[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1948977 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #2725 on: April 27, 2018, 03:40:08 PM »
I also peed next to Wojo.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2726 on: April 27, 2018, 03:40:47 PM »

If you know exactly where to look, you can see what I think is me for a nanosecond in the movie "Thirty Minutes or Less."

Does that qualify you for a Screen Actors' Guild pension?

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #2727 on: April 27, 2018, 03:42:26 PM »
I have only two:

The Beatles came to the house next door when they played their only concert in Minneapolis in 1965.  My neighbor was the head of the old Met Stadium/Arena.  As I was 5 at the time, I was completely clueless about this.

Tony Kubek had dinner at our house every time the Yankees were in town to play the Twins.  He is my uncle's cousin.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2728 on: April 27, 2018, 03:45:14 PM »
Ha.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2729 on: April 27, 2018, 03:57:16 PM »

I played a bit part in a movie that filmed near my home town.  Spent the day with Chris Penn and Lori Singer.

And yes, I actually was eligible to join SAG afterward, but there was no reason.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2730 on: April 27, 2018, 03:58:52 PM »
I was at a few campus parties with future governor Scott Walker back in the day.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #2731 on: April 27, 2018, 04:00:23 PM »
Are you guys just trying to give Chicos a coronary....?

Angelo Pizzo is a good friend of mine.

Mario Andretti was at my house and rode my exercise bike while we were having a Indy 500 race party.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #2732 on: April 27, 2018, 04:01:16 PM »
I was at a few campus parties with future governor Scott Walker back in the day.
Did you help him get rid of the Tribune that endorsed his rival?
Goal is National Championship

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2733 on: April 27, 2018, 04:21:09 PM »
Did you help him get rid of the Tribune that endorsed his rival?

I voted for his rival.

He was a real nice guy.  But kinda awkward in a "you seem way too old for college" kind of way.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2734 on: April 27, 2018, 04:22:43 PM »
If AI brings us better ketchup too, this is an easy decision.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2735 on: April 27, 2018, 04:24:34 PM »
The first part is from the Airport Thread:

* I had a contract engineering job that put me on the JFK to LAX flight once a month.  Had Tommy Hilfiger on one flight who gave me a cool finger point when I waved to him, had LaVar Burton on another flight and saw Slash at LAX.
* In the early 90's flying out to Milwaukee for Summer Fest I had Paul Schaffer and the World's Most Dangerous Band on my flight.  I sat next to Anton the drummer as only Paul was in First Class.  They were all at the luggage carousel later.
* In the 80's and 90's I used to see NHL teams in airports all the time, but they must have started doing charter flights in 2000's.
* Like 15 years ago on a flight to Cleveland, I sat next to a polite chatty older gentlemen who ended up engaging me in an interesting philosophical conversation the whole flight.  He was on his way to Oberlin College to give a talk.  I got on the flight determined to take a nap because it was like a 6:30am flight out of LGA and I was charmed otherwise.  It turned out to be Noam Chomsky.

* Returning from vacation on a Sunday night we hit Stew Leonard's for grocery shopping, and Matthew Perry and friends (not thee Friends entered at the same time.  He amused us the entire time as we walked through the Stew Leonard's maze.  He had a funny comment for us in every aisle.
* As I stepped into a New York subway train, Jerry Orbach stepped off.
* Wandering around the Wall Street area there were a bunch of trailers all over and closed streets.  We started talking to a guy leaning on light post smoking a cigarette to find out what was going on.  It was actor, Larry Bryggman, a.k.a. Inspector Cobb who was on a break in the middle of filming Die Hard with a Vengeance.
* I went to high school with Dan Cosgrove from Van Wilder and the later seasons of the original 90210.  He actually graduated with my brother, but we were all on the track team.  I still recall him getting chewed one day because he did javelin and he was screwing around in practice and almost speared someone.
* I randomly have spoke with so many Senators and Congressman.  The last time was during the 2018 New Have St. Patrick's Day parade when the parade stopped mysteriously for 10 minutes.  Rep Rosa Delauro was stuck in front of us were she came over and chatted with us while she waited.  Asked about my older daughter's college search.
* After the parade, Senator Blumenthal took selfies with my wife and I at my town's 2017 Memorial Day parade.
* I'm forgetting a few, but will add when I remember.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2736 on: April 27, 2018, 04:25:13 PM »
Anyone here go to County Stadium to be part of the crowd during the filming of Major League?

I remember hearing about it, but decided not to go. A few friends went and said it was pretty boring.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #2737 on: April 27, 2018, 04:31:01 PM »
Too many people to list, from the time when I worked at Wrigley Field. Pretty much any celebrity (and sometimes that word was used loosely) you can think of with any sort of connection to Chicago.

I did three seasons there, and my favorite by far was getting to "meet" Lord Stanley's Cup when the Blackhawks brought it. That was cooler to me than meeting any individual person. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 04:38:13 PM by Warrior Code »
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2738 on: April 27, 2018, 04:34:51 PM »

* Returning from vacation on a Sunday night we hit Stew Leonard's for grocery shopping, and Matthew Perry and friends (not thee Friends entered at the same time.  He amused us the entire time as we walked through the Stew Leonard's maze.  He had a funny comment for us in every aisle.
* As I stepped into a New York subway train, Jerry Orbach stepped off.
* Wandering around the Wall Street area there were a bunch of trailers all over and closed streets.  We started talking to a guy leaning on light post smoking a cigarette to find out what was going on.  It was actor, Larry Bryggman, a.k.a. Inspector Cobb who was on a break in the middle of filming Die Hard with a Vengeance.

* I randomly have spoke with so many Senators and Congressman.  The last time was during the 2018 New Have St. Patrick's Day parade when the parade stopped mysteriously for 10 minutes.  Rep Rosa Delauro was stuck in front of us were she came over and chatted with us while she waited.  Asked about my older daughter's college search.
* After the parade, Senator Blumenthal took selfies with my wife and I at my town's 2017 Memorial Day parade.

NYC is a great place for spotting famous people. I was walking through SOHO when Gilbert Gottfried walked past. He was a lot shorter than I imagined he'd be.

As for politicians, I was on a flight from MSP to DCA with Senator Amy Klobuchar. She was very personable, and spent most of the flight walking around and chatting with people.

And like most people who grew up in Wisconsin back in the day, I shaked Senator Bill Proxmire's hand about fifty times. The guy was always out in front shaking hands at Brewers, Bucks and Packers games. "Hi, Bill Proxmire. Great to see you."

« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 04:37:00 PM by GooooMarquette »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2739 on: April 27, 2018, 04:58:27 PM »
That brings up an interesting topic. What is the strangest connection you have with well known people.

I have a couple, I've met Chance the Rapper before because he went to the same school as one of my best friends, and this one is more of a stretch but someone I used to work at camp with is married to Jim Deshaies daughter.

Vegas is an interesting place.

Sat next to and chatted with Leann Rimes at a bar when she was underage.  Had no idea who she was.  Learned later.

Spent a full afternoon, including hot tub time, with Mike Shinoda.  Unbelievably nice and humble guy.

Yeah, I've met some athletes and prominent politicians.  So what?  But chick and I have a good friend who has met Nelson Mandela.  He wins.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2740 on: April 27, 2018, 05:13:52 PM »
I played a bit part in a movie that filmed near my home town.  Spent the day with Chris Penn and Lori Singer.

And yes, I actually was eligible to join SAG afterward, but there was no reason.

Footloose!
Have some patience, FFS.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2741 on: April 27, 2018, 05:16:33 PM »
Footloose!

Yeah...you'd think so, wouldn't you.  Rest assured, if that was my brush with fame, I'd have posted, "I was in freaking Footloose, ya'll!"

Although, I am pretty close in the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" thing.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 05:18:31 PM by StillAWarrior »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2742 on: April 27, 2018, 05:21:05 PM »
Yeah...you'd think so, wouldn't you.  Rest assured, if that was my brush with fame, I'd have posted, "I was in freaking Footloose, ya'll!"

Made in the USA, nice.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2743 on: April 27, 2018, 05:23:57 PM »
That brings up an interesting topic. What is the strangest connection you have with well known people.

I have a couple, I've met Chance the Rapper before because he went to the same school as one of my best friends, and this one is more of a stretch but someone I used to work at camp with is married to Jim Deshaies daughter.

Worked out with Iman Shumpert and Ellis Coleman (Olympic wrestler who was famous for this thing called the flying squirrel) when we were all in High School.

Shotgunned a beer with jimmy butler and Lazar Hayward outside OD before I knew who they were because I was out of the dorm if written up again... looking at a poster here lol.

Larry Bell the founder of Bell's brewery is a family friend through his wife though the guy's sort of a dbag.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 05:25:37 PM by BagpipingHurler »
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2744 on: April 27, 2018, 05:26:15 PM »
Growing up in Nashville, I saw country stars all the time.

Ray Stevens' daughter was in my home room freshman year in high school. I saw him every year at the Father Daughter dance. Lorrie Morgan was a couple of classes ahead of me. She is a reasonably big name if you follow country music, but some of you might know her from dating Troy Aikman for several years. Minnie Pearl came up to my parents at the grocery store and told them what a beautiful family they had.

My dad met the most celebrities, though. For a time he ran a company that made handmade, high-end acoustic guitars, and famous musicians came in all the time to place custom orders. Once Porter Wagoner came in with a young woman and said "Jim, I want you to meet my new girl singer." It was Dolly Parton.

Oh, and I got propositioned by Goober once when I was waitressing . Yes, that one.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 05:28:01 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2745 on: April 27, 2018, 05:29:42 PM »

You mean there is more than one movie that stars both Lori Singer and Chris Penn?
Have some patience, FFS.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2746 on: April 27, 2018, 07:00:11 PM »
I have only two:

The Beatles came to the house next door when they played their only concert in Minneapolis in 1965.  My neighbor was the head of the old Met Stadium/Arena.  As I was 5 at the time, I was completely clueless about this.

Tony Kubek had dinner at our house every time the Yankees were in town to play the Twins.  He is my uncle's cousin.

You look much younger. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 07:01:42 PM by real chili 83 »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2747 on: April 27, 2018, 07:04:00 PM »
The Goodyear blimp flew over my house once.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2748 on: April 27, 2018, 07:34:39 PM »
The Goodyear blimp flew over my house once.

We see the blimp all the time over our house.  Whenever it is covering an event in the Chicago area, they park it a couple of miles away from us.
Have some patience, FFS.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2749 on: April 27, 2018, 07:39:51 PM »
We see the blimp all the time over our house.  Whenever it is covering an event in the Chicago area, they park it a couple of miles away from us.

Our house is between the hangar in Akron and downtown Cleveland, so we see it whenever they’re using it for the Browns, Indians or Cavs.

feedback