[May 01, 2024, 07:53:32 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1949280 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #4675 on: October 02, 2018, 09:49:02 PM »
FIFY Mr. Compensating

Thank you for that!

#TheRighteousHypocrites
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #4676 on: October 02, 2018, 10:21:07 PM »

#TheRighteousHypocrites
I've never seen this, could you explain what it means specific to me having objection to your homophobia, misogyny, xenophobia?  Is it something you heard from Tucker, Ben and/or Sean....or is it a unique JB "trying to appear super tough on the internet" thing?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4677 on: October 02, 2018, 11:20:36 PM »
Jazz Hands are in.  Clapping is banned to avoid anxiety. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/clapping-banned-university-to-avoid-13344363

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #4678 on: October 02, 2018, 11:28:48 PM »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/clapping-banned-university-to-avoid-13344363

Seriously, some of this is gettin ridiculous.  My university now demands that grad students never use red ink when grading papers, and must give +points, instead of -points when grading. 

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #4679 on: October 03, 2018, 02:17:08 AM »
So a racehorse walks into a bar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiURXV1liB0

Incredible! The man who nonchalantly goes behind the table.....he just missed being gelded by that kicked chair.
There have been instances of racehorses' hind hooves kicking so fiercely that loading-gate workers have been killed if they lose track of their position relative to the horses.

The horse isn't kicking because she wants to hurt people...she just feels that uneven saddle and wants it off her damn back. Some horses love their job and live to race....others should be turned out to graze and run the fields for awhile. The old adage holds true.....way more horses have people problems than people have horse problems.

There was a great German bred horse named LOMITAS, who hated the gate so much, he would either dwell or rear every time.After a year of wasted starts, his trainer was referred to the gentle Canadian horse whisperer Monty Roberts, who slowly used unique methods to school the colt to not fear the gate. LOMITAS went on to win multiple Group I and Group II Stakes races in his native Germany, and is basically the most loved horse in that country's equine history.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4680 on: October 03, 2018, 07:02:14 AM »

Sounds like that school has some future (or current) Scoopers, @1nul?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4681 on: October 03, 2018, 07:14:52 AM »

UW@Madison hoops fans have been doing that at the Kohl Hole morgue for years...

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4682 on: October 03, 2018, 08:41:48 AM »

to be fair it's only at union events which aren't exactly concerts and sports but it is quite ridiculous. They're identifying an issue they wish to fix, I'd be curious to see how much research was done in who feels they cannot attend due to applause or cheering. If it increases attendence dramatically then fair play to them if it is an increase of one or two individuals, or say a couple individuals who already go but were anxious then it seems a bit odd.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 08:43:31 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4683 on: October 03, 2018, 08:44:59 AM »
College students do something old people find strange. Ho hum...

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4684 on: October 03, 2018, 08:51:49 AM »
to be fair it's only at union events which aren't exactly concerts and sports but it is quite ridiculous. They're identifying an issue they wish to fix, I'd be curious to see how much research was done in who feels they cannot attend due to applause or cheering. If it increases attendence dramatically then fair play to them if it is an increase of one or two individuals, or say a couple individuals who already go but were anxious then it seems a bit odd.

First, huddles turned into cuddles.  Now, claps turn into Jazz Hands.  Next thing you know, Arby's will turn into Soarbwings.  Slaps of five into Hover Digits?  Should this be in the Doom thread?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4685 on: October 03, 2018, 08:59:55 AM »
Next thing you know, Arby's will turn into Soarbwings. 
I don't know what this new Soarbwings concept is, but it sounds like an improvement.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #4686 on: October 03, 2018, 10:22:23 AM »
Probably been 15+ years.

The last 5-6 years they have been building a combination of high rise apartments and renovated historical buildings & factories and they are filled before construction is even competed.  There's two more high rises kicked off this summer and two more planned that I know about.  Yale just finished two new dormitories.  No vacant storefronts anywhere downtown and restaurants are filled all week.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4687 on: October 03, 2018, 10:45:43 AM »

I'm not sure how things work across the pond but it was a group of students who banned this. I don't think they have any actual power to enforce it, more of a request than a ban.

I'm struggling with this one. I understand the thought process. I work with people who have PTSD on at least a weekly basis. One of my best friends from back home served in Afghanistan and came back with a pretty severe case. When people struggling with PTSD run into one of their triggers, there's often nothing they can do to stop a reaction and it's terrible to watch. It took a while for my friend to identify one of his main triggers. It was the smell of onions. The bazaar where he and his unit were ambushed reeked of onions and their smell triggered panic attacks and flashbacks for him. There have been cases of loud applause setting off someone's PTSD, so I understand wanting to help that group.

All that being said, my friend would never expect a space to ban onions from the premises. That wouldn't be a reasonable request. It sucks, it's awful but if your PTSD is so bad that applause could be potentially debilitating, then perhaps that person needs to seek treatment before attending university. It's simply not reasonable to expect that you will never run into applause or other loud noises.

Good intentions here but poor execution.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4688 on: October 03, 2018, 10:55:42 AM »
I don't know what this new Soarbwings concept is, but it sounds like an improvement.

Sonic, The Be and BWW into one singular, feel-good concept.  Because some cost accountant thinks protein synergy is better. 

fjm

• All American
« Reply #4689 on: October 03, 2018, 11:02:55 AM »
FYI. Forgot to mention this.
Saw Freeway last weekend at Harvest Fest. Great guy.

Group of Aholes were kinda picking on him. Felt bad, but Freeway is still the man.

Said hi to him. He was all decked out in packer gear and Cheering like crazy for the brewers.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #4690 on: October 03, 2018, 03:31:50 PM »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4691 on: October 03, 2018, 04:59:46 PM »
FYI. Forgot to mention this.
Saw Freeway last weekend at Harvest Fest. Great guy.

Group of Aholes were kinda picking on him. Felt bad, but Freeway is still the man.

Said hi to him. He was all decked out in packer gear and Cheering like crazy for the brewers.

One test of a true MU fan is to mention Freeway. If they know who you are talking about, add a point. If they don't, take two points away....

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4692 on: October 03, 2018, 05:05:08 PM »
I'm not sure how things work across the pond but it was a group of students who banned this. I don't think they have any actual power to enforce it, more of a request than a ban.

I'm struggling with this one. I understand the thought process. I work with people who have PTSD on at least a weekly basis. One of my best friends from back home served in Afghanistan and came back with a pretty severe case. When people struggling with PTSD run into one of their triggers, there's often nothing they can do to stop a reaction and it's terrible to watch. It took a while for my friend to identify one of his main triggers. It was the smell of onions. The bazaar where he and his unit were ambushed reeked of onions and their smell triggered panic attacks and flashbacks for him. There have been cases of loud applause setting off someone's PTSD, so I understand wanting to help that group.

All that being said, my friend would never expect a space to ban onions from the premises. That wouldn't be a reasonable request. It sucks, it's awful but if your PTSD is so bad that applause could be potentially debilitating, then perhaps that person needs to seek treatment before attending university. It's simply not reasonable to expect that you will never run into applause or other loud noises.

Good intentions here but poor execution.

I’ll never forget crash’s personal story on this...made my eyes watery.  Just reading it had a very profound affect on me.  He posted it a year or so ago and man, it was powerful.  The one where he went out for an early morning run on a golf course some time after he returned home from proudly serving our country.  There was more, but I will leave the rest up to anyone who wants to go back and re- read it. Our brains can be very resilient, yet very fragile.  Certain smells, sounds/noises, images can bring back some nasty memories.  This is a tough one
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4693 on: October 03, 2018, 05:09:53 PM »
One test of a true MU fan is to mention Freeway. If they know who you are talking about, add a point. If they don't, take two points away....

Freeway was Marquette cool!!  MU shoulda “trademarked” him👍💪 😉

How did he get that name anyway?
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4694 on: October 03, 2018, 05:15:44 PM »
Freeway was Marquette cool!!  MU shoulda “trademarked” him👍💪 😉

How did he get that name anyway?

Because he frequently stood on the overpass of the freeway
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4695 on: October 03, 2018, 05:15:44 PM »
I’ll never forget crash’s personal story on this...made my eyes watery.  Just reading it had a very profound affect on me.  He posted it a year or so ago and man, it was powerful.  The one where he went out for an early morning run on a golf course some time after he returned home from proudly serving our country.  There was more, but I will leave the rest up to anyone who wants to go back and re- read it. Our brains can be very resilient, yet very fragile.  Certain smells, sounds/noises, images can bring back some nasty memories.  This is a tough one

Agreed. Traumatic memories can trigger panic attacks (or worse) at the drop of a hat, and one person's normal activity might be another's trigger. Figuring out when and when to draw the lines is difficult and imprecise.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4696 on: October 03, 2018, 05:24:06 PM »
There was a kickstarter campaign to fund a Freeway documentary a few years back. Don't know if it ever got made, but here's a nice trailer that gives a bit of his story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TWe2n24ej4

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4697 on: October 06, 2018, 08:50:39 AM »
I had pancakes for breakfast.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #4698 on: October 06, 2018, 09:07:57 AM »
Two eggs. Multigrain toast and Smart Spread.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4699 on: October 06, 2018, 09:11:41 AM »
Two eggs. Multigrain toast and Smart Spread.

No longer grain-free?