[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Comcast to buy Time Warner Cable  (Read 29439 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Comcast to buy Time Warner Cable
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 05:48:06 PM »
Not even sure how Chicos turned this into a tobacco/marijuana thread, but the assertion that marijuana causes more lung damage than tobacco per amount smoked is insane. I'm not saying marijuana is good for you, but cigarettes are probably the most unhealthy thing you can do to your body, short of shooting up heroin with used needles you found in a parking lot.

Not to mention there are lots of ways to use marijuana. Putting it in brownies causes no lung damage. Chewing/dipping tobacco still causes cancer of the mouth, gums and throat.

Beat me to it Bleu. Regardless of whether the effects of smoking marijuana is worse for your lungs, the legal argument isn't techincally over the the legalization of the ability to smoke marijuana, it's about making distribution of the substance legal. If you choose to put it in brownies, no lung cancer! I'm not certain of a way to get your nicotine fix without a cancer risk.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2014, 06:26:15 PM »
Any of y'all actually ever pound sand?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2014, 06:49:26 PM »
The cable cos. can do as they please as long as wanktube stays free
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2014, 08:05:42 PM »
Is that why your Gregory turns orange while eatin' Doritos?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2014, 09:18:00 PM »
About 90% of people in this country can get satellite.

As explained above, there is a reason why cable is a monopoly in a territory.  Buildout costs are massive.

Can't you say the same about phone...buildout costs are massive.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2014, 10:19:54 PM »
Beat me to it Bleu. Regardless of whether the effects of smoking marijuana is worse for your lungs, the legal argument isn't techincally over the the legalization of the ability to smoke marijuana, it's about making distribution of the substance legal. If you choose to put it in brownies, no lung cancer! I'm not certain of a way to get your nicotine fix without a cancer risk.

We'll there's  e cigarettes which I have absolutely no issue with as it's nicotine and water, but actual tobacco you are correct it is not safe in any form.

Not to mention the many positives marijuana does bring to many very seriously ill people

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2014, 10:30:18 PM »
Which would save me a ton of money cuz the only thing I'd be paying for are certain sports channels.

but Ariel may change the landscape on this too.

Princes Ariel?

Or Aereo....which is going to lose in the Supreme Court if I had to guess.

In actuality, if you want to keep following Marquette and other sports, you will need to pay through the nose and thus, you won't save a ton of money.  But whatever.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2014, 10:31:47 PM »
So one study you cite says more "bad stuff" per joint/cigarette, but heavy marijuana smokers ingest 2 or 3 joints a day as compared to cigarette smokers ingesting 20 or 30. The other study says we don't know, nothing conclusive that marijuana causes any damage. Suggesting that marijuana smoking has been proven to be more dangerous to lung health than cigarettes is just wrong.

I also said, we won't know likely for a few decades, but some studies do suggest it is worse.  The point is and remains, these same Pols who can't wait to hammer one, can't wait to endorse the other.  Money talks...gov't bought and paid for, just as it is for many things.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2014, 10:38:21 PM »
I also said, we won't know likely for a few decades, but some studies do suggest it is worse.  The point is and remains, these same Pols who can't wait to hammer one, can't wait to endorse the other.  Money talks...gov't bought and paid for, just as it is for many things.

Money does talk.

But who has more money, Philip Morris or the Dead Head with a UV lamp in his attic growing a couple plants?

Who from Big Marijuana is lobbying Washington?

Criminalizing marijuana is bad policy. It's expensive, fills up our prisons, takes away police resources, and costs taxpayers. Decriminalization should be a non partisan no brainer. Over 50% of Americans support it. It's not some lobby group conspiracy

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 10:45:56 PM »
Not even sure how Chicos turned this into a tobacco/marijuana thread, but the assertion that marijuana causes more lung damage than tobacco per amount smoked is insane. I'm not saying marijuana is good for you, but cigarettes are probably the most unhealthy thing you can do to your body, short of shooting up heroin with used needles you found in a parking lot.

Not to mention there are lots of ways to use marijuana. Putting it in brownies causes no lung damage. Chewing/dipping tobacco still causes cancer of the mouth, gums and throat.

More carcinogens in maryjane than in smoking.  I realize that a lot of folks are in denial on this because they don't want it to be true. 

According to the American Lung Association:

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2014, 10:46:32 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/13/comcast-time-warner-merger-customers_n_4780438.html

Huffpost said this...I'm SHOCKED.  I wonder what DailyKos said.

My head exploded reading the comments section of that Huffpost article.  My God, the low information voters are multiplying.  The number of comments about people having absolutely no clue is breathtaking.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:39:57 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2014, 10:48:29 PM »
Can't you say the same about phone...buildout costs are massive.

Mobile or hardline

brandx

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2014, 11:32:33 PM »
Princes Ariel?

Or Aereo....which is going to lose in the Supreme Court if I had to guess.

In actuality, if you want to keep following Marquette and other sports, you will need to pay through the nose and thus, you won't save a ton of money.  But whatever.

Yeah - not the little princess. But it actually looks more promising than I thought. Many of the rulings in Federal courts have gone their way so far. But then it will be a political decision rather than a legal one anyway.

I'm holding out for Clarence to finally say something. I think maybe he's waiting for a case involving Coca Cola before he opens his mouth.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2014, 11:42:30 PM »
Yeah - not the little princess. But it actually looks more promising than I thought. Many of the rulings in Federal courts have gone their way so far. But then it will be a political decision rather than a legal one anyway.

I'm holding out for Clarence to finally say something. I think maybe he's waiting for a case involving Coca Cola before he opens his mouth.

Clarence says plenty, with his votes. 

I'll bet if the ruling goes your way, it was the "right decision"..the "legal decision" and if it goes against you, well it's a "political decision".   ::)

brandx

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2014, 11:49:56 PM »

I'll bet if the ruling goes your way, it was the "right decision"..the "legal decision" and if it goes against you, well it's a "political decision".   ::)

I really don't know what way it will go and I probably wouldn't use it anyway - for now. But if people are able to get local channels free, a lot might leave cable, which may force some re-thinking on their end. That is the benefit that I see, but I really have no sense of which way it is gonna go. Victories in lower courts don't necessarily foretell a high court decision.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2014, 11:58:52 PM »
More carcinogens in maryjane than in smoking.  I realize that a lot of folks are in denial on this because they don't want it to be true. 

According to the American Lung Association:

Again, you don't have to smoke it

brandx

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2014, 12:04:46 AM »

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2014, 12:47:24 AM »

Letter to Chicago
At Aereo, our first priority is to provide consumers with the highest quality technology and user experience possible. Earlier this month, we embarked on our beta test in Chicago and encountered issues with our beta site. As a result, we have delayed our launch in Chicago.

We know you’ve been disappointed about the delay. We’re disappointed too. We are working our fastest to find a solution that works. And, until we’ve found the right solution, we ask for your patience.

Please continue to follow us on this blog, on Twitter and Facebook for updates and a revised launch date. Thanks Chicagoland for your continued interest and support!

The Team at Aereo

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2014, 08:44:01 AM »
Again, you don't have to smoke it

So I'm sure then that the Pols wanting to legalize it will say smoking it will be illegal, writing that in the legislation the craft.  Aferall, it's about public health and safety.    ::)

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2014, 08:46:24 AM »
So I'm sure then that the Pols wanting to legalize it will say smoking it will be illegal, writing that in the legislation the craft.  Aferall, it's about public health and safety.    ::)

Not at all. I agree with you that Pols want the money grab, as per usual. I'm just saying you don't have to smoke it to get use it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2014, 08:49:53 AM »
I really don't know what way it will go and I probably wouldn't use it anyway - for now. But if people are able to get local channels free, a lot might leave cable, which may force some re-thinking on their end. That is the benefit that I see, but I really have no sense of which way it is gonna go. Victories in lower courts don't necessarily foretell a high court decision.

There are many benefits to it. I wish we would buy Aereo.  Quite frankly, if they win their case, they will be bought.   Why is it that DISH, Directv, Comcast, etc have to pay NBC, Fox, CBS, ABC for those channels for which people can get them for FREE if they have an off air antenna?  Not only have to pay for them, but what used to be about $0.03 per channel is now well over a dollar per channel, meaning that in every market customers are getting hit for $4 to $5 on their bill for local channels (except those small DMAs that have less than 4 broadcast networks). 

Again, how did this happen?  Those that create the content made it happen. The ad market tanked, and so they needed revenue elsewhere so they said if you want to carry CBS, you are going to pay 500%, 600%, sometimes 700% more than you used to.  Don't like, pound sand.

They have the control.  If Aereo succeeds, you may see some of them pull out of the broadcast sphere, because they will lose too much money.  They'll go purely cable.  Or, that 8 minutes of commercials per 30 minutes (it used to be 5 minutes way way back), will become 9 minutes, then 10 minutes.  They will get their revenue some way.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2014, 09:39:20 AM »
who smokes joints anymore? vaporizer!!!! it helps dramatically lower carcinogens.

But I like to throw handfuls...

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2014, 09:41:25 AM »
Not to mention there are bake shops where you can get pretty much any food item with it in there. Its a Godsend to cancer patients, and that's not hyperbole. Zero carcinogens.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2014, 09:59:58 AM »
who smokes joints anymore? vaporizer!!!! it helps dramatically lower carcinogens.

Millions of people smoke it every day.  At the Eagles concert a few weeks ago the entire row in front of me had joints lit by middle of song one until eventually an usher came over with a cop and had them stop.  That lasted about 5 songs, rinse, repeat.  A guy about 6 seats over eventually got them kicked out as his wife was having some kind of bad reaction to all the second hand smoke.