[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1948474 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #4625 on: September 30, 2018, 11:38:29 AM »
Shouldn't people who bring false accusations face punishment for such actions?
Definitely.  What do you propose the penalty should be for claiming your predecessor was disqualified based on his place of birth and then wiretapped you?  Probably disqualify you from any job requiring public trust, huh?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4626 on: September 30, 2018, 11:45:36 AM »
The grate shredded cheese debate of 2018

Make America grate again.
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4627 on: September 30, 2018, 02:01:09 PM »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4628 on: September 30, 2018, 03:27:30 PM »
Definitely.  What do you propose the penalty should be for claiming your predecessor was disqualified based on his place of birth and then wiretapped you?  Probably disqualify you from any job requiring public trust, huh?

I'm down wit dat.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4629 on: September 30, 2018, 03:42:44 PM »
Interesting.  I've been to a lot of campuses in both TX and around the country.  I don't like Baylor's campus, and Waco is complete crap. 

On my list of top campuses, in no particular order.

Berry College
Cornell
Washington
UVa
UC-Santa Cruz
BYU
San Diego (largely because of the Immaculate Church)
Furman
Dartmouth (gorgeous in fall)
Yale (but New Haven is a craphole)

Agree on Washington, UVa, BYU and Yale - haven't been to the others on your list.

I've previously mentioned Vanderbilt and Mizzou, which are both beautiful. A couple of others that are pretty awesome: Suwanee (University of the South) and the University of Richmond.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4630 on: September 30, 2018, 06:45:09 PM »
Wow
My son took a baseball visit to xavier and i thought the place was an absolute S- hole and literally in the middle of nowhere near downtown cincy, and still in a slummy area to boot.  Yikes place was a big nooooooo

We also were not impressed with Xavier. As graduates of an Ohio Jesuit high school, it’s a natural pick for my kids. Many of their friends and classmates go there. But none of my first three were even remotely interested in Xavier.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

theBabyDavid

• Scholarship Player
  • pretty stinkin' cute
« Reply #4631 on: September 30, 2018, 07:03:33 PM »

Not nearly as severe as one who makes the terms of military service adherence to a partisan political line.

The number of really good men - men of honor, courage, and infallible character - who were fired during a recent eight year period for not endorsing a political perspective is criminal.

The perpetrator of that outrage needs to leave the NCR as is expected by tradition established by Geo Washington and do whatever he once called a job.

"I don't care what Chick says, my mom's a babe" 

theBabyDavid

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #4632 on: September 30, 2018, 07:24:42 PM »
Shouldn't people who bring false accusations face punishment for such actions?
I don't understand, can you revert to your normal language?
Goal is National Championship

source?

• All American
« Reply #4633 on: September 30, 2018, 08:04:57 PM »
Really? In the NM thread? Is nothing sacred?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #4634 on: September 30, 2018, 08:19:11 PM »
Really? In the NM thread? Is nothing sacred?

Even though I agree with Keefe, good point

ND sucks.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4635 on: September 30, 2018, 09:54:13 PM »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4636 on: October 01, 2018, 01:10:12 AM »
Not nearly as severe as one who makes the terms of military service adherence to a partisan political line.

The number of really good men - men of honor, courage, and infallible character - who were fired during a recent eight year period for not endorsing a political perspective is criminal.

The perpetrator of that outrage needs to leave the NCR as is expected by tradition established by Geo Washington and do whatever he once called a job.
Would be nice if we could get some of these guys back.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #4637 on: October 01, 2018, 07:04:06 AM »
I had my first Honey Crisp of the season.  The store I went to had zero Red Delicious apples...life is good.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4638 on: October 01, 2018, 07:52:43 AM »
I had my first Honey Crisp of the season.  The store I went to had zero Red Delicious apples...life is good.

Had a few Honey Crisps last week. Awesome!

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #4639 on: October 01, 2018, 08:31:06 AM »
I have a 6-month-old infant and (currently) 5 dogs. Shredding cheese takes far less time than you think.

Do you eat tacos? Pizza? Nachos? Because there is no type of food that isn't improved by freshly shredded cheese. And you might be surprised at the kinds of cheese that are worth shredding and putting on stuff. I made macaroni and cheese with an 8-year-old aged sharp cheddar shredded and it was delicious and decadent. Far better than the wood-shaving covered stuff you get from Kraft or Sargento.

When my was son was 6 months old, I  used to shred my own cheese all the time, too.   I still do occasionally.  A couple weeks ago I had some freshly shredded parmesan on a burger and it was great!

But I've found some brands of shredded cheese that are good enough (not Kraft!) and the time saved is worth the tradeoff for a modest decline in quality.  Plus not having to worry about little helpers cutting their hands on a cheese grater.

Aged cheddar isn't really my thing.  I used to make a smoked gouda mac and cheese that was great but finding time to make it is hard to come by.

Now when I splurge on cheese I usually go for stuff to put on a cheeseboard: cocoa cardona, brie, mancheego, apricot ginger stilton, etc.  Cheeses that can stand on there own.  Cooking with them would be a waste and ruin the flavor and texture.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4640 on: October 01, 2018, 08:51:42 AM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4641 on: October 01, 2018, 08:52:49 AM »
Best brand of shredded cheese I have found is Tillamook
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4642 on: October 01, 2018, 09:14:15 AM »
Had a few Honey Crisps last week. Awesome!

Took the advice and got on the Honey  Crisp train.
            ---Al McGuire

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #4643 on: October 01, 2018, 10:42:30 AM »
When my was son was 6 months old, I  used to shred my own cheese all the time, too.   I still do occasionally.  A couple weeks ago I had some freshly shredded parmesan on a burger and it was great!

But I've found some brands of shredded cheese that are good enough (not Kraft!) and the time saved is worth the tradeoff for a modest decline in quality.  Plus not having to worry about little helpers cutting their hands on a cheese grater.

Aged cheddar isn't really my thing.  I used to make a smoked gouda mac and cheese that was great but finding time to make it is hard to come by.

Now when I splurge on cheese I usually go for stuff to put on a cheeseboard: cocoa cardona, brie, mancheego, apricot ginger stilton, etc.  Cheeses that can stand on there own.  Cooking with them would be a waste and ruin the flavor and texture.

Pre-shredded cheese, especially semi-soft and medium-hard cheeses, are woefully inferior to the freshly shredded versions for one simple reason: anti-caking agents.

Using a bag of shredded cheese instead of grating yourself is tantamount to using liquid smoke instead of smoker.

A job worth doing is worth doing right.  Otherwise, there's surely an Arby's nearby you that will be happy to half-ass your meal for a modest decline in quality.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #4644 on: October 01, 2018, 11:25:17 AM »
St. Louis pizza uses Provel cheese instead of mozzarella and it's awful. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4645 on: October 01, 2018, 11:28:37 AM »
St. Louis pizza uses Provel cheese instead of mozzarella and it's awful.

Italian mozzarella come from water buffalo milk.  In the US, it comes almost exclusively from cows. There are very few water buffalo herds in the US.  You guys are eating crap.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4646 on: October 01, 2018, 12:19:27 PM »
No news yet on Seth Lundy Penn State official visit. Interesting Scouting Report on Seth:

https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/seth-lundy-sf-philadelphia-pa-2019
            ---Al McGuire

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4647 on: October 01, 2018, 12:43:00 PM »

If you haven't already tried it, I'd suggest Saint-Marcellin.

https://www.cheese.com/saint-marcellin/

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #4648 on: October 01, 2018, 01:44:44 PM »
No news yet on Seth Lundy Penn State official visit. Interesting Scouting Report on Seth:

https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/seth-lundy-sf-philadelphia-pa-2019

Wrong thread!

and furthermore, only take cheese advice from cheeseheads  >:(

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #4649 on: October 01, 2018, 04:13:31 PM »
Italian mozzarella come from water buffalo milk.  In the US, it comes almost exclusively from cows. There are very few water buffalo herds in the US.  You guys are eating crap.

Italian mozzarella isn't synonymous with DOP buffalo mozzarella; however, Costco does sell the latter in 4-packs.  It's costly, but it's 10,000% better.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.