collapse

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by Lennys Tap
[Today at 09:40:37 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[Today at 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 316769 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1600 on: July 27, 2020, 09:19:20 PM »
I think that directive is likely for Chicago residents more than for WI residents

Exactly.  If you live in Chicago and visit Wisconsin, you have to quarantine for 2 weeks after you return.

In related news, Lake Geneva is a ghost town.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 09:20:51 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1601 on: July 30, 2020, 02:28:35 PM »
Evers issues a state-wide mask mandate.

Glad to know he actually can do something.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1602 on: July 30, 2020, 02:33:42 PM »
Evers issues a state-wide mask mandate.

Glad to know he actually can do something.

Hold on, I was told right here on this board that he can't do that, and the SCOWI and the GOP had already said no masks!

larrym

• Starter
« Reply #1603 on: July 30, 2020, 03:31:32 PM »
Hold on, I was told right here on this board that he can't do that, and the SCOWI and the GOP had already said no masks!

When the new SC justice is sworn in on Saturday, the odds of a successful GOP lawsuit against this decreases.  In this case, timing is probably everything.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1604 on: July 30, 2020, 03:35:21 PM »
When the new SC justice is sworn in on Saturday, the odds of a successful GOP lawsuit against this decreases.  In this case, timing is probably everything.

Eh, maybe.  This assumes votes will fall differently, and that judges don't tell Evers to pound sand.

You don't get to re-litigate laws because the judges change.

For me, I think this order is far different from the previous order.  Shut down vs masks.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1605 on: July 30, 2020, 03:38:31 PM »
Eh, maybe.  This assumes votes will fall differently, and that judges don't tell Evers to pound sand.

You don't get to re-litigate laws because the judges change.

For me, I think this order is far different from the previous order.  Shut down vs masks.

Yup and it’s just masks indoors I believe.  Not exactly moving the needle being that you can’t find too many places that aren’t already enforcing this.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1606 on: July 30, 2020, 03:40:00 PM »
Yup and it’s just masks indoors I believe.  Not exactly moving the needle being that you can’t find too many places that aren’t already enforcing this.

Huh? There are tons of places that don’t enforce this. This definitely moves the needle and is long overdue. It should be put in place in all 50 states.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1607 on: July 30, 2020, 03:47:04 PM »

Yo, I don't know where you live, but this is flat out wrong.  Much of rural Wisconsin does not have or enforce anything remotely close to this.

I was at a Kwik Trip in Columbia County on Tuesday, and I was the only one wearing a mask outside of the employees.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1608 on: July 30, 2020, 04:12:52 PM »
Yo, I don't know where you live, but this is flat out wrong.  Much of rural Wisconsin does not have or enforce anything remotely close to this.

I was at a Kwik Trip in Columbia County on Tuesday, and I was the only one wearing a mask outside of the employees.

Employees, myself and 1 other customer had masks at the Kwik Trip in New Berlin this morning.  Roughly a dozen or so other customers did not
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1609 on: July 30, 2020, 04:19:06 PM »
Employees, myself and 1 other customer had masks at the Kwik Trip in New Berlin this morning.  Roughly a dozen or so other customers did not

I play in a softball league in Wauwatosa. Our team is sponsored by a bar in Brookfield. I hadn't gone prior to last week because I didn't want to go into the bar, but some of our team decided to sit outside on their patio this past weekend. The bar was packed inside. 50+ people in a small space. My three friends and I were the only ones wearing masks, and that includes bartenders and waitstaff. We were also mocked for wearing masks, which I don't really care about but shows the attitudes in lots of places.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 04:22:11 PM by BM1090 »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1610 on: July 30, 2020, 04:28:35 PM »
I play in a softball league in Wauwatosa. Our team is sponsored by a bar in Brookfield. I hadn't gone prior to last week because I didn't want to go into the bar, but some of our team decided to sit outside on their patio this past weekend. The bar was packed inside. 50+ people in a small space. My three friends and I were the only ones wearing masks, and that includes bartenders and waitstaff. We were also mocked for wearing masks, which I don't really care about but shows the attitudes in lots of places.

I have a weekend trip with old college friends next weekend.  We’re all unsure of exactly how or what we’ll do (weekend at a cabin) but we’ve eliminated our usual tank fest Saturday night at the bar.  I’ll be curious to see if the bar is as packed as it usually is
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #1611 on: July 30, 2020, 04:32:25 PM »
OTOH, I have noticed a significant shift in the midset of "reasonable Republicans" from "see it wasn't that bad" to "holy hell this is getting out of control" in just the last couple of weeks.  IOW, I think Republicans significantly coming out against masks wouldn't be a good political position to take right now.

(The "it's just the flu" types and the coronahoaxers are not budging though.)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1612 on: July 30, 2020, 04:40:57 PM »
OTOH, I have noticed a significant shift in the midset of "reasonable Republicans" from "see it wasn't that bad" to "holy hell this is getting out of control" in just the last couple of weeks.  IOW, I think Republicans significantly coming out against masks wouldn't be a good political position to take right now.

(The "it's just the flu" types and the coronahoaxers are not budging though.)

I’d argue there is a growing sentiment that’s not “holy hell” but “might as well, this needs to end and it can’t hurt”.  Which in my opinion is the best case scenario for moving the needle.

• All American
« Reply #1613 on: July 30, 2020, 04:42:25 PM »
I’d argue there is a growing sentiment that’s not “holy hell” but “might as well, this needs to end and it can’t hurt”.  Which in my opinion is the best case scenario for moving the needle.

Yeah I think that’s reasonable.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1614 on: July 30, 2020, 05:32:08 PM »
To be fair guys, Kwik Trips are insanely clean.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1615 on: July 30, 2020, 05:37:29 PM »
Evers issues statewide mask order. What's the over/under on days until republicans sue?

Evers said he decided to issue the orders as a way to get on top of a virus outbreak growing out of control in recent weeks.

"We tried their way. Folks, it’s not working," Evers said Thursday of Republican lawmakers' successful lawsuit to remove state-imposed restrictions on daily life.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1616 on: July 30, 2020, 06:43:57 PM »
Looks to be a smart move as we just changed a justice on the Supreme Court from Conservative to Lib. Vote last time was 4-3 and one of the 4 was the guy who is gone now.

Once again showing that Evers was smart to wait till the Court looks to be in his favor. If he had done this a couple weeks ago, it would have been struck down just like the last one.

We had people here that said Evers was weak for not doing it earlier, but it would have been futile. Of course, it would have been the right thing to do, but it was a losing proposition. Would have been just like impeachment, otherwise. Right thing with zero chance.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #1617 on: July 30, 2020, 09:25:04 PM »
correct me if i am wrong but I thought singing was one of the ways you projected more particles of the virus in the air that anything else.  All the states I have looked at for mandates allow for the masks to be removed for exercise indoors

When you are giving a religious, political, media, educational, artistic, cultural, musical, or theatrical presentation for an audience, so long as you have at least 6 feet between you and other individuals.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 09:41:35 PM by injuryBug »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1618 on: July 30, 2020, 10:02:10 PM »
"Once again showing that Evers was smart to....

"once again"??   how about we get to one first.  let's not get out of control here.  if you think evers is making any decisions, strike up another one for what to think not how to think.  you've heard of the term "figurehead"?  yup, you can put uncle joe in the same padded room
don't...don't don't don't don't

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1619 on: July 30, 2020, 10:33:14 PM »

And you will find that same thing next week at Kwik Trip in Columbia County. 

• All American
« Reply #1620 on: July 31, 2020, 07:29:10 AM »
"Once again showing that Evers was smart to....

"once again"??   how about we get to one first.  let's not get out of control here.  if you think evers is making any decisions, strike up another one for what to think not how to think.  you've heard of the term "figurehead"?  yup, you can put uncle joe in the same padded room

Uhh... who’s making the decisions then?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1621 on: July 31, 2020, 07:34:42 AM »
Uhh... who’s making the decisions then?

Putin, of course.

/s

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1622 on: July 31, 2020, 07:38:59 AM »
And you will find that same thing next week at Kwik Trip in Columbia County.

Ah, so you agree that rural areas of Wisconsin were not wearing masks?  Just say that.

And if the law enforcement of the rural counties on WI won't enforce the mandate, then pull their funding.  No pay raises, no new equipment, etc.    Enough kittenfooting around. 

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #1623 on: July 31, 2020, 07:53:58 AM »
Ah, so you agree that rural areas of Wisconsin were not wearing masks?  Just say that.

And if the law enforcement of the rural counties on WI won't enforce the mandate, then pull their funding.  No pay raises, no new equipment, etc.    Enough kittenfooting around. 

https://www.weau.com/2020/07/30/washburn-county-will-not-enforce-masks/

I had to look up where it is, but yea, Washburn County is about as rural as it gets.

• All American
« Reply #1624 on: July 31, 2020, 08:42:01 AM »
https://www.weau.com/2020/07/30/washburn-county-will-not-enforce-masks/

I had to look up where it is, but yea, Washburn County is about as rural as it gets.

Seriously. The yokel sheriff is now a Constitutional scholar.  🙄🙄🙄

feedback