* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Michigan  (Read 61681 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Michigan
« Reply #200 on: June 18, 2020, 06:45:49 AM »
Michigan one of 3 states currently considered to have currently contained COVID.   Way to go, Big Gretch.

And kudos to the people of Michigan.   Most of them did the work most of the time.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 07:20:42 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #201 on: June 18, 2020, 11:49:10 AM »
Michigan one of 3 states currently considered to have currently contained COVID.   Way to go, Big Gretch.

And kudos to the people of Michigan.   Most of them did the work most of the time.

I hope they continue to do so for a while.

People in Wisconsin did the same, but I am starting to see cracks. Here in Racine, the vast majority are still employing social distance standards. However, when I go to my place up north, it is much different. Nearby water parks and hotels are crammed with non-mask wearing folks. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt us.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 06:09:56 PM by rocky_warrior »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #202 on: June 18, 2020, 11:50:06 AM »
I hope they continue to do so for a while.

People in Wisconsin did the same, but I am starting to see cracks. Here in Racine, the vast majority are still employing social distance standards. However, when I go to my place up north (red territory), it is much different. Nearby water parks and hotels are crammed with non-mask wearing folks. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt us.

Like the kids on Stranger Things, I call these folks "mouth-breathers."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #203 on: June 18, 2020, 12:04:47 PM »
Like the kids on Stranger Things, I call these folks "mouth-breathers."

We're pretty much isolated, but we'll drive down to the Dells to check things out occasionally and it is as if Covid never happened.

We definitely avoid these mouth breathers. Most of the people in our area are pretty non-political and wear masks whenever it's necessary to go to the store. One couple is from Florida who never wear masks and makes fun of those who do. Needless to say, we have nothing to do with them.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 06:09:11 PM by rocky_warrior »

HansMoleman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #204 on: June 18, 2020, 12:36:14 PM »
We're pretty much isolated, but we'll drive down to the Dells to check things out occasionally and it is as if Covid never happened.

We definitely avoid these mouth breathers. Most of the people in our area are pretty non-political and wear masks whenever it's necessary to go to the store. One couple is a pair of trump lovers from Florida who never wear masks and makes fun of those who do. Needless to say, we have nothing to do with them.
You are clearly more intelligent than these folks.  After all, you follow the science.  You are right to avoid them and their ilk.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #205 on: June 18, 2020, 06:11:38 PM »
Jocky,  you'll see I remove about 5 words total from your 2 posts (look at the diffs vs. those quoted).   It actually makes them legitimate and not terribly divisive.  Try to do this yourself in the future.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #206 on: June 18, 2020, 06:50:27 PM »
Jocky,  you'll see I remove about 5 words total from your 2 posts (look at the diffs vs. those quoted).   It actually makes them legitimate and not terribly divisive.  Try to do this yourself in the future.

Gracias, Rock.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #207 on: June 18, 2020, 07:26:05 PM »
Spoke too soon.  Cases bumped back up.  Cannot let up on this stuff even for a second.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #208 on: July 01, 2020, 06:14:29 PM »
Bars closed again.   A bar in Lansing with 100+ cases tied to it last week.   Bar in GR with 100% capacity and a bunch of 'whoo' girls.    Probably through the end of the month.   Big Gretch ain't having it.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #209 on: July 01, 2020, 07:10:42 PM »
Bars closed again.   A bar in Lansing with 100+ cases tied to it last week.   Bar in GR with 100% capacity and a bunch of 'whoo' girls.    Probably through the end of the month.   Big Gretch ain't having it.
What is a 'whoo' girl? Asking for a friend.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #210 on: July 01, 2020, 07:28:43 PM »

WOOOOO!
Have some patience, FFS.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #211 on: July 01, 2020, 07:31:10 PM »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #212 on: July 02, 2020, 10:39:43 AM »

Here's a solid profile:

Drinks of choice: mimosa, rose', frose', vodka cranberry, other cheap wine that tastes like juice. Plus sweet sugary shots

Previous titles from highschool/college: cheerleader, drill team, sorority girl.

Typical bars: Basically your college bars for post college 20somethings

Coffee drinks: pumpkin spice late! Peppermint late! Also frappacinos
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 03:27:49 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #213 on: July 02, 2020, 02:50:20 PM »

WOOOOO!

This Gif is straight from the source, the episode of "How I Met Your Mother" in which the phrase was coined.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #214 on: July 02, 2020, 03:51:07 PM »
Here's a solid profile:

Drinks of choice: mimosa, rose', frose', vodka cranberry, other cheap wine that tastes like juice. Plus sweet sugary shots

Previous titles from highschool/college: cheerleader, drill team, sorority girl.

Typical bars: Basically your college bars for post college 20somethings

Coffee drinks: pumpkin spice late! Peppermint late! Then those absurdly sugary fruity iced coffee smoothie things from Starbucks

Also: has her Bachelorette party in the Nashville, not because she is that much of a country music fan, but she wants to buy some of those cute cowgirl boots while she is there.
Have some patience, FFS.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #215 on: July 02, 2020, 03:57:47 PM »
Also: has her Bachelorette party in the Nashville, not because she is that much of a country music fan, but she wants to buy some of those cute cowgirl boots while she is there.

Or Austin.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #216 on: July 03, 2020, 02:20:35 PM »
Cases keep going up.    I wonder what Big Gretch will shut down.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #217 on: July 04, 2020, 07:50:08 PM »
Cases keep going up.    I wonder what Big Gretch will shut down.

Interesting poll today, Tower. 37% of Michiganders think Trump treated Michigan worse than any other state in dealing with Covid. Next highest on the list was North Carolina at 14%.

Biden is leading by double digits in Michigan without lifting a finger.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #218 on: July 04, 2020, 08:10:20 PM »
Interesting poll today, Tower. 37% of Michiganders think Trump treated Michigan worse than any other state in dealing with Covid. Next highest on the list was North Carolina at 14%.

Biden is leading by double digits in Michigan without lifting a finger.

FWIW, HRC was leading all the polls in Michigan by a good 6-8 pts up to the 2016 election and had like an 80% chance winning projection

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #219 on: July 04, 2020, 08:23:30 PM »
Biden's takin' his shoes and socks off to count the Vid deaths. He's over a million and countin', hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2020, 08:28:29 PM »
Trump has a track record now.     The undecideds and independents aren't going to think 'what the hell, he's gotta be better than Hillary'  this time.

Plus, Big Gretch is still popular and DJT has said some pretty stupid stuff about Michigan the last few months.

4 months is a long time.   Lots of things can change

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #221 on: July 04, 2020, 08:58:01 PM »
Trump has a track record now.     The undecideds and independents aren't going to think 'what the hell, he's gotta be better than Hillary'  this time.

Plus, Big Gretch is still popular and DJT has said some pretty stupid stuff about Michigan the last few months.

4 months is a long time.   Lots of things can change

I posted that in context of her popularity and the foolishness of attacking her.

There was an absolutely huge anti-Hillary vote in ‘16 that will not exist this time. One thing that Biden is is likeable. And if he does need help, there are many, many testimonials from Rs about what a great guy he is, as well.

Yes, it is early, but trump has shown no inclination to appeal to anyone but the crazies. He sounded like a madman at Mt. Rushmore. Every Biden ad should just show trump.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #222 on: July 04, 2020, 09:33:19 PM »
Michigan...

@RexChapman: Diamond Lake in Cass County, Michigan just now:

A COVID-19 Petri dish...https://twitter.com/MaxLewisTV/status/1279531380439998475/video/1

tower912

• All American
« Reply #223 on: July 07, 2020, 08:01:56 PM »
There will be hell to  pay for that.    Torch Lake, too.   

66k cases.    6,000 dead.   Despite stringent lockdowns.      Wear your damn mask and stay away from big crowds.   

tower912

• All American
« Reply #224 on: July 08, 2020, 03:10:12 PM »
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/07/michigan-sees-largest-one-day-coronavirus-case-increase-in-7-weeks.html

Shocking no one.    I wonder when the next round of restrictions kick in.     

Too many dumb people.   

feedback