[Today at 09:14:48 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 442351 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: 2013 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2013, 10:41:08 AM »
I gave you a rational argument with supporting facts on why the injury isn’t as catastrophic as you are making it out to be, and you hide behind the Packer fan, green and gold glasses and meathead fan argument?   I think you should look at yourself Bear fan. 

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure PTM just pointed out that he is a Packers fan.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2013, 10:41:46 AM »
Speaking in generalizations, I've always found Packers fans to be a unique breed. They are probably more knowledgeable about their own team than any fan base in the league, but abstraction and objective football discussion often evades them. They are more likely to take observations about their team as an insult than perhaps any other fan base in the league. I have no argument that they are among, if not the most passionate fan bases in the league, but it's a very exceptionalistic type of passion.

Most of the points you make are generalizations about all fans and particularly nfl fans. The comments made by Bear fans are slanted and made from their perspective as well.   Speaking in generalizations, as you say, I find Bear fans extremely arrogant, and they have no reason to be.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2013, 10:47:39 AM »
how about that Vince Young eh?
Bulaga is alright but he ain't the greatest left tackle, oh wait, he's never played that position in the NFL yet has he?

Too bad Tretter broke his leg in May, he could've added some now needed depth

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2013, 10:48:49 AM »
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure PTM just pointed out that he is a Packers fan.

Perhaps.  That's not how I read it and based on some of his recent previous posts.

So what it is it PTM?  

🏀

• All American
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2013, 10:49:38 AM »

Blinders still on. Seeing red when the Pack was criticized.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2013, 10:52:17 AM »
Blinders still on. Seeing red when the Pack was criticized.

You are wrong about the blinders and the criticism.  Go back and read my recent posts. I acknowledged it is a bad setback for the team. I do not agree with you that it is season changing injury, and I gave reasons why. How does that make me have blinders on or seeing red.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2013, 10:56:50 AM »
You are wrong about the blinders and the criticism.  Go back and read my recent posts. I acknowledged it is a bad setback for the team. I do not agree with you that it is season changing injury, and I gave reasons why. How does that make me have blinders on or seeing red.

I wasn't really referring to you, but Wiz.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2013, 10:58:55 AM »

ok, I have a soft spot in my heart for Wiz because he is a Packer fan.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2013, 12:09:04 PM »

Awww, I didn't know you cared!

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2013, 01:03:57 PM »
Preseason can't end soon enough for the Pack. Cobb leaves practice hurt, Nelson has surgery, hopes to return for opener.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2013, 01:14:04 PM »
Speaking in generalizations, I've always found Packers fans to be a unique breed. They are probably more knowledgeable about their own team than any fan base in the league, but abstraction and objective football discussion often evades them. They are more likely to take observations about their team as an insult than perhaps any other fan base in the league. I have no argument that they are among, if not the most passionate fan bases in the league, but it's a very exceptionalistic type of passion.

I am a Packer fan and I would go one step further.  I think Packer fans know a lot about their team and are indeed very passionate about their team.  But as a function of the fan-base's size, I think the average Packer fan has the football knowledge of a shrew. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2013, 05:02:54 PM »
I am a Packers fan.

Injuries are starting to stack up. Not too worried about Jordy, but not expecting him to be full strength for the first 4.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2013, 06:47:21 PM »

I am a Packer fan and I would go one step further.  I think Packer fans know a lot about their team and are indeed very passionate about their team.  But as a function of the fan-base's size, I think the average Packer fan has the football knowledge of a shrew. 

Absolutely wrong.  I think there was an article a few years ago that showed that Packers fans are the most knowledgeable.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2013, 07:27:38 PM »
Absolutely wrong.  I think there was an article a few years ago that showed that Packers fans are the most knowledgeable.

26% of NFL players said they were the most knowledgeable, so you are correct.

I do tend to side with Sultan's assesment though, they know they're team and the division. However, saying something critical of the team and you get this guy:

Example - I was discussing injuries to Bulaga, Cobb and Jordy with a guy on a site this afternoon. I was a bit down on the Bulaga injury and that Jordy was going to be behind. It then seemed like I was arguing with Wiz, I ended the discussion when the guy questioned me if I was a shareholder or not.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2013, 06:04:44 AM »
Preseason can't end soon enough

Period. It's the worst part of the season for everyone. You lose good, meaningful players to meaningless games. Preseason should be shortened to one or two games because of the game's brutality and physical ness.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2013, 06:53:16 AM »
Period. It's the worst part of the season for everyone. You lose good, meaningful players to meaningless games. Preseason should be shortened to one or two games because of the game's brutality and physical ness.

Most of these guys are getting hurt in scrimmages and practice.  Barely any preseason games have been played.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2013, 07:56:16 AM »

Most of these guys are getting hurt in scrimmages and practice.  Barely any preseason games have been played.

I'm considering every year.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2013, 08:10:42 AM »

Well, that is a damning indictment of football fans everywhere then.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2013, 08:23:50 AM »

Have you ever spoken to the average Cowboy fan, or Falcon fan, or Houston fan, etc. they are basically morons about football and the reality of their teams. Many cowboy fans think their team is entitled to win the Super Bowl every year.  I am not speaking of everybody, but the fans as a whole.

Packer fans are on the upper end of general football knowledge and knowledge of their own team, and many unbiased sources have said and wrote as much. Do they get defensive? Maybe that is a fair statement, but that doesn't mean every opinion of a packer fan is colored with green and gold glasses as some suggest. It works both ways, and their is plenty of blue and orange glasses floating around this particular site as well.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:04:13 AM by hairyworthen »

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2013, 08:39:49 AM »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2013, 08:51:31 AM »

+1

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2013, 09:02:29 AM »
Packers fan here.  Reigning MUScoop Fantasy Football Champion so we know I know more than everyone here about the NFL.  

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2013, 09:21:13 AM »
+1

Football fans in general are the most meatheaded (my unscientific research).

Packers fans are knowledgeable, but they do consider the Packers the crown jewel of sports, and anybody that says ANYTHING against them, is automatically some sort of hater... and thus the meatheaded reaction begins.

The Vikes have their share of white trash fans who seem to just carry around too much anger... and far too many of them wear face paint. It's disturbing the amount of face paint at a Vikes game.

Bear fans always want more defense, RUN THE BALL!, and they want every player to give 110%, "Just like Butkus!" The post game radio shows are EPIC when they lose.

I don't know anything about Detroit fans.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2013, 09:31:39 AM »
Football fans in general are the most meatheaded (my unscientific research).

Packers fans are knowledgeable, but they do consider the Packers the crown jewel of sports, and anybody that says ANYTHING against them, is automatically some sort of hater... and thus the meatheaded reaction begins.

The Vikes have their share of white trash fans who seem to just carry around too much anger... and far too many of them wear face paint. It's disturbing the amount of face paint at a Vikes game.

Bear fans always want more defense, RUN THE BALL!, and they want every player to give 110%, "Just like Butkus!" The post game radio shows are EPIC when they lose.

I don't know anything about Detroit fans.

Dead on correct. I get great enjoyment tuning into Bernstein and Boores (sp) after the Bears lose to the Packers. Very entertaining.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2013, 09:33:56 AM »
The Vikes have their share of white trash fans who seem to just carry around too much anger jealousy ... and far too many of them wear face paint. It's disturbing the amount of face paint at a Vikes game.

Fixed.