asked for recommendations (even when I specified "quiet" or "out of the way"), they were strip-area places. Anyhow, I did acknowledge that there are some nice communities away from the strip and that I could see why some have Vegas on their "retirement possibilities" list. All in all, I'm glad I've seen it, but it will be a while before I return.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #5037 on: November 02, 2018, 09:09:34 AM »

Most of my time was on or near the strip...but that was largely because every time I asked for recommendations (even when I specified "quiet" or "out of the way"), they were strip-area places. Anyhow, I did acknowledge that there are some nice communities away from the strip and that I could see why some have Vegas on their "retirement possibilities" list. All in all, I'm glad I've seen it, but it will be a while before I return.

All cool.  If you go back, ask away.   :)

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5038 on: November 02, 2018, 09:54:26 AM »
oh

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #5039 on: November 02, 2018, 10:06:55 AM »
Goal is National Championship

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #5040 on: November 02, 2018, 10:14:17 AM »

The one time I was in Vegas, I probably I covered more of that city than 95% of visitors, and I didn't set foot downtown or on the strip once.  Anywhere I went, it felt like I could have been in Phoenix, Austin, or Salt Lake City... aside from the occasional slot machine you could see through the gas station widows, it was the complete opposite of what most people expect going to LV.  Summerlin is a very nice area, went for a nice jog over by Nellis, had a great dinner one night somewhere up by the muni airport.  Cheap housing, low cost of living, no income taxes... for someone looking for a retirement haven, it should be on anyone's list.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5041 on: November 02, 2018, 10:49:20 AM »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #5042 on: November 02, 2018, 10:50:04 AM »
The one time I was in Vegas, I probably I covered more of that city than 95% of visitors, and I didn't set foot downtown or on the strip once.  Anywhere I went, it felt like I could have been in Phoenix, Austin, or Salt Lake City... aside from the occasional slot machine you could see through the gas station widows, it was the complete opposite of what most people expect going to LV.  Summerlin is a very nice area, went for a nice jog over by Nellis, had a great dinner one night somewhere up by the muni airport.  Cheap housing, low cost of living, no income taxes... for someone looking for a retirement haven, it should be on anyone's list.

Ding, ding.  Also, the weather is absolutely great 10 months a year. Now there are parts of town I wouldn't consider living in but that's another topic.  And actually your percentage is more like 99.9%.  What many don't know is that Vegas has a significant Mormon population so there is a touch of 'SLC lite'.  Frankly, that's good given the reason for the town's existence.  Generally folks are very polite and courteous.

The other thing that I'd add is that it doesn't have as much 'hometown feel' as a typical Midwestern town.  So many transplants, many of whom are in the hospitality industry and used to 'being friendly' with strangers they don't have an actual relationship with results in a little less 'community', especially because the 'come and go rate' is higher than most places.  I will say that the Golden Knights are really helping with that sense of community pride.  Now we all have something in common.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5043 on: November 02, 2018, 10:53:50 AM »
Ding, ding.  Also, the weather is absolutely great 10 months a year.

Bruh 110 degrees of scorching heat ain’t “absolutely great”.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #5044 on: November 02, 2018, 10:56:51 AM »

+1 and as much as humidity sucks, so does 0% humidity. It's like you're in an oven.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #5045 on: November 02, 2018, 10:59:03 AM »

You actually think the temperature gets that high on a regular basis?

Have some patience, FFS.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #5046 on: November 02, 2018, 10:59:57 AM »

Meh... just get yourself one of these.

+1 and as much as humidity sucks, so does 0% humidity. It's like you're in an oven.

And these:

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #5047 on: November 02, 2018, 11:04:17 AM »

That's why I said 10 months.   :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 11:07:43 AM by jsglow »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5048 on: November 02, 2018, 12:24:47 PM »
You actually think the temperature gets that high on a regular basis?

Never said that. Please stop with these awful, hurtful tall tales!!

I think there are a good 4 months where the average*** highs are in the mid-90s to mid-100s. It’s unbearable. Yuck yuck yuck.

(PS- I also reserve the right to b1tch about snow & cold weather)

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #5049 on: November 02, 2018, 01:04:15 PM »
Never said that. Please stop with these awful, hurtful tall tales!!

I think there are a good 4 months where the average*** highs are in the mid-90s to mid-100s. It’s unbearable. Yuck yuck yuck.

(PS- I also reserve the right to b1tch about snow & cold weather)

Goalpost shift.     ;)

Just funnin' ya.  The reality is that Vegas weather is very much too hot when it's in the 110 range.  Mid 90s is actually a beautiful day.  And a 55 degree sunny day in January when it's 10 back in WI feels like summer.  But that's why we all get to be where we want.  Carry on.    :)

feedback