[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Brewers' Trenni Kusnierek Pissed @ Erin Andrews  (Read 24893 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Brewers' Trenni Kusnierek Pissed @ Erin Andrews
« on: August 06, 2008, 09:04:31 AM »
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-080805-greenstein-erin-andrews-espn-nadel,1,6142055.column

Nadel said he has received about 200 e-mails for the column entitled "Blonde bombshell can't distract red-hot Cubs," and they ran 60-40 percent against him.

But he said that of the 30 that were sent by media members, 29 were supportive. That includes 13 from women, including FSN Wisconsin's Trenni Kusnierek, who covered the aforementioned Cubs-Brewers game and took note of Andrews' fashion statement.

Kusnierek, in an interview with OnMilwaukee.com, called it "not appropriate for the ballpark" and said of Andrews: "I wish she'd realize how damaging it is to an entire gender when she carries herself in that manner. It sets us all back to a time where female sports reporters were all seen as husband hunters who were only in the business to catch a cheap glance."

LON

• All American
Re: Brewers' Trenni Kusnierek Pissed @ Erin Andrews
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 09:51:33 AM »
To her credit, she makes some good points on this blog:

http://wisconsinsportsblogs.blogspot.com/2008/08/trenni-vs-erin-andrews.html

"And I know what all the guys out there are going to say, 'Trenni is just being catty because she's jealous.' Trust me when I say I'm not. Erin is a beautiful girl with a body I'd kill for. I know she's hotter than me. But, she'd still be better looking in a professional outfit, not just in glorified lingerie.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 10:14:51 AM »
What we're missing is a photo of EA in the outfit in question.

Anyone?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 10:19:27 AM »
This link has a couple shots of the dress in question...I personally have no problem with it!

http://www.onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles/scorecard080208.html

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 10:34:14 AM »
Come on LancesOtherNut.  You'd think that she was walking around in a bikini.  There is nothing wrong with what she is wearing.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 10:36:58 AM by TallTitan34 »

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 10:48:15 AM »
Come on LancesOtherNut.  You'd think that she was walking around in a bikini.  There is nothing wrong with what she is wearing.

Professionally there is. Out to a party or something there is not.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 10:54:22 AM »

The problem's not so much the outfit, though she's cutting it pretty close. The bigger issue is her reported behavior, if true, i.e getting touchy-feely with players, saying "Good for you Rammie" to Aramis Ramirez after a good game, etc. It smacks of unprofessionalism, regardless of where it comes from or how it's dressed.

The other problem is Erin Andrews' apparent sense of delusion. Her response to the whole hullabaloo:

"ESPN puts me on the best games not because of the way I look, but because they trust me."

Umm .... yeah. Looks have nothing to do with it, Erin.

FWIW, here's the outfit in question:

http://bp1.blogger.com/_1OMiSrEJXnY/SJTK22h4UmI/AAAAAAAAIB0/d_zH-Yr-XZ8/s1600-h/erin_wrigley.jpg

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 11:04:36 AM »
What's wrong with her saying in the clubhouse, "Good game Rammie"?

Are you telling me Trenni has never ended an interview by saying, "Good game Soup" or "Nice pitching today Cappy"?

It's no different!

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 11:09:01 AM »
The other problem is Erin Andrews' apparent sense of delusion. Her response to the whole hullabaloo:

"ESPN puts me on the best games not because of the way I look, but because they trust me."

How do you want her to answer the question?  By saying, "ESPN puts me on the best games because sex sells and quite frankly I'm the best looking side line reporter?"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 11:15:55 AM »
What's wrong with her saying in the clubhouse, "Good game Rammie"?

Are you telling me Trenni has never ended an interview by saying, "Good game Soup" or "Nice pitching today Cappy"?

It's no different!

I have no idea what Trenni has or hasn't said to players. In fact, before this morning I had no idea who Trenni was.
Saying congrats after a game well played is to be expected.
But it is worth noting Andrews wasn't interviewing Ramirez after a game. In fact, she wasn't interviewing him at all. She made her way to him (in a private players area, no less)  before a game to give him props on his performance the previous night.
And yeah, I do think there's a difference between "Nice game" and "Way to go, Rammie." The former is a statement of fact. The latter is cheerleading.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 11:20:29 AM »
How do you want her to answer the question?  By saying, "ESPN puts me on the best games because sex sells and quite frankly I'm the best looking side line reporter?"

How about an answer that doesn't smack of utter self-delusion, complete falsity or both? Is that too much to ask for?
Apparently Trenni can manage it.
"I realize that part of our job as female reporters is to look good. I'm not an idiot and I know our gender is part of the reason we're employed."

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 11:28:19 AM »
She made her way to him (in a private players area, no less)  before a game to give him props on his performance the previous night.

It obviously wasn't a players only area if she was there and another reporter was able to observe this.  I'm guessing Trenni chats it up with the players too.

And yeah, I do think there's a difference between "Nice game" and "Way to go, Rammie." The former is a statement of fact. The latter is cheerleading.

I still don't get what is wrong with that.  Is it wrong if Rick Sutcliffe goes down and says "way to go Rammie"?

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 11:57:17 AM »
TT, its obvious there are some fans that are jealous she just isn't saying...sweet swing Prince!  or what a home run brauny! ;)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 12:03:17 PM by robmufan »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 12:28:59 PM »
robmufan, Pakuni is a White Sox Fan.

Personally, I have a real good feeling this reporter has taken some liberties in writing out the details to make EA sound more overbearing than her actions were. I'm sure that some hick from Peoria isn't getting the access as EA and his Chicago counterparts and is sick of getting shafted in Peoria.

Moving on... Trenni is a bitch. She's one out of 30 that haven't supported EA. EA's dress was not out of line. That is business casual for a woman her age.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 01:00:20 PM »

Personally, I have a real good feeling this reporter has taken some liberties in writing out the details to make EA sound more overbearing than her actions were. I'm sure that some hick from Peoria isn't getting the access as EA and his Chicago counterparts and is sick of getting shafted in Peoria.

Moving on... Trenni is a bitch. She's one out of 30 that haven't supported EA. EA's dress was not out of line. That is business casual for a woman her age.

Have you ever met Trenni you unnatural carnal knowledge face? She is an MU alum and friends with posters on this board.
But I like to throw handfuls...

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 01:04:45 PM »
I have no problem with Trenni.  I just don't think Erin Andrews is doing anything wrong.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 01:15:10 PM »

Of course you would call her a bitch because she reports for the Brewers.  If this was a Cub's sideline reporter you would be 100% on her side.  Maybe you should read closer.  Trenni is 1 of 29 that is supportive of the author, not EA:

"But he said that of the 30 that were sent by media members, 29 were supportive. That includes 13 from women, including FSN Wisconsin's Trenni Kusnierek, who covered the aforementioned Cubs-Brewers game and took note of Andrews' fashion statement."

Also, that dress is not business casual, its much closer to a dress you see girls of that age wear out on the town; however, I don't think it was that bad and the dress shouldn't matter.  However, if she is being a little to chatty with the players, that could be a problem.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 01:18:38 PM »
It obviously wasn't a players only area if she was there and another reporter was able to observe this.  I'm guessing Trenni chats it up with the players too.

Go back and read the story and Andrews' response. There's no dispute over this.

I still don't get what is wrong with that.  Is it wrong if Rick Sutcliffe goes down and says "way to go Rammie"?

Yes. I was always raised on the notion of no cheering from the press box. Going out of your way to find someone in the lockeroom for the purpose of giving them a "Way to go" would seem to violate that maxim.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 01:22:07 PM »
Have you ever met Trenni you frack face? She is an MU alum and friends with posters on this board.

Yep, I have, while she was working. My statements were based on that experience. Should I start sucking her off along with her friends because she went to Marquette? I hate a lot of people that went to Marquette, the affiliation means nothing to me.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 01:24:36 PM »
If this was a Cub's sideline reporter you would be 100% on her side.  Maybe you should read closer.

I don't support any sideline reporters for low-level sports programming. It is completely unnecessary and distracting to the game. National level programming needs to for the wider fan base.

Trenni is a high school reporter compared to Erin Andrews.

My apologies for reading that wrong. Thank you for the heads up.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 01:25:45 PM »
I don't support any sideline reporters for low-level sports programming. It is completely unnecessary and distracting to the game. National level programming needs to for the wider fan base.

Trenni is a high school reporter compared to Erin Andrews.

My apologies for reading that wrong. Thank you for the heads up.

No argument there.

You're welcome   ;D

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 01:27:22 PM »
Yes. I was always raised on the notion of no cheering from the press box. Going out of your way to find someone in the lockeroom for the purpose of giving them a "Way to go" would seem to violate that maxim.

I don't think telling a guy he had a good game in the clubhouse is considered cheering especially since she did it in private.

As a ESPN reporter I'd guess she had access to the Brewers clubhouse too and I'd be willing to bet she told someone there "nice game" or "great season" as well.  Yes I am a Cubs fan but if Erin told Bruan "great season, Brauny" I wouldn't see anything wrong with that either.

I agree with you though, that when on the air for a national broadcast, they should have no bias.  But behind closed doors I have no problem with a reporter saying "good game".

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 01:27:57 PM »

Not to quibble over facts, but ..

1. Mike Nadel is a Chicago-based columnist, not a hick from Peoria.

2. Everything Nadel said wrote has been confirmed by numerous sources, including the Sun-Times'  Cubs writer Gordon Wittenmyer.

3. Actually, only one out of 30 has supported Andrews, not the other way around.

Again, I couldn't care less about the dress. What I find unprofessional is the behavior. Somehow I doubt many of you would be happy to see Erin Andrews giving high fives to Bo Ryan while saying "Super job!" if UW upset Marquette at the Bradley Center next year.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 01:38:08 PM »
Actually Bo Ryan and Bret Bielema were at a Brewer game this year and Trenni interviewed him and congratulated them on a great season last year. 

I didn't have a problem with it despite hating the Badgers.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 01:59:22 PM »
Hopefully all this commotion created just sparks Erin Andrews to wear smaller things to the ball park.  Really, I don't see anything wrong with what she is wearing, but I can understand where Trenni is coming from.   

Trenni is a Marquette alum, don't know if it was stated on here before, so her congratulating Mr. Bo Ryan is a big no no in my book
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2